Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    As much as I love what I am seeing so far, my general beef with gaming in general is the idea of heroes. I have never been fond of the system, nor really ever liked the system because it locks you into a certain character with certain abilities and weapons. With that said, there is very little flexibility or customization for what playstyle you want and if its any type of semi remotely competitive or not, people only use the best characters and ignore the crappy ones. That's another thing I hate with the hero system, there are always OP and shitty heroes no matter what, while a game like the old Halo and Cods, relied on pure skill and not who was playing the best hero. I liked it better when the playing ground truly was equal. I know this applies more to competitive games, but hell, look at Warframe, it's the same, you tend to ignore the weaker frames and go with either your favorite or most powerful frame.

• Like Like x 6
  2. MahewwwTransformers

MahewwwTransformers Active Member

I love Ironhide, and Sunstreaker\'s design here, it\'s so G1 but rough, and spiky, Ironhide in particullar he looks girthy and really rugged, fits him. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

It works in some things, when it's really well designed. Apex Legends is probably my favorite example - the classes are different enough and their abilities can be used with other characters to do some really interesting things. I never liked Overwatch because it's just too arcadey for me, but I know people are fond of the character class system in that too.

But....now everyone is doing it and it's not always a step forward. It seriously screwed up the gameplay when they brought the concept into battlefield 2042, for example. I dunno. I'm not convinced it's a great idea except when executed perfectly. I'd rather tune my own character.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this game has a good launch and actually continues support( and not do whatever gotham knights is doing) I'm interested in seeing other characters they could add. Not to get into a personal wish list, but I'm personally rooting for beast wars as well as other factions/characters. That is of course if this game even does good enough to have a long support.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's kind of confusing me right now is how far along the game was when the leaked cutscenes were made. I am probably obsessing over minutiae but Soundwave's design in it looks different from the 2018 version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Looks awesome and I love the character designs! Hopefully it's representative of the final product despite this probably being from early development. I have very high hopes for this game, hopefully it can deliver.

7. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's my other issue. They treat the hero system like Battle Royales and think since its new (or Newer) all people must love it and only want that. No, I really don't. I want unique games with unique premises and mechanics, not 50 fucking copy-pasted shitty battle royales riddled with microtransactions.

This has been a issue for quite some time in most bigger AAA studios is that they are going more corporate, and just following trends to make money, instead of just making some really damn good games, that also happened to make money. The focus shifted and I pray we are finally getting to the point of enough is enough, and the right people are getting back in charge and we can get back away from the shady/scummy practices hopefully.

[​IMG]

Don't support anything DC is currently doing at the moment really

And I am praying this game doesn't add to the list of trainwrecks like No Man's Sky (Launch), Fallout 76, Marvels Avengers, Anthem, Babylon's Fall, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077, Saint's Row reboot, and too many fucking more.

That's the benefit of MMO type games is that they typically get a longer support cycle than say just Cod for a year and done. Look at Warframe, still going somehow.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Well, we are getting info from three different sources and timeframes, so yeah, it's gonna be a little different each time. That character roster is from 2018, the cutscenes around 2020, and who nows what the final design will be in 2023/beyond.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotham Knights isn't bad I just wish they'd add some new damn characters and story.

And I'm really hoping that it releases stable and is actually fun to play, while I, personally, am not to optimistic about it, I am really hoping to be proven long. As I really love the designs and tone so far, I would love to see this game get support such as warframe, especially if they add some more of my favorites and branching into non g1 characters like demolisher or lockdown.

10. MisterGiullare

MisterGiullare 86 Rumble is the best figure don’t @ me

I\'m calling it. Overwatch with a TF skin

11. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well then you should ALSO lay off the Energon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Go play Titanfall 2

Y'know, I agree. I love the idea of asthetic customization, think halo infinite, or class customization, think Destiny 2, but with heroes and such like overwatch, it just doesn't work. Every single hero has to have their own quirk. Some of the work really well, like bastion and DVA, but some of them just end up falling short. I really hope this game is not going with a hero based system. even though I do enjoy overwatch, it means that some characters would be less fun to play, which would suck because chances are they'd be beloved characters like Ironhide or sideswipe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

This Slipstream design…..
    It’s delicious.

It nurtures me…..

Also very fond of Starscream, though, I’m unsure why he seems to be missing his shoulder-intakes…..

That Soundwave, however….

Why does he look so…. Busy? Like. Somehow, relative to the designs around him, busier and more cluttered than an actual Bayformer….?

14. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

Soundwave's design looks to be inspired by his WFC/FOC design but tbh I just don't like the general look of these designs, really. Some of the proportions in these designs look wonky (lookin' at you, Sunstreaker). Also, is it just me or do the vehicle modes look better than the robot modes? Hopefully they look better proportioned in the final product.

15. Explosion_Rex

Explosion_Rex Well-Known Member

Lol! Hot Rod. Of course he\'s most known for his defense... Yeah.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Nah, that would make no sense at all given what we know about the game. Overwatch is a team deathmatch game, while TF:R has a horde-style threat. They're clearly not going to be the same genre.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Breadn

Breadn Member

sunstreaker looks like he\'s gonna tear my face off

18. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Rod? Defensive? Dude literally wanted to get play of the game and ended up throwing.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Like them. How the Bayverse designs shoulda been, basically.

Modernised for today's era, but not so far you can't recognise fave characters.

Sunstreaker's probably my fave - face reminds me of how intense the Autobots looked in the old Geoff Senior comic art for Crisis of Command ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  20. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Hiatus from 3D print design. Need bigger monitor.

Hey, they remembered female Transformers exist and used more than one at a time.

• Like Like x 6