Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not convinced that the animators were so consistent, nor that the toys matched so closely to this chart, but I see no point in pushing the point further, as my main point was to say that MP wasn't always consistent about robot scale, and I think the quote from the TFWiki (added above, perhaps after you responded) makes that point just fine, even if I'm wrong about jets vs. cars.

(A bit of a rabbit-trail, but I'm reminded of a post someone made earlier that pointed out that the Japanese cartoons tended not to use Sunbow's scale, anyway)

• Like Like x 2
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Alternative perspective...if they do the Raiden train alt modes in scale with other MP alt modes, each train would be a bit larger than MP44 towing his trailer...i.e. fucking huge! Like, Haslab Unicron huge...

D414F9FB-8CA4-4CE8-AD8B-4A267527F01A.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Had a dream I actually saw this guy. Looked like a basic CW version though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Iinteresting. My thing is "bullet trains" are known for going straight in one direction really, really, fast. Thats why I wouldnt think American style locomotives circling around a train depot would be very appealing in Japan. Seems a little too whimsical. And a bullet train riding around in a circle at a locomotives pace just seems so wrong, lol.

5. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Shhhhhhh !!! Thats a question the MP guys at Takara want to avoid at all costs. Possibly the reason we never got an MP version certain shuttle that turns into a train. Instead just an endless barrage of autobots.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I don’t know why alt mode scale is being considered a “worry” when Takara has consistently shown they care more about robot mode scale.

I think it’s agreed that you either scale to robot or to alt mode because it’s almost always impossible to hit both. You bring up Astrotrain but buddy, real fighter jets are not 3x the size of a domestic car.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The translation says "Starting with MASTERPIECE line!!".

What if we have both Mp and later a Generations Raiden?

• Like Like x 8
  8. twohip2

twohip2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G1 Raiden is the guy I always wanted so badly to be cool, but he just wasn't:/ The individual bots have no individuality or personality (granted, not a strongpoint of most combiner teams), and Raiden is homogenously blocky to the point of forgetability. That being said, I'm going to buy the ever loving hell out of this :D $

• Like Like x 2
  9. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

I may be in the minority, but a really big part of me doesn't want them to be MP figures. would they be beautiful and demanding on a shelf? totally. but i think i speak for good chunk of us when i say the price of a masterpiece combiner is just not in the cards. With the recent price jump and g1 accuracy that mp figures have been taking, even if we say each figure in the team is only $100 each (which considering the price of Bee 2.0, i think im undershooting here), that's still going to be a $600+ combiner total. We're talking Unicron money here, and that's the reason I'm fairly certain it cant be masterpiece.

Unicron had a crowdfund, and his final price before shipping was in and around $700. The biggest difference between Unicron and Raiden, is a majority of people know who Unicron was, but that project still needed community to fund it because making a figure of that caliber was risky. Making a more expensive figure, without a crowdfunding system to gauge sales, who far less people know, just doesn't seem like a smart decision from a market standpoint. Part of me also thinks it would be a punch in the gut for most people if the first MP combiner wasn't a core scramble city character, or big dev.

Im hoping for a titan class generations figure. Even if its sold one character at a time over pulse (which i hope it isnt), 6 person combiner teams just loan themselves to being titans really well as Predaking and Devy have shown. I dont think it can be a traditional CW combiner since its a two man torso.

only time will tell, all said and done im still excited we're getting something with Raiden, no matter what it is

• Like Like x 3
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Anyone that has collected 3P over the last 10 years or Tak MP over the last few years wouldn't flinch at that price. Chug collectors would probably wince but 100 is underestimating it imo, expect more per figure.

You gotta remember there's a very high chance they'll be released seperately so it should be easy enough to keep up.

That said it' s already translated as specifically talking about MP.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I swear we need a thread just to discuss scale lol

Most of the time HasTak ignores scale, but for masterpiece, they usually stick pretty close to that chart (with the notable exception of MP-22 who was made larger to accommodate carrying cars). And you are correct, more than once the animators just did whatever, though they usually kept it closer than people tend to remember, especially in episodes animated by Toei. Of course as you say, Jg1 just kind of did it’s own thing after headmasters, as was discussed at length a few pages back.

• Like Like x 2
  12. twohip2

twohip2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mostly agree with you, but you also have to remember that Unicron was basically a giant figure of CHUG quality, rather than an MP quality figure, which likely impaired the level of interest as much as anything. Tak MP Raiden would certainly price a lot of people out, but there's still plenty of people willing and able to pay that

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Metamucil is fantastic stuff. Having soft poo that doesn’t leave your toilet looking like a war crime was just committed is sooooo underrated ;) 

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'm telling you guys, they're talking about "MP" but we've got three different scales of MP so far (MPM, BW, G1) so nothing is stopping them from introducing a fourth.

15. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's gonna turn out a year or more ago some TT higher up got invited to a planning and coordination meeting for this train event and saw the plans for it and just became totally enamored with trains and in the typically semi-random TT manner decided, "Okay, our teams are all in the train business now. Raidens for days."

Hasbro liaison & and Legends design lead: "Oh so we're doing Legends Raiden?"
    Higher up: "Yes"
    MP lead: "Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad you guys get to do it instead of us, that would be quite the challenge and R&D investment for MP level engineering and..."
    Higher up: "You're doing Raiden too."
    MP lead: "W... we're doing masterpiece combiners now? And... the first one is... Raiden!?"
    Legacy products division head: "Ha, you guys are in for some long hours. Well, I'ma head ou..."
    Higher up: "Prepare a reissue as well!"
    Inter-divisional coordination liaison: "Um, wait how many Raidens are we making!?"
    Higher up: "Yes. Also contact Hasbro. Next line idea: War For CyerTRAINS."

(Those are my totally fictional and imagined department and team lead titles :lol )

• Like Like x 13
  16. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    It's time for a masterpiece combiner.

Masterpiece as a toy line is the longest running Transformers line of all time. Yet how many combiners are present? 3rd party has MP style combiners but the question is always begged, how would TT do it? This may be the answer, at long last and some 16 years after Masterpiece began as a toyline. 16 YEARS. As an MP collector since MP-01 was released, I'm even a little taken aback after just typing that out.

CHUG has a limitless supply of combiners by comparison.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I’d prefer Titan class because (a) I enjoy easier transformations, (b) more affordable and thus less scary to play with and (c) would look great with my existing Titan size figure collection.

Regardless, I look forward seeing this!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

It is almost 9 in Japan, when should we expect an update?

• Like Like x 2
  19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sometime between now and February, I’ll wager!

• Like Like x 8
  20. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

... Yeah. That sounds about right

• Like Like x 3