Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If they follow the model of Warframe as a f2p game with microtransactions, it might not be that bad. Warframe's microtransactions have always seemed pretty generous, and they come off much different in a pve game, compared to a PvP.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I’d say because of G1 characters they are upper tier in terms of beloved characters. It makes sense to me.

3. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Here's some old renders of weapons

w 1.jpg

w 2.jpg

w 3.jpg

w 4.jpg

w 5.jpg

grav ham.jpg

Seeing how these are from Impact, and not even Rise, there is a very high chance these probably aren't even in the game anymore, but here they are to kinda give a taste on what the weapons may kinda look like.

The fuck? They were gonna add a Grav Ham?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not. This is the same situation of MJ and Miles Morales in the Spider Man game, and I hated playing as them

But the Shock Carbine appeared on Starscream's and Bumblebee's hand on that game images. So it means those 2019 images are from Impact? The game that had Beastformers on it, from those slides!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    If both humans and bots are playable it definitely should be be like how the Titans and pilots are playable in Titanfall.

6. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yeah, every single image leaked so far has been from Certain Affinity's build of the game. No actual leaks have come from Splash Damage besides the official reveal, screenshots, and Easter Eggs.

It took awhile to confirm it since the video got taken down immediately.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a big dick wagging contest, sounds like. To quote Bob Seger,

“Five minutes and I’d be late for the door.”

• Like Like x 1
  8. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something that worries me is if this game will be able to sustain itself. It's a 3A game, it's expensive to be made, and it'll be free, relying only on marketplace to survive. And it's like a friend told me, this type of game is dangerous, WarFrame at its high had 50k players (he said), while other types of games had 400K. We don't even know if it'll beat WF

9. Soundlips

News Credits:
    That is an understatement. I really do hate what fucking social media has done to these newer generations because they think cause theyre an "influencer" they can be treated like a celebrity. It's fucking aggrevating man.

Yeah, once again I will reiterate for the third time, the F2P model doesn't work. Warframe is the exception, not the example. As a veteran player of Warframe, I remember specifically a few times they were panicking like crazy because all the veteran players bought and got everything they wanted and they were struggling to find new people to do it. Luckily, Warframe has had a dedicated fan base to keep it alive, but like you said, the numbers are nothing compared to say like Cod.

It only averages around 30k-40k players depending on the update with an all time peak of around 180k, so it definitely is a niche game. The problems really start when you realize a vast majority of that number are veterans who bought most of the stuff they already need or have a huge stockpile of Plat ready to go when something new drops.

The F2P model only works when there are new players who want to buy it and keeping people interested. If this game launches between say like the next Cod and a massive hit like Armored Core 6 or Starfield, expect it to be dead on arrival Iike Titanfall 2, which sucks because that was one damn good game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Closer to 60k, and thats concurrent players, not total (I saw one source saying their all time peak was 120k). Fortnite has had 8 million. That being said, Warframe's kept itself going for 9 years with regular constant updates and an online environment I've never felt was empty. Warframe also had a really slow start, it built itself up over a while into what it is now, something I don't think this game will need to do (or be able to do, frankly).

I think the Transformers IP (and being FTP) will draw in a bunch of attention, but it could be a double-edged sword in terms of this game needing to return on investment faster/more strongly (in order to pay off the licensing costs and long dev time), and could also hamstring expansions/growth. We'll have to wait and see, but I am a big proponent of the Warframe model, and I think it's one that's respectful of its players, and also earns their commitment, over a long term.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think the Transformers name attached to it might do it more harm. People are still not fond of Transformers due to Michael Bay. If it was a unique world set in a new IP, it might bring more to curiosity, but after seeing many reactions from gamers and the general audience as a whole, most didn't even know it was Transformers till the end. They were genuinely more confused it was a TF game then when it wasn't.

The target audience is no doubt going to be niche, and since it's not a battle Royale or whatever stupid trend is trending, it may go under the radar for awhile. But that is also a double edge sword because all it takes is a few really big streamers or YouTubers to support this and have their hordes of fans back it.

Just because a game is popular, doesn't mean its good. There are a lot of games that have come out that were not good games, but massively popular.

At the end, what will really make or break this game is if the new movies, toys, whatever bring back the general audience's interest in Transformers. If it ends up just being an average game with nothing special about it. I don't know if there is enough there with the Transformers name to save it, as people lose interest very fast nowadays and bitch about every little thing and will move onto the next trend.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Starscreamsgal

Starscreamsgal Well-Known Member

I'm just excited that they're including Ironhide and Sunstreaker.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but if I recall correctly, the last time Ironhide actually appeared in anything was Transformers Animated (as a secondary character), while Sunstreaker's last appearence was in what? G1?

13. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Just realized the villains for Reactivate are called The Legion. The villains for Kiss Players were also called The Legion.

pleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidencepleasebeacoincidence

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yeah, Ironhide got sidelined for Bulkhead, so it's been a hot minute for him. And yeah, Sunstreaker has really gone under the radar in the mainline stuff for a good while.

15. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Wow, so got bored and had a thought, and so I did so snooping around, and damn, this game is going heavily under people's radar.

So I was curious and went to see upcoming games list for 2023 and beyond, and I checked out about a dozen or so lists from all the big names, like IGN, PCGamer, Polgygon, ect. and only one actually mentioned Reactivate.

I don't know if they know something we don't that this game is for sure not coming in 2023 or if the interest really isn't there, but the lack of it even being mentioned definitely is saying something.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    If I where to guess it probably interest. Which will grow when we get another trailer cinematic or not that actually full on shows the TF's and probably Optimus, Bee and or Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Soundlips

News Credits:
    I am hoping you are right, but like I said in previous post, the success of this game highly depends on the movies, TV shows, toys, and whatnot bring back interest in the Transformers back to the general audience because I don't think the name alone is strong enough to hold the game up if it's just an average game as most people will probably just move on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

I actually agree, I would be totally OK with a first-person perspective. There are lots of opportunities to show off and view your Transformer. Destiny does it well....social hubs are 3rd person, the rest is first. I'd be fine with that.

All that said, I think everything thus far indicates, overwhelmingly, that this game is 3rd person. I'm cool with that too, particularly because it harms PvP, and anything that reduces the number of 12 year old boys screaming obscenities at me, I support.

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Im so sick of this plot setup. It's xenophobic, racist toward TFs, and egocentric. Megatron never had an interest in killing and subjugating humanity - he wanted Earth for its resources.

Depicting a Skyline world, where it's unsafe for humans to be outside is... the wrong franchise.

I get it's "edgy" or "cool", but Im immediately turned off by it. Michael Bay already went there, and some folk are pretty sick of it.

Include humans in the story, but don't make them more important than the subject matter or you destroy the spirit of TFs. Every "cool" director wants TFs to be menacing, deadly aliens intent on killing YOU, when the reality is that most Decepticons would not even notice you.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

• Like Like x 11