Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Recieved mine yesterday. (The shop missed a digit from my house number which meant it could have ended up at the other end of the street. Luckily the driver recognised my name and the fact I get quite a few packages from Japan and delivered it with no issues).

I've yet to transform this (or any of the others I'm ashamed to say.) but the alt mode is great!

Kinda puzzled at the tech specs giving one of the best armed trainbots a Fireblast rating of 4. I guess they're just including his regular weaponry in that, since the 'train bazooka' is Raiden's and shared with the entire team. Still, that leaves a decent sized blaster and a cannon. To my mind, when that cannon is plugged into his backpack it gets a big power up. There must be a function to that pack (apart from being the whole front of the train, I mean) so a big power source springs to mind.

I might be overthinking it, but that's part of the fun.

The fact the 'bazooka' (forgive the quotes but that doesn't look like a bazooka, even if he does hold it like one. It's a cool gun though.) splits into three smaller blasters is very neat, even if they don't look quite right. Options are good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I finally transformed Suiken last night and here are my complaints in case anyone cares:

- the train bazooka connectors are way too loose and I was struggling to use it because the rear section kept falling off. They also should have added an aligning feature to the rear section so it is always straight.

- once again there is very little clearance with some panels because they were trying to make the train look good with minimal gaps. The panels in his armpits that you need to hinge to create clearance to rotate the hand are way to tight and feel like they’re going to break. In Wotafa’s review he seems to be telling you to pull away from the joint while rotating them to add a bit more clearance but I’m not sure.

- he has many transformation joints in his shoulders that are way more loose than his actual shoulder joints. So to manipulate his actual shoulder joints you need to hold on to the transformation joint with your other hand to stop it from moving. Very annoying and makes this figure a huge pain to pose the arms. Locking the transformation joints in bot mode would have solved this but they are very small so I’m not sure how to do that.

- the sliding chest parts should have had a locking point so they aren’t sliding in every time you move the figure.

- my copy does not go on the tracks very well. Much worse than the first three for some reason.

- the obvious complaint is that I wish it didn’t have to parts form between train and bot modes but I understand why they chose to do that.

I assume Seizan will have similar issues because he most likely shares most of the structure and transformation. Hopefully some of these issues are addressed for that figure.

I have Seizan on order and I cannot cancel. I have not ordered Kaen yet and I’m really torn on whether to actually complete this set or just stop now and sell them. Since I only have one left I will most likely complete the set but I’m really not happy with many of the decisions made by the designers on this set. It’s so different from the main MP line it makes we think they outsourced the whole project to contractors or something. It’s all very strange.

• Like Like x 3
  4. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

got mine today and i can not stop messign with him do think the backpack connection is a bit too loose but i think he is the best one so far

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Huh, I found the backpack connection so tight that it was difficult to find leverage to attach it to him in robot mode

• Like Like x 1
  6. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    The connection was secure for me, the only thing loose were the hinges

• Like Like x 1
  7. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

yeah mine connects with some force but then can get get nocked off pretty easily when messing with him

glad to hear it's nto a wide spread issue and just QC on mine will just thicken up the clip nu b on mine to make it hold a bit better

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    There’s a tab as well as the peg on the connector of the backpack. The tab needs to slot in and then the peg to be securely attached to Suiken... at least that was my experience with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Right. And that's fine and works great. Theres just 2 hinges on mine that contribute to the wiggle. I tightened them already but yea

10. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

yeah that tab seems to be a tad to short on mine or the hole for the tab at the top of the peg near the head is too large (not talking about the large round peg)

but added some polish on it to thicken it and it's fine now

11. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy is great! Fun transformation and poses so good.

20230706_194810.JPG 20230706_201604.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  13. Paco Grande

I'm starting to wonder if some copies are much better than others. My Suiken does not pose well at all and the shoulder joints are a giant pain in the ass. Are people using the actual tight shoulder joints or the loose transformation joints? I suspect people are using the wrong joints without realizing it. In Wotafa's video I believe he shows both sets of joints.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The shoulder joints on my Suiken aren't remarkably tight. I use the transformation joints in posing though, at times, depending on the look I'm going for.

15. Paco Grande

I need to hold the transformation joint while rotating his shoulder. Wotafa had to do the same in his video. And even when I hold it in place, the shoulder is so tight it's really fighting me. I was wondering at first if there even was a shoulder joint or if I was just breaking the figure. Haha

16. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    The shoulder joints loosen. I've played with mine everyday and I'm dubious there's variation. Break it in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bubblegunner

Bubblegunner -----< ̄ ▽  ̄>-----

News Credits:
    They've finally got around to putting up the transformation video.

• Like Like x 8
  18. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

IMG_2217.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  19. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  20. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

That was a long transformation video. I think I’m going to hear that audio loop in my nightmares.

It doesn’t appear to have a lot of articulation in arm mode.