Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new chest shield being clear in parts is actually kind of cool.

2. mbbreviews

mbbreviews cybertonian mechanic/inventor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG] all to emulate this

• Like Like x 3
  3. mbbreviews

mbbreviews cybertonian mechanic/inventor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    all you need is the new chest plate to make your riden this version

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they put the wrong Diaclone deco on Shouki? I'm not thrilled about this.

Actual Diaclone versions, as much as I've been disappointed by this set, I would've been down for as Generations-ish Diaclone Trainbots. This apparently isn't that.

5. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    489181987487.jpg 20240111_160533.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  6. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    So is Ginoh the actual Diaclone deco? I'd get it if it's going to be part of a full set.

7. Crossbonesss

Crossbonesss targetmaster enjoyer

News Credits:
    preordered

• Like Like x 1
  8. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

Cool not for me though but if they sold the waist adapter separately I would buy it

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah I would too - I prefer the Shouki deco so

10. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now I actually have to buy this. Fs Takara

11. Quippy

Quippy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is not. It's based on the doctor yellow version of the 0 series shinkansen:
    [​IMG]
    They didn't do a chrome shouki like the original prototype version because a chrome/silver 0 series shinkansen does not exist in real life and this set is marketed mainly to train collectors in japan that probably don't want trains that aren't accurate to real life.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with you, although I am a sucker for anything MP related sigh...so I do have the original set almost, thankfully got most of them on a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I have to give Takara props for (as usual) going above and beyond what was expected and actually re-moulding parts of the train. They are most likely using different inserts in the mould to achieve this which means they may have planned for this a while back. Before the tooling for Shouki was even done. Or they just made a new mold for the changed parts or the entire figure. Who knows? But I’m impressed they went that far. Now I’m very curious to see what they do with the other bullet train. Will they actually re-mould that one as well so the train matches this alt mode? Or not bother doing any more repaints/re-moulds for this set at all? This one may be the only “extra” trainbot.

I’m also very curious to know if they made the waist insert because of the negative feedback about the combiner proportions or if that was also planned all along. I detest extra parts like that in a set like this because the intent was for a mostly all in one combiner without too many extra parts. The chest shield and the head can at least store inside the trains and bots which makes it a bit less painful. But that waist insert looks pretty ridiculous on the side of the train. Note that the waist insert seems to use the same orange and black as Kaen so that may give us a hint that they do not plan on making another Kaen in a different colour. Or the intent is for you to use that insert for the original Raiden combiner. The waist insert looks to be about the same height as the width of the tracks so we can use that as a guesstimate as to how much taller Raiden will be now.

Anyway it’s very dirty what they’ve done here with that waist insert. That will obviously cause a lot of people to reconsider passing on this release, including me. And if they do another combiner will you need the waist insert or not to match the height of the other one? This reminds me of MMC requiring the feet add on kit for their Beuticus to match the height of their Defensor. So dirty.

Oh and I find it very odd that the waist insert has those cool mini-gun details on it but you can’t seem to see those on the combiner which is a shame.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Repaint other trainbots maybe except Kaen to include the following add-ons

1. Bigger head
    2. Accurate foot cannons
    3. Kibbleless waist section (replace Kaen entirely)
    4. Stickers

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Still, they couldn't pack it in with one of the 6 releases?

16. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah as @Quippy says, no it isn't the Diaclone deco. That was a silver/chrome repaint that does not exist in real life. Many of us expected that Diaclone repaint would never happen due to licensing reasons, and that looks to be the case, sadly.

To see they even retooled the mould to alter subtle details on the roof of the train, etc, it just highlights how constrained they are with real life alt modes with this set. Interesting to speculate what that might mean for other Diaclone repaints...

- Getsuei - his Diaclone alt repaint is a different model of train. Very similar, but longer, different wheel arrangement, etc. That sort of retooling would even mess with the transformation engineering, so I really don't see that happening. Maybe an existing alternate deco of the EF65 instead that's close enough to the Diaclone deco, but would that be appealing enough?

- Yukikaze - won't be done as a Diaclone accurate blue-stripe Dr Yellow as that's a different train to Yukikaze and we're getting that already with Ginoh. They could do a green-stripe Dr Yellow deco instead, not Diaclone accurate but might be close enough and appealing to fans

- Suiken - his Diaclone alt is a different version of the train, but not drastically. The same level of retooling as Ginoh - altering door/window arrangement plus a recolour could recreate him accurately.

- Seizan - another different train model but even more drastic retooling needed than Getsuei - can't see it happening at all. But again maybe a real alternate deco of the correct train?

- Kaen - clear/crystal DE10 - never gonna happen! Again maybe alternate deco DE10 could be used.

So kinda seems unlikely the whole set is viable with the restrictions they have. Having said that, we are absent an alternate Raiden head similar to that old artwork, and giant shoulder cannons. Maybe that's the way they twist our arms?!

I've said before - torso extension block would be a super easy 3P addon/3D print. Now there is something to inspire a design, maybe it happens?

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bleh really don't want to buy another one that'll just be standalone and not part of the combined, but darnit the waist extension is a nice touch..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the chances of retooling Yukikaze's mould extensively to make him another 0-series like Shouki to give us the Diaclone accurate blue-stripe Dr Yellow out of Yukikaze have to be close to zero now! Seems they settled on giving us that train the easy way - through the Shouki mould. Likely all we'll get out of Yukikaze, if anything, will be a green-stripe Dr Yellow 200-series which needs minimal or even zero retooling - not totally Diaclone accurate, but a cool companion to Ginoh and a way to sell us an alternate Raiden head.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the Generations book translated @ Soundwaves Oblivion
    - Didn’t the Diaclone Train Robo have a redeco?
    We know a few people are expecting to see a “Special Limited Colour” version. However, as the MPG series works on recreating trains to appear as actual model trains, it would be quite difficult to release a chrome plated Shinkansen or a translucent diesel locomotive (laughs). It’s difficult to change the colour and say it's a different train model. On the other hand if we think of this series as a format, we may be able to create a new train and replace them with each other. This unique “linking” concept can only be done on the railroad.

- Indeed, it seems that introducing new Trainbots is not impossible. So, how about expanding the MPG series beyond trains?
    We are constantly contemplating our next steps. I invite you to ponder who might embody the three G's of MPG: "GATTAI," "GIANT," and "GREAT."

• Like Like x 8
  20. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

It would be lovely if Takara would let us know if they plan to do an entire second team of six trains or if they only plan on doing a few trains to get you enough parts to make that alternate Diaclone version. I’m starting to think they will want to do that head and the shoulder canons at least. Maybe show or toy accurate ankle guns as well. Maybe they will do an entire second team and all of them will come with extra parts that you could use on the original Raiden. So dirty!

Any ideas what the second version of Raiden is called? Does that Diaclone artwork have a combiner name associated with it?

It will most likely take a few years to get the next MPG combiner done so I can see them putting out a second set of these trains while we wait to keep the cash cow going.

• Like Like x 3