Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    And I think it's safe to say they failed on that regard.

That trailer has caused more confusion than all the leaks.

And them being vague, isn't helping their case

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm not surprised people aren't talking about this. We don't have a gameplay trailer, we don't have more than a few vague details of general game ideas, we don't have a date.

All we have is a cinematic showing some human characters, Ratchet & Ironhide's vehicle modes, and Bumblebee's hands. There is nothing to discuss other than leaks which are years old and presumably have very little to do with whatever the game is now.

Until we have a release date and a gameplay trailer there isn't really going to be anything to discuss.

• Like Like x 7
  3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Agreed, there isn’t really anything to be discussed until we hear more about the game, a release date and especially a new trailer that will show more than the announcement trailer.

4. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    IMG_0705.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. Soundlips

News Credits:
    tweet.png

New tweet from Splash Damage. We've been pretty thorough, so I would say for the most part yeah, but with that said, anyone find anything new not already listed here somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    This is just a marketing post to encourage more people to watch the trailer to get more traction. They are not actively monitering multiple sites to see what people have discovered.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Soundlips

News Credits:
    I know that, but as an easter egg hunter/die hard myself, I always got to ask. Especially because of stuff like the Halo 3 easter egg that wasn't found for like 7 years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

So Splash Damage is acquired by Tencent? OMG.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yes, although this news is quite a bit old now, but someback story for you newbies

tencent.png

A few years back, Tencent was in deep water because of the harsh gaming laws in China and was desperately trying to get as many non-Chinese based studios as possible, so they bought numerous companies like Certain Affinity and Splash Damage. The reason why this may have gone unnoticed was because Tencent did A LOT of shady stuff like buying studios and rights to major IP's to make fake games for it to boost their stock value, the biggest was their "LoTR" game. If you are curious to read more, just look up Tencents past shady doings, as they have a lot from around that timeframe

Also a VERY BIG reason why early on, not a lot of people had faith that Rise (Now Reactivate) was even a thing because they had the rights to two very big IP's and they faked making a game for each, so it was heavily thought and considered, Rise might have been another one of those. They had to switch publishers because of this.

Thankfully, that is not the case now, and Reactivate is still coming, hopefully sooner than we think!

• Like Like x 2
  10. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

Thank for filling the info. But if CA and SD are all owned by Tencent (which has failed in the game "Transformers Online" already), will it be another wallet-switching act? Well, as long as SD has its independence of making the game, I'm keeping my expectations level.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    At the moment, no, like I said, Hasbro was forced to switched publishers, and even made their own internal game studio as well, probably so they don't have to deal with all this bullshit in the future. Tencent is no longer the publisher, meaning they will get a cut from whatever they get from owning Splash Damage and Certain Affinity, but they no longer have any control in saying what happens to this game.

Because of Tencent and other reasons, Hasbro had to change main developers, change Publishers, and create their own internal game studio on top of a truck load of behind the scene problems we don't know about. There's been a massive drama shitstorm and I am honestly surprised the game made it this far, but happy nonetheless.

We will have to wait and see if the quality of the game was truly hurt by this or not.

12. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to Callisto protocol my hype for a lot of games have disappeared, but I'm still hopeful this is good and not so predatory with the micro transaction. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they don't put characters in a limited battle pass like overwatch. I personally would much rather buy dlc characters packs or story dlc packs with characters like dead by daylight( honestly best example i can think of. I don't play many online games) and just buy cosmetics for characters.

13. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

If this game is anything like Overwatch 2 it'd be awful

14. K1NG GR1MLOCK

K1NG GR1MLOCK Lightning Strike Coalition Stan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Soundlips

News Credits:
    At the moment, it is unknown. It is supposed to be F2P and we have already seen multiple screenshots of some kind of store/marketplaces there is some possibility it could happen. I don't want it to happen, but in this age of I gaming, I can't fully say it won't happen sadly. We will just have to wait and see on that one.

But the shitty part is that we won't know till literally the game releases because companies like to hide this till the game releases to keep it on the downlow as much as possible.

16. K1NG GR1MLOCK

It's up to the leakers to blow the whistle. The new Suicide Squad game had a leak. If a studio like Rocksteady can bend the knee there's no reason not to assume that Reactivate will more than likely suffer the same fate. Hopefully there's enough pushback to stop this train wreck from happening (Suicide Squad) but I doubt it. Kill the Justice League went from my most anticipated game of 2023 to apathetically curious at best.

Editing to add:

The time stamp at the top right shows it's a current build. There's several showing a battlepass and store. Take not of the "Looks" tab. There will be skins as well. There's also a high chance of lootboxes due to the customizations and RPG mechanics. Take a look at the weapons. King Shark looks like he has a nail gun purchased at a black market Home Depot and Captain Boomertand has not boomerangs. I could go on but given what we've seen leaked from Reactivate I'm a little worried.

[​IMG]

17. Soundlips

News Credits:
    screenshots 4.jpg

Funny enough, Rise had a similar menu design, so it's definitely not out of the possibility. I guess we will have to wait to see more gameplay to see if Reactivate will have it or not.

I fucking pray to god they don't have a fucking battlepass as no new feature in gaming has pissed me off more that the implementation of that. Ah yes, can't wait to spend $20-$30 on something thats is 90%-95% fluff, junk, and filler content to get the one or two things I want.

The only saving grace this game has is that it is help made by some of the Warframe devs and most likely going to have something similiar to Warframe's store, which to be fair, is by far the best and only tolerable storefront in a F2P, as you can literally get everything you want without spending lots of money or endless grinding. But with that said, anyone who has played Warframe knows when you first start out is ass. So ass, that I quit playing the game 5 separate times over the years till I finally got over the newbie hurtle, and was high enough leveled with stuff that the game finally got really fun. I hope they have learned from their mistakes and correct that hurdle.

18. K1NG GR1MLOCK

This doesn't look like real money currency. Looks more like in game resources, which I'm fine with. Even if it is a grind-fest. I prefer a grindy game than a game that's grindy but allows me to bypass the grind with cash. If anything I almost prefer a grind-fest that allows players to show off their dedication.

Something along the lines of old school MMOs. An example that can apply to Reactivate would be if you play as Grimlock and get "x" amount of PvP kills. The amount of kills can be some extreme number that would take months or up to a year but you unlock a crown cosmetic resulting in King Grimlock. It would give the players something so go after. Again like old school MMOs if a new player were to see a veteran Grimlock player with the crown it would motivate them to grind for that crown. If the crown could be purchased in store it would automatically kill any player engagement.

You know what... bring on the grind. I'm ready to no life it and just play!

19. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Correct, it would be one normal and one premium currency like Warframe.

And god, how do I miss those days. I remember when someone had an elite skin, it was because they were a very skilled and dedicated player, not because they bought it. I wish they would go back to that, where the only way to get certain skins was to actually play the game and be good at it.

Like I said earlier, this game is most likely going to be heavily based off of Warframe, so it will hopefully be more grindy and less microtransactiony.

20. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Some more rumors from the rumor mills to debunk

rumor.png

So it is now claimed that Reactivate will run on Unreal 5, but no further explanation has been really given. The only claim given was that on Bulkheads website it was changed from Unreal 4 to N/A. Another claim is that they are entirely skipping the last gen consoles.

bulkhead dev.png

Right now, I think the claims are bogus, as if true, it was just changed in the last month, so I highly doubt it's even a thing. Not to mention every other leak, resume, job posting you name it, specifically calls for experience in Unreal 4 with very few for Unreal 5, if any. Not to mention, the first production ready of Unreal 5 only came out on April 2022 and I would like to add, that 5.0 is notorious for being incredibly buggy, unstable, and having kinks. And seeing how Unreal 5.1 came out in Nov 2022, I don't see this a possibility. As someone who has worked in Unreal 5.1, it is much more stable and the choice of versions if you were to ship a major product, and with that said, unless they planned the entire time to ship on Unreal 5, they would have been more job postings looking for people who can work on it. Not to mention the pain in the ass fixing all the bugs that occur when transferring stuff over, especially regarding animations and whatnot.

Plus, why would they skip entirely last gen, as still a good number of people don't have a next gen console. Sony is just now barely starting to consider skipping last gen now, so a development that started quite awhile ago, is well out of the loop for that. Seeing how little info there actually is to back these claims and with no official word by the devs, and knowing the entire pain in the ass it would be to fix/transfer the game in an already troubled development, I just don't think it's gonna happen. The timeframe doesn't add up, they need more time, 5.0 is much more unstable and buggier than 5.1 and it just goes against everything we have heard so far.

I am pretty sure I covered this somewhere, but it is popping up in my feeds again, so I thought I would address it again.

• Like Like x 1