Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Yeah, its not ideal, but I would rather have them make a solid attempt at changing/fixing it to not a dying game model.

If they go with the dying game model, it's got a high chance of being doomed from the start. It will at least have a better chance being a hybrid or something different altogether.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    To be fair though, even if it's a model that's dying for a while lot of other games, it's not dying for the one they're cleaving to for influence. Warframe seems to be doing just fine.

3. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Well first, it's by far the best free to play in that regards and two already had a very dedicated fanbase that stuck around. The biggest issues is getting the new players nowadays to keep playing for whichever reason. Knowadays, it's 10x harder for a new game to get a player base, get it growing, and keeping engaged for one reason or another because they are tired of the practices.

I know I said this before, but the TF name, isn't strong enough alone to keep it afloat, it's needs to also be a good game without all that P2W/microtransaction nonsense as well because they have already proven people won't just accept a shit game because it came from a good brand.

4. K1NG GR1MLOCK

K1NG GR1MLOCK Lightning Strike Coalition Stan

I think it would be too late to back peddle on Reactivate being live service. Especially if they want to try and leverage the release of RotB. As crazy as it sounds I would love Reactivate to stay live service if done correctly. There's a core audience for this game and I 100% believe that as niche as it is it can stay profitable with its target audience. But I'm not in game development or business so I'm ignorant in the matter.

All indications lead to live service and to try and change it into a self contained game would damage the product in my opinion. Gotham Knights is a perfect example. If Reactivate were to switch to a traditional style game there should be an announcement of the game being delayed with a totally transparent reason as to why. This smoke and mirrors shit that the game industry is known for growing stale and people are starting to see throught the bullshit. Especially as the younger crowd grows and see's through the bullshit.

• Like Like x 5
  5. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

Once this game is out I hope we get a toyline for this (there was gonna be one but the game's delay meant it was scrapped).

It won't surprise me if the toys go to Studio Series in 2025. At least better than putting them in a two-pack which was gonna happen in the original toyline.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundlips

News Credits:
    I mean you're not wrong. If they were to back peddle it is kinda already too late unless they starting changing it when they changed studios, so a strong maybe in that situation. We can go back and forth all day about the pros and cons of live services but ultimately it won't really get that far until we hear and see more about the game honestly. They are dying and people aren't fond of it, so it would be interesting to see the fixes to it.

And God fucking damnit... I so hope the smoke and mirrors thing is not what's happening here. I REALLY hate to admit it, but yeah, there's a strong case to be made that they are purposely placing a smoke wall as long as possible to hide the less desirable aspects of the game. It is honestly kinda strange how vague they have been, but if they keep hiding stuff about the game in future announcements then yes, we should start heavily questioning some stuff and have some major concerns. And if not, then awesome.

But yeah, people have been burnt and fucked over too many times, I can guarantee 1000%, if people start smelling Anthem/Fallout 76/Cyberpunk levels of fishiness, support for this game will die hard. Being silent is not always a good thing, sometimes it's best to just show what you got, but if you only got half a game or similar issue, you got more problems than just worrying about being silent or not.

I mean look at the suicide squad game, they purposely hid the bad aspects of the game until as late as possible and the fans are turning hard on them. I don't want this to be another case of that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Same, was interested in that game but now I'm out (will just watch the story online). Do not like the Gotham Knight/Avengers look it has. Hopefully this isn't that.

8. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

Lore looks fascinating, but cool lore executed horribly is probably the single greatest flaw of Transformers as a franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

It just amazed me they took a group with the potential for many varied playstyles and made them all the same.

10. fartsniffer42

fartsniffer42 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, Ironhide/Ratchet's vehicle and robot modes would make for a pretty kickass Breakdown.

20230304_190812.jpg 20230304_190616.jpg 20230304_190855.jpg R (1).jpeg

And Hot Rod could be a good Knockout...

Picsart_23-03-04_19-21-30-052.jpg Picsart_23-03-04_19-19-55-910.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20230304-183924_Chrome.jpg

Leaked product description for the old Rise figures. 50/50 whether or not we are still getting a toyline for this but, my question still stands; are the Quints the main baddies controlling Legion? Yes, I know this info is most likely from around 2020-ish timeframe before it was handed over, so there is a good chance a good deal has changed. But from what we have seen so far, the Legion flyers definitely do have some accents akin to the Quints. So are the Quints really behind it, or will there be multiple big bads and the Quints are just one of them?

• Like Like x 3
  12. KOtron

KOtron Well-Known Member

me too. I love rocksteady games, but just the BS thats come out with the constant internet connection for a soley single player game and the fast past all over the place action game. I'm also out and will watch the story on youtube. Hopefully Reactivate doesn't pull anything like that

13. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20230322-192745_Twitter.jpg

Well I will be damned, Reactivate is indeed being made in Unreal 5

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Stupid question, that’s good right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Incredibly very.

This means the game will look better, probably run better and last much longer.

My only gripe/concern is that this will be one of their first launches in Unreal 5 and as having personally worked in Unreal 5, it's likes to have weird kinks to it which may cause problems development wise so there might be some weird bugs or design choices, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I figured it was great news but wanted to double check again. Happy to hear it will be Unreal Engine 5 (especially for the look of the characters graphics wise).
    Interesting, but yeah we shall see:

• Like Like x 1
  17. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really want a update on this man

• Like Like x 1
  18. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    It’ll come eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nune

nune neurospicy-flavored blitzwing fanatic (ey/em)

News Credits:
    in the Hasbro designers' basement. Hi, Mark!
    Instagram:
    Silently hoping that Pride and Accomplishment 2: Electric Boogaloo doesn't happen.

upload_2023-3-24_12-25-5.png

I'm not saying it will by any means, but I'm hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I doubt it, and EA did change it, for the better.

• Like Like x 1