Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Curious to how is Raiden a brick. He's my second high end combiner (after GSC's DX Dynazenon) and Raiden is fine?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I'm sorry you use American import sites to gauge pricing. this is a $550-700 set if you buy from japan...

don't worry, It'll be fine! takara has very little interest in international opinions on a product line they market almost exclusively in japan.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Ah, I can see why you'd feel that way then. Dynazenon is noticeably limited, articulation wise, as well, for modern combiners this size.

However, I still feel Raiden is, as you say, fine for his size, density, and construction. Definitely not a "brick".

• Like Like x 2
  4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I still haven't gotten around to watching it but the vintage toys are licensed or at least based on the real deals? The MPG ones are certainly licensed training modes, and that really excited me as a big alt mode enthusiast.

5. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

Both are not fun to mess around with at all. Suiken is hampered by the gigantic backpack that makes him hard to pose and Yukikaze by his legs made out of panels which will disengage when handled.

Yukikaze at least is made out of the whole train without the need of being a partsformer. He also has no visible combiner parts in robot mode while Suiken has the hand of Raiden on his back.

Yukikaze is a bit easier to transform but is very nerve-wracking because the leverage of the panels can stress the transformation joints.
    I greatly dislike the transformation on Suiken because there is no good indication on how to rotate the arms and I always have to consult a video (the instructions aren’t of any use).

So they are both terrible Transformers when it comes to handling them. If you put a gun to my head I would go with Yukikaze since he turns into a cool Shinkansen train, is not a partsformer with no visible combiner parts and is slightly easier to transform.

However, I would recommend spending the money elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ATFan

ATFan Well-Known Member

I take issue with a lot of this, especially since I have a high opinion of Suiken as a figure.
    The hand is not visible when the backpack is on. Parts forming is completely ok as long as the part has a place to go and it does. Suiken is very fun to transform with no scary moments and his arms really aren't that confusing. Yukikaze's transformation from the waist up is fine, but the legs are a mess of thin pannels on thin sliders that are scary to move every time, if one of these are going to break it's him. Ive never had any trouble getting Suiken into a pose and I've never had a problem with the back pack, I actually think it looks cool.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    I actually like Yukikaze more than Getsuei, maybe even more than Seizan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

it was not even close to 1,000 for me all said and done. but i used amazon japan i am in the full set for 600-700 including tax and shipping and i got the box set kaen with the extra stands and parts for raiden

• Like Like x 1
  9. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

agree with every thing yukikaze is the only one i do not feel right messing with especially the legs even more the shuki and shuki has the most clear plastic out of all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Thirteen

Mike Thirteen Member

Hi to all. I'm a new member. I've been following this thread since page 827. Its been interesting to see such opposed opinions on mpg Raiden. I thought yukakize's leg were terrible for the first hour I owned him. Then I noticed on Wotafa's YouTube video that he stated how surprisingly well the legs stayed together. So I went back to mine and put more pressure on the thin cream tab. It clicked in further and the legs stayed together surprisingly well.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mike Thirteen

Mike Thirteen Member

I'd only started collecting the Takara trainbots in January and used to own the Moon studios Raiden last year but sold him on after a few months (my only YouTube video is an amateur review of him). Thanks to all for your comments as they come in handy for improving the ownership of a fairly complex figure.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ATFan

ATFan Well-Known Member

Interesting, I might give that video a look.
    For me the tabs either don't hold on the inside of the leg or push themselves out on the outside of the leg. Transforming him would still be a pain, but it would be nice if his legs stayed together for posing.

13. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

For my preferences Yukikaze is the better Transformer compared to the arm bots. And since JazzAlert13 wanted options I offered my viewpoint.

For me the arm robots are the worst part of the set. Yes, Yukikaze's legs are a nightmare to transform but once you are finished you at least have a somewhat well proportioned, cohesive looking robot.

If you like the way the backpack operates and looks fine and I'm not trying to invalidate anyone’s feelings about their purchase but to me it is baffling how this is acceptable on a high priced collectible. To me the design of arm bots is atrocious.

At least it seems the sent will end on a high note with Kaen. He even seems to fit on his set of tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I really wish TFSource would get the box set version in so I could get my order of that and Hoist shipped already...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    I love the armbots but the backpacks attachment points are really obnoxious. Both of them suffer entirely because Suiken has to share the peg for plugging into Yukikaze, otherwise they could've easy done a much more solid attachment point

16. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I think I would find the backpacks more acceptable if you could remove them without impacting robot mode too much.

If they had the shoulder pillars sculpted into the body you could just leave them off.
    But without the shoulder pillars from the backpack the robots feel incomplete.

17. Dark_Devastator

Dark_Devastator Well-Known Member

With the next MPG confirmed to be Super Ginrai, is there any rumour that after that, we might see the full Diaclone Raiden set? The G-Liner colors :) 

I get they want to do a new one to not saturate the market with just trains, but really really hope for a proper G-Liner set after Super Ginrai and God Bomber. Because might be our only chance to get an updated G-Liner :( 

18. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

i do notice wotafa has the better transformation videos for these guys i must have missed that one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike Thirteen

Mike Thirteen Member

At least his small size means he fits well in side a Detolf.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mike Thirteen

Mike Thirteen Member

The view from a few steps back... 20240329_194153.jpg

• Like Like x 18