Transformers: Reactivate General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    GTA 20.

2. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20240125-115303_X.jpg

Shit...

So my original numbers weren't updated... in the first month, we are already at over half the total number of layoffs from last year, one of the worst lay off years in gaming.

This, is actually a huge problem. If they keep at this pace, there literally will not be any devs actually still working in the gaming industry.
    And with massive layoffs and people out of a job already, more newbies won't want to try to come in and also fight for a job in an already cut throat market.

This is bad. Because of corporate greed, terrible management decisions, launching bad game after bad game, the rise of AI to automate jobs like design and voice acting, ect; the gaming industry as a whole has a very dark road ahead of them in the near future.

One so bad, that I do think, if it hasn't already, already effected the game we have been most waiting for. And seeing how Splash and Bulkhead are still constantly trying to fill jobs, it could be even harder than easier solely for the fact people have been burned and used and abused for too long and are at their breaking point and done with the gaming landscape as a whole.

3. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This isn't good but hopefully things can change with the possible marketing starting this spring

4. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    As the source for the spring marketing I would add that the spring season officially ends on June 20. After the rumored date for Summer Game Fest.

5. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I keep hearing people say spring though I am not sure how much is that true if they are still filling positions

6. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There is a possible release window according to Robo whether it will come out this year that will be great

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Soundlips

News Credits:
    50/50

Or getting struck by lightning.

Assuming they have all their ducks in a row then maybe.

But, seeing the CVS receipt size of stuff that has gone wrong, and continues to go wrong, I would say no promises.

If this was the release window, I would wager it would be for the beta first to do a trial run and see if they might possibly need to do another delay just because of performance issues alone, not including everything else that could go wrong.

8. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well let's see what will happen
    But this news came from RoboGamer so we take it with a grain of salt

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  9. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I reported spring. It was spring for marketing and reveal, not release though.

Most of the info from Robo’s latest videos are coming from my live streams so I can elaborate; before the switch to Unreal 5 TFR was targeting a late summer 2024 release. I personally believe Splash could maintain that release window.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Be nice if marketing starts this spring though hopefully things can go well at SD without anymore mistakes

11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Well tbh, there might have been another internal panic after seeing the massively negative reactions to Suicide Squad. Granted there were a lot more issues than just people getting tired of live service games and the genre itself slowly dying out, but it is hard to deny that people will most likely take the live service aspect negatively.

I doubt they would have changed their entire model completely into something new, but if they do stick with the live service model, I hope they learned from all the recent mistakes like Halo Infinite and Suicide Squad and implement the fixes to truly make it a lot more favorable and reasonable like Warframe, and don't purposely time gate/microtransaction gate stuff for the sake of money or unnecessarily adding fluff to the game to stretch out play time.

12. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well it's too early to tell but let's just to see what hapepns

13. Frosty Coffee

Frosty Coffee Youtube Content Creator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    While I personally think everything should be strictly cosmetic. I also think that Splash Damage needs to take notes from these games as to why things didn't work out and why these games are ending up with bad reviews etc... Splash needs to take notes on games not just from Destiny and Warframe but successful MMOs. Why you ask, well like I said in my video, they need to find out why these games have done so well. Why are they thriving, why are they still having people come back and people sign up to play these games. It's because of good communication with their fans and they are doing justice (for the most part) to original titles that may cross over into their game and simply the storyline in general. If Splash Damage wants to succeed, they need to really take the time and figure out why other games win and lose.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    I wish they went the universe/destiny approach of making you're own bot and stuff

15. Luke Stark

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I heard the customization might be similar to that of the WFC and FOC games

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    IMG_20240202_010226115~3.jpg

He's not bad, but don't expect him to be great, bumblebee is the superior toy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    TBH I actually like soundwave more. Of the four he’s the only one of mine that doesn’t have some slight fit and finish issues.

18. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't a fan of the axe that came with the figure, so I replaced it with a much better axe from the DNA Designs DK 43 Upgrade kit and the results are fantastic IMG_20240201_151443.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Just got my Optimus Prime and Soundwave 2 pack and I love them both. Obviously Optimus Prime is the better figure by a mile but Soundwave is still fantastic, he's just got a large back and is a bit too shelformer-y. Faar from the worst thing ever. I look forward tocnabbing Starscream and Bumblebee at some point. I really hope this game is good too and we get more figures. I would freakin' love a Wheeljack in this style!

20. comicstar100

comicstar100 Well-Known Member

Crazy to me we have figures up for pre-order based off the game and still hardly any info on it. No gameplay trailers, release window...nothing...