Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Bee here looks slightly better proportioned than the older version. Also like that they've given Screamer his shoulder-vent-things, albeit attached to his wings. If Hasbro does release those toys, I hope they're more accurate to this version of the character models.

That might be my single favourite Transformers quote, right there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the machine guns on Starscream's pulse do nothing? They'll just hold weapons with their hands normally? Nothing of built in canons?

3. DarkAxalonSyde

You mean the guns on his forearms? I'm guessing they'll be used for his abilitie, as he has two abilities named after his Null Rays. It honestly makes sense, if you want regular guns usable for different characters, especially since G1 Starscream's Null Rays were meant to have the ability to disable electronics with a single blast, which would work well as a special ability.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Angry fan

News Credits:
    But in the Cybertron games we had this with built in weapons, the difference is that instead of the bots holding the weapons, their arms turned into it

5. DarkAxalonSyde

I think the idea might be to keep each character's iconic gun(s) exclusive to them. I mean, it was weird in the Cybertron games having different people use Megatron's canon and it honestly never quite felt right seeing a G1 style Starscream with only one Null Ray, that came out of his hand instead of sitting on his arm.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Angry fan

News Credits:
    I know, but I was referring to generic weapons like the machine gun Starscream and Bumblebee are holding, I liked it more when it was part of their arm. Like, keep it the way it is, the iconic weapons exclusive for the characters, but the generic weapon would be built in instead of being held by them

And Starscream's design is different again. I wonder if it's just game customization or if they are changing little details so frequently in production
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1671637081373.jpg

7. Angry fan

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Yes, its fucking awesome we finally got to see actually in game screenshots, but I need to point out this is from the Certain Affinity build, i.e. circa 2019-2020-ish and a good number of things have changed since then.

The only issue I have is that this will not be what the final game will actually look like, so people don't overly judge it too harshly yet, as it is the basis for the Splash Damage build, but not the final product. Like with everything, take it with a grain a salt. It's a damn good idea what it will look like. With that said, yes there are some issues to point out, but the problem is, they may have been fixed a long time ago after the switch of main dev teams, so it's hard to call a bunch of shots, besides maybe basic features that may be in the game still.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Angry fan

News Credits:
    To be fair I like everything I see here

• Like Like x 1
  10. Soundlips

News Credits:
    From ALL the screenshots I have seen since yesterday, I am getting more excited for this game; however, more concerns are popping up for me.

So far,
    The Good: The game looks to mirror Warframe and Warframe mechanics a ton, which I think is a good thing. Gameplay is 3rd person, no shocker there. Looks to be a fairly standard mmo, level up characters, unlock abilities, customize, collect resources and get more powerful. Up to 6 players is new, typically Warframe is 4, with only special events like Scarlet Spear had more than 4 people. I am curious about the classes, as I think they have changed them since then to whether it will be more simplistic like Offense or Defense, or go into the usual four classes Tank, DPS, Healer, Support, or go more the Warframe route, where each Frame was unique in the ways each one interacts with each other and didn't necessarily have a class. I am more interested in the last one, as my favorite frame was a Support, Tank, and Stealth frame, and when they added the Helmith ability transfer, was also DPS. So I am VERY curious to see exactly what aspects of Warframe they will/won't take.

The Bad: Microtransactions.

They are in the game, I am almost certain and I am HEAVILY concerned/worried/you name it about it. The biggest reason is because it's not the devs choice on this matter, it's always the fucking greedy suits in charge who want to squeze every fucking last cent out of the consumer in literally every way imaginable. In a time when microtransactions and scummy practices are rampant, I am beyond worried, because 9/10 times, the devs either don't want them at all or have them be a lot more reasonable.

Customization: So far, this seems to mirror the WFC model a bit more with the hero concept, so with that said, I think appearance-wise, customization might be lacking. The issue with heroes is that you can only really change the overall base look and not really fine tune and get the real nitty gritty on making the character look the way you want. Since the characters seem to be more mainline bots and not more generics, I don't know if customization will be overly satisfying. If they add more generics, then I imagine customization will be awesome, if they don't, I genuinely don't know.

11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Saddest part of it it being online is unlike the WFC games, once it goes offline eventuality, it will never be playable again.

And unlike EA who has enough money to keep retired game servers running for like a decade, even for anthem, this one wouldn’t be kept on life support for ages. Single players games that allow for co-op are always preferred for me over fully online games.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Angry fan

News Credits:
    I believe customization will be something like Injustice 2, in the sense of having tons of different parts of suit for each character. Like, you can't equip Starscream's pieces, skins on Litpstream, you have specific ones for Starscream. In the wfc game you could just mix part of any robot and create your own. Here, we'll have to remain with the traits of the characters

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soundlips

News Credits:
    True, it could be like Mortal Combat where you get to change every little part, while still keeping the sense of the same character or it could be like Overwatch where you just change the overall skin. I guess time will tell. I hope for the first, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Angry fan

News Credits:
    Also do we know if the game is paid or free? If it's free like Apex or War Frame then the Marketplace will be huge boi

• Like Like x 2
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    All leaks and initial announcements have been saying it’s free to play. So expect a lot of stuff and for it to be very difficult to get any customization without paying $$

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hard to see but looks like Starscream’s jet mode has a lengthened fuselage and added canards and more stabilizers. In some way it’s like a more conventional approach to Legacy Starscream’s jet mode. Definitely has potential as a toy. I like the new design more than the initial renders we saw not too long ago.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Still to be determined, last word which was awhile ago, was that it was F2P. I am praying it's not, but seeing its multi-player only, I am going with yes.

Bit-of-perspective-for-ya.jpg

Another thing I will bring up. I want them to add DLC, not fucking microtransactions. DLC is actual quality content while microtransactions is $30 for the fucking color blue.

I got some bad news for you, this is the old design and dates around 2019 or so and has changed since then. So take it with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Angry fan

News Credits:
    This is a thing that got my eye on Marvel's Avengers. A skin there was like 25$ I guess (my currency is not $), and shit on Batman Arkham and Spider Man 25$ was a fuckin pack full of skins with DLC. We just had to buy the definitive edition and then we didn't have to spend a cent in the game. Now if you want to have all the good stuff and good skins we'll have to spend the value of PS5 in this game

Also, I can already see BUMBLEBEE MOVIE OPTIMUS PRIME skin for 25$

• Like Like x 2
  19. Soundlips

News Credits:
    $25? Bullshit, you gotta get on Valorant levels of monetizing

upload_2022-12-21_13-13-49.jpeg

$85 for a skin pack, and they have multiple of these. Not to forget the $50 dollar packs, and the $20 dollar packs, and the $5 packs...

This is why I have very little faith left in humanity and the completely fucked up part is that people are somehow supporting and ok with this type of shit. This is why the F2P model doesn't work. Because it is F2P, people think its ok to do shit like this "cause it's free." Nah, I would straight up rather pay full price for a completed game, and continually for good DLC and extra content, then play a free game monetized and paywalled out the ass.

Sorry, but not Sorry to Splash Damage and Bulkhead or the suits in charge, if they decide to throw in a microtransaction system as predatory as this in Reactivate, I will straight up boycott the game because it is a Franchise I truly love and I will not stand to see it be done so dirty like that.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Angry fan

News Credits:
    Not ironically this is one of best reasons to lose faith in humanity lol

• Like Like x 3