Transformers: Reactivate General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):

2. Robomike27

Robomike27 Active Member

How astute of you! That IS pretty crazy!

3. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    The most ironic thing is yes, the most gamplay we have seen so far...

Comes from in game screenshots on the toys packaging!

4. Soundlips

News Credits:
    So since Palworld has taken the world by storm, do you think someone could do the same with Transformers? I mean let's face it, times have been tough since like WFC/FoC days, then out of the blue, some random third party comes out of nowhere and makes a rip off like GoBots or something and somehow makes the next best AAA Transformers game without it actually being Transformers.

I want Reactivate to be an awesome thing... but I wouldn't say no to another Palworld situation at this point.

Thoughts? Especially since the massive success of Palworld, will we be seeing a lot more people try and do this kind of thing and cut the red tape and say fuck it and just make a game the people have been actually wanting from an IP.

• Like Like x 2
  5. comicstar100

comicstar100 Well-Known Member

I've always thought a collecting and battling type game would be fun for Transformers. Imagine being able to collect Transformers through out the entire franchise and battle them. Maybe something similar to Custom Robo or Gotcha Force, maybe even something like Gundam Breaker.

6. Robomike27

Robomike27 Active Member

There's plenty of great homage rip offs in the gaming space besides Palworld, such as Freedom Planet, Spark The Electric Jester, Cities: Skylines, Planet Coaster, and so on. But these were all made because it would have been impossible for these developers to make an official Pokemon, Sonic, Sim City, or Rollercoaster Tycoon game the way they wanted and because the rights owners are stingy about who they give it to. In my opinion Hasbro is very lenient to anyone who wants to make an official game of their IP. Currently Outright Games is making cheap, asset flip, budget titles. Activision threw the IP to the first developer they got which got which led to games that didn't include transformation or ruined the good will of the franchise for a quick buck. A lot of people or at least myself forgot Baldur's Gate 3 is a Hasbro IP and the success of that game shows that if a developer wanted to make any of Hasbro's properties into game they would have done it and had the same freedom Larian Studios did.

7. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean a free to play looter shooter but with robots doesn’t exactly sound like it would take off as much as “Pokémon survival game, but with guns”. This game in concept is pretty average to outsiders.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Youd be surprised what free can do. Most of thr games I’ve played in recent times i only got into because of f2p. A lot of them were free of launch and a lot were paid initially. Free is sometimes a good reason to try a game unless its cod level heavy

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's tons of mecha games out there these days, and I'm sure if I looked on steam I could find some that ape the style of Transformers. Palworld is (IMO) only seeing the success its seeing because its able to take advantage of the constant and blinding spotlight on pokemon that's managed to endure for like the last 20 years. Transformers, even as an established media property, doesn't currently have nearly that same level of interest, so a knockoff game wouldn't be able to promote itself to the same degree.

Could you make something like a Palworld-esque backdoor transformers game? Sure. Would it be successful? Maybe. Would it be AS successful? Doubtful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Palword also became popular, in part, because Pokemon fans that are angry about it wouldn't stop talking about it, which in turn made people curious

11. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    The only way I see Reactivate doing well is if the story is good, the mechanics are good and gameplay/the online experience is a thing that will satisfy fans

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Agreed so go crazy with it. That's what seems to get a lot of attention these days.

I would agree there definitely are a lot more Pokémon fans than Transformers fans but still I think if they went complete batshit crazy with it like an R rated open world RPG but with giant robots that go batshit crazy then yeah, I think that game will absolutely blow the fuck up for shits and giggles.

But I mean, is that a bad thing? There have been a number of instances of that happening of hey fuck it, let's ignore the norm of what usually happens, and let's just set the nob to fucking 11 and just fucking go for it. I mean, a Transformers game with actual destructible physics and the ability to actual pop humans like balloons, would sell like hot cakes.

I'm not saying I don't want a really good official TF game, but I very curious to see the unhinged batshit crazy one though.

And I would agree fully, a lesser know studio making a rip of TF would absolutely get buried and the only reason it wouldn't if just by some chance some huge media personality gets it trending. But yeah, the UNGODLY levels of marketing through just word of mouth is beyond insane for Palworld, one that idk can be replicated. I mean come on, it got to levels where it's surpassing games like CS GO, and which I hate to admit, I don't think Reactivate will ever come close to getting to popularity levels like that sadly, especially at the rate we are going.

13. Midas

Midas All that glitters.

A horrible thought has occured to me regarding those layoffs, does anyone know if Highmoon was affected by them at all? Considering they're stuck in the COD mines, they'd sadly be prime chopping block material.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Would not surprise me

Microsoft is laying off entire departs and doing a complete overhaul and restructuring right now so they may get caught in the crossfire

Not to mention just about every other studio as well

15. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    If SD can turn things around and the rumored info about marketing starts in Spring heck the game can launch and be a hit

• Like Like x 1
  16. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Helldivers-2-hero-shot.jpg

Helldivers 2 has restored my faith in live services.

THIS, is how you make a good live service. Fun gameplay, entertaining story, a fun and lively atmosphere, live service elements that don't suck but actually stick to their word and most importantly it's not just one giant ass microtransaction storefront.

Just when I thought live service were dead and could come no where what they actually promised, this one does. If Reactivate does half of what Helldivers 2, it will succeed.

And no, this is not just to boast about Helldivers (entirely) but to show that in the right hands with the right people leading and developing, a live service game can and will work.

BUT... AND THIS IS A HUGE BUT, ONLY IF THEY LISTEN TO THE FANS AND THE FAILURES OF OTHERS

A major part of why the new Helldivers is a success is because they listened to fans, and implemented the new features and fixes, so if we keep trying to give constructive criticism enough, hopefully Splash and Bulkhead will consider at least some of it and start implementing possible fixes.

At the very least, I hope they can at least see the failures of their peers and make changes as needed even if they don't or can't listen to their fans

• Like Like x 4
  17. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My friend has been telling me to pick up this game and honestly, I'm very tempted

18. Frosty Coffee

Frosty Coffee Youtube Content Creator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Good news for Transformers Gaming community!

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen for the win if this turns out to be true

20. Frosty Coffee

Frosty Coffee Youtube Content Creator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    This is exactly what I have been trying to say this entire time. Just like Final Fantasy XIV, they listen to fans and it has become incredibly successful. This is what I hope for with Splash Damage as well

• Like Like x 3