Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    I mean, you can break every toy manhandling it

• Like Like x 14
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combined mode sure, but considering they're triple changers and only like $20 more than Trailbreaker is, seems like a pretty good price for me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Lol, don't know if is it a wrong translation, but it seems that the same guy broke also Shouki.
    These images are not an issue for me.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Possibly from the initial preorder email, before TT sends Amazon the release date. This close to release though, AJ's date will be accurate.

Now, you might receive it a few days before AJ's estimated delivery date, but that's different than the release date. Lately AJ has been a lot more loose with their delivery estimates, than before all the Covid shipping delays.

• Like Like x 2
  5. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. BrooklynBots

BrooklynBots Banned

Mmmmm not really. Are they worth triple the price (almost) of a modern Leader figure? Not just no, but hell no. Not if the figure is prone to breakage. At $150 that shouldn’t be happening unless you are deliberately slamming the figure beneath your boot

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

I got Skids for $70 recently, he's the height of what's considered a "standard" voyager height, and he's far better in everyway.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Yes, yes they are. If a modern "Leader" is somehow worth $50 these days, the Trainbots are absolutely worth $120-$150. Ironically, they're also bigger or roughly the same size.

But for that price you get a fully licensed, detailed and painted train mode, and 80% painted robot, no hollow parts, poseable hands, diecast parts, display train tracks. Oh, and they're all triple changers too.

There's no evidence that this Getsui is prone to breakage. We have one, yes ONE in hand set of photos, a whole month ahead of release date (ie, obtained in less than official ways), that show one breakage, with literally no context. Judging by the childish display of the what he did to the packaging, instructions, and figure, no one should be taking anything as seen here as "evidence" of anything. There probably a good chance he was deliberately slamming it against something.

• Like Like x 9
  9. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    the torso looks much better than I expected! Unfortunate that one had been broken, but I’m looking forward to receiving mine! Also, the only MPs that have broken for me are megatron (manhandled on accident) and… that’s the only one I can think of… MPs aren’t as fragile as people claim

• Like Like x 7
  10. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    So there's no lowered pantographs option? They're either raised up or simply completely missing with blank areas on the roof? That seems odd, knowing Takara's penchant for including as many accessories as possible for an MP.

Also odd, since N-scale Japanese trains usually have working(retractable) pantographs. Why much larger much more expensive toys from Takara only have VERY cheap fixed ones, and don't even supply parts to have both positions...

(seriously, I buy pairs of working model train pantographs from Japan for like $4)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe that's what triggered the She-Hulk tier rampage at the end there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrooklynBots

BrooklynBots Banned

I just don’t see what justifies a price tripling. At the end of the day you’re left with a robot that’s on par with or slightly smaller than a modern leader with the same amount of articulation

I couldn’t give a flying fuckeroo about die cast or being “fully licensed”, as if the latter justifies a substantial price increase

I could see maybe $80 for the trainbots. Takara is high as a kite. $130? $150? Rip off

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then you're not the target audience. Move along.

The model trains that these are meant to be visually compatible with can retail for ~$200. So to that particular crowd, these are a steal. Licensed alt-modes and realism are a very big deal to the collector audience that these are actually targeted at. Not the "peasants" who balk at spending more than $50.

• Like Like x 12
  14. BrooklynBots

BrooklynBots Banned

How much elitism and cringe can you pack into one post? If we disagree, we disagree, but don’t be a dick about it

15. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

ahh, the newbs are the funniest bunch until they eventually get banned.

• Like Like x 10
  16. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

so far we only have that one account of breaking and that looked like the guy ham-fisted and forced the break.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your problem is thinking these are comparable to mainline Leaders just because they are a similar size. These are nothing like mainline Leaders - the engineering, parts count, articulation, paint, licensed alt mode, etc, are 100% MP level. Hence they cost MP money. You obviously don't have Shouki if you think these are built like mainline figures.

• Like Like x 19
  18. Pterodactyl with a Pee

Pterodactyl with a Pee Get it? ‘Pee’ since he’s translucent yellow? Hehe

News Credits:
    I think there slightly overpriced still

19. Jarrod

News Credits:
    I've already listed exactly what justifies it. On top of that, a very high parts count, these guys have a ton of moving parts to achieve all three modes.

Definitely not "on par" with anything mainline. Unless you're talking pure robot height, which is a poor example to use, because height, simply, does not equate to price or value.

Ok, good for you. I do. Most MP collectors do. You're clearly not the target market. And clearly not even interested. So why not let the people actually buying decide if it's worth it, to us, or not.

Again, if all youre doing is comparing it to a mainline figure based on size, you're not going to see or appreciate the value. I, personally, think mainline prices are absurd for what we get today. But you won't see me going in and telling those fans that their collections "aren't worth it". Helll I even still buy a few myself. But I always, always get more value, fun, and appreciation from the MPs I buy.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  20. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Thanks for keeping it a buck w/buddy ... the poors will never know taste ;) 

• Like Like x 1