Transformers: Reactivate (AKA Rise) Officially Revealed At Game Awards

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundlips, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Will this game be good after all of its troubled development

1. Yes, it will

91 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, it won't

76 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Maybe, but I've been burned to many times, so I will wait and see

243 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Ah, so they did announce it and it's neither called Rise or tied into ROTB. Anyway, awfully generic looking. Really should've shown something other than a first person perspective. One would hope it's not a FPS, as there's no fun playing as something iconic if you can't see that you're doing it. Not that it really matters, when it's a piece of freemium shit I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Always hated this type of simplistic, repetitive, online game and that's without getting into the microtransactions. Plus, the idea that (from the sound of the leaks) you could have a team of people all playing as the same character, in a game that's trying to take itself way too seriously, is exactly the kind of poorly-thought-out crap I'd expect.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Ratchet, Ironhide, Slipstream, Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave. And for models we have Megatron, Bee, Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see the issue with the human focus in the trailer. It worked as a neat way to reveal the game, making it clear that it's a transformers game only in the end when the robot stands up and is taller than everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

[​IMG]

5. Barbarossa Prime

Barbarossa Prime Red Beard; Silver Linings TFW2005 Supporter

6. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 tfsomegaguy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    this game is rise just renamed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I’m sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

I know.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Why not use these designs instead? Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Yeah, it does look like that right from the beginning.

Until the end of the trailer reveals the camera was the POV of a Transformer.

Because the Bayverse is over and Transformers is reinventing itself, like it cyclically always has.

• Like Like x 8
  11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it's a Transformers game, not a Bayformers game

• Like Like x 11
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Perhaps its a bit too early to say (there's probably some flashback stuff going on) but I'm wondering why the Decepticon characters we've seen look noticeably less roughed up, besides Slipstream I guess. Maybe we just need to see more characters to get more of an idea. :lol 

Perhaps the important ones have 'pre-defeat' bodies and then ones that are much more rough and damaged.

13. fartsniffer42

fartsniffer42 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Conspiracy time! I think the enemies are Quintesson influenced techno-organic Cybertronians. All over the place are tentacles and egg sac things, which point to organic, right? But in ROTF it's shown that Cybertronians could be born from egg sac things, so we can't rule that out.

View attachment 29742693 View attachment 29742694

In the trailer, they show a big, FO76 Grafton Monster looking thing. You can't make much out in the trailer, but thanks to the stills, we can see it looks to be made of wires and tubes, but covered in skin.

View attachment 29742701

Now, why would I say Quintesson? Partially the way the ship lands, partially because of the design of the other enemies. The Quintesson are the only species in TF lore that comes to mind that lands their ships by crashing vertically. The "Legion" in the trailer do the same.

View attachment 29742710 View attachment 29742708

From the Instagram, we see these flying things with tentacles where their legs would be.

View attachment 29742714

And from the website, we get a better look at something different. It has a shark head, but with Quintesson Judge like tentacles.

View attachment 29742715

So, how does it fit together? I think that the reason the Transformers left Cybertron was because of the energy crisis, but in their absence, the Quintesson had time to return and experiment on any stragglers, turning them into these techno-organic things. Finding out that their were more Cybertronians out their, they went to Earth with their new army.

Or there's a simpler answer considering that a tentacle monster faction called "The Legion" crashed on Earth and is attacking a city.

View attachment 29742717

• Like Like x 1
  14. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

Honestly the trailer gives me low expectations, gameplay will be the deciding factor in the end but so far not really excited from what they're showing

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

I watched a YT video about someone talking about the leaks and mentioned the idea of them going the route of releasing figures that came with codes that would either unlock that character or give you pieces of that character to customize your character. I never liked Skylanders or Disney Infinity, but with a toyline I already collect, why not?

Though when it comes to customizing, if we do make our own character, I don't know how I feel about it just being a mishmash of classic transformers parts like FOC. I want to be my own dude, not MegaBumbleScream Prime

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

If you look at the scene where there's three cars driving towards the spire thing in that first person perspective, if you look at the vehicle on the right you can see the heartbeat sign on it which means that's Rachet.

17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Finally a confirmation and reveal! It's an interesting trailer, not sure how to feel about it but I'm optimistic. It seems to confirm a lot of the leaks too which based on what we've heard and seen from those, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Wheeljack will be playable in it.

18. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Don't you complain about the Bumblebee movie and Rise of the Beasts using G1 designs cause they're old and now you want them to make a game using designs froma 15 year old movie? Pick a lane.

• Like Like x 14
  19. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    I dunno, maybe, just throwing it out there, because this ISN’T a bayverse game? Who would’ve thunk it?

• Like Like x 3
  20. LordMegatron2007

LordMegatron2007 #1 Decepticon Human Collaborator

We don't even have gameplay yet and you guys are already bitching and complaining about it. At least be fucking grateful your beloved franchise is finally getting a good game after 10 years and when Microsoft buys Activision they'll put your favorite transformers games on game pass or remaster them, so you can play them in 4K Ultra HD and relive that experience again. But I guess the FTC fucking hates having Call of Duty on an Xbox and will threaten a Trillion dollar company. No wonder no one saw my post for an idea for a transformers FPS, because apparently no one fucking wants one. How dumb of me to assume this fandom wouldn't be filled with drama. Because this is the only fandom that actually has messageboards (I'm not using Reddit because I actually care about my social status). If you guys wanted a League of Lengends/Genshin Impact (I fucking hate those games because only fat neckbeard discord mods play those games) type of game then go play those games. I spent 10 years waiting for a new transformers game that was on par with Fall of Cybertron, so when I actually get it people are bitching and complaining that it looks generic or the CGI for ROTB fucking sucks (even though the movie is 6 months away). God I can't tolerate this fandom anymore. I'm gonna take a break from TFW for awhile.

• Like Like x 1