Transformers Reaction Force (TRF) may be a global government branch.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nick Leon, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Nick Leon

Nick Leon Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So I have been thinking this for a while about TRF after seeing pics and vids from the set of Transformers the Last Knight.

We first recognized TRF out in Arizona the moment production kicked off this past summer and we saw them at the Packard Plant when production moved on to Detroit.

The soldiers,of course, were Special Ops, but not only that...there were also two FBI agents with TRF when Michael Bay posted the photo of the Packard Plant battle during the Fourth of July.

Also at the time of the Packard Plant production, the Transformers snapchat posted a photo captioned "TRF" and there was a sign with the emblem of the U.S Department of Homeland Security that said "No Trespassing Beyond This Point. Lethal Force Will Be Used. Vehicles and Persons are Subject to Search".

Now when we got to the production in London, we saw those Lexuses that had the TRF emblem on them and along came the London Police. All those agents that came running out of them on the first day of set in London looked like MI6 agents to me.

So what I'm trying to say here is that TRF must be a global branch, alike to KSI in TF4.

Special Ops/FBI/Homeland Security work together as TRF in the U.S. and MI6/London Police work together as TRF in the UK.

What are you thoughts on that, folks? Let me know!

2. DeletedUser_106023

DeletedUser_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree entirely. TRF and the world probably hate the TFs at this point, cause the same "report alien activity" signs from TF4 were seen at the Packard Plant during TF5 filming. I also noticr that during Stonehenge filming Lennox and co were in military gear not TRF gear. They probably leave TRF after hearing that they're bad.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the US has agreed to fight the TFs since NEST was disbanded. And the UN has enforced TRF as well.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

...so basically NEST 2.0.?

Really kind of underscoring the uselessness of removing a bunch of stuff between DOTM and AoE if all they're going to do is bring it right back doesn't it? :lol 

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

I don't know. I am far from convinced TRF is NEST 2.0. I seriously doubt they play the same role as NEST in this particular film.

5. Autobot Burnout

NEST pretty much was 'go out and hunt Decepticons' so I have to disagree there.

6. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Do we know for sure they are hunting Decepticons though? TRF could be an expanded Cemetery Wind that opposes both factions and perhaps other Transformers, or they could even be secretly allied with some Decepticons for all we know.

NEST was allied with the Autobots. There's no indication TRF is. Filming footage I have seen suggests the opposite to me.

We don't know enough about them to call TRF "NEST 2.0."

Keep in mind I'm not saying there won't be similarities, but I don't think they will play the same role by any stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Then a psuedo-public Sector 7. But they were driving in formation with a few of the Bots and the only known sighting of both the VW and the bike (to my knowledge - I may have forgotten a sighting elsewhere) so I'm not inclined to believe it's more of the Mercenary outfit (seriously, Cemetery Wind sounds like a merc group from a Metal Gear game) from the last film.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Fair enough - same reason we don't know enough about Onslaught to make any assumptions, so I can respect that argument.

I wouldn't mind if they actually were more S7 than anything. At least S7 had some cool shit like the Hoover Dam base and the light buggies that gave us one of the greatest TF deluxes of all time. CW was like the first time we see S7 with the Black SUV's, except for an entire film and no Simmons to keep me entertained.