Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    It’s a TakaraTomy/Japan thing. They provide a MSRP but give distributors enough leeway to sell for 20-35% lower while still making a healthy profit. The products end up on both physical store shelves and online stores for significantly lower than MSRP.
    This is their standard business model.
    It creates a greater sense of perceived value for customers.

The price on AMJ will go down over time. As you have placed your preorder early on, you are guaranteed the lowest price the listing will hit.

The MSRP before tax is 2000 yen lower than Shouki, so the final discounted sale price should be equally cheaper. Will probably end up under ¥14,000 before shipping.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I super hate to ask this question and I am SO sorry for asking it but I see some size questions in relation to Masterpiece counterparts, what size should the trainbots be individually? I know the combiner Raiden sometimes shows as Predaking sized (but that\'s a kettle of fish right there). But from my fading memory of the show they sometimes were a little smaller than average bots and sometimes larger. So *shrug*

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had just put in my pre-order at Hobby Search. Discounted price $115 USD, compared to $130 for Shouki.

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So we are using discounted prices for arguments now then?

• Like Like x 1
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really a "discount", per se, when it's the ballpark price you'd be paying at pretty much any of the Japanese retailers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    You made me laugh as earlier you were against me stating that an item would only cost say 100 USD if you would pre-order on time, and then you would reply that that's then and not now, and that now a very expensive shop is selling the same item for 200 USD, which you would then compare to a 3P item which would cost say 75 USD... and now you're turning it around because you want to compare to the lowest pre-order price of the 3P item yourself. Now I'm also doing what you wanted me to do, which is comparing the current lowest prices available, but now you want to compare to a price that you can't buy the 3P item for. I'm fine with comparing the lowest pre-order prices, but you only allow it if it's in a 3P item's favor and that's not fair.

As for these being 160 USD, yes at BBTS for example they are, but if you order at Amazon Japan, Anime-Export, et cetera then they're cheaper.

Last but not least, the price versus the size. You seem to want to state that you get more robot for your money if you buy the 3P version, but it's a strange thing to say. Does something being bigger and cheaper make it better than something smaller and more expensive? The individual robots of the 3P offering are badly out of scale, their faces are far from good and their vehicle modes are poor, just to mention a few things, whereas these things are better with these Masterpieces. The only thing that the 3P offering has going for it is the combined mode size, which is more in scale, but still too small.

The moment I got a notification that you had quoted me, I just knew that you would come with an unfair or strange comparison again and you did not disappoint me. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    The individual robots are almost Ironhide sized, which is almost the correct size. But because the individual robots are scaled almost correctly, Raiden, the combined form, will be way too small. The individual robots of the 3P offering are way too big. This leads to a bigger combined form, but even then it's too small still.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is $20 less than Shouki. I'm thinking it's a safe bet that the other trains will be cheaper. All the detail this train has replicates the train that passes near my home in Japan. Spot on. Bot mode is better than I hoped for, so it pairs well with Shouki. So this should hit around the 13,000 yen mark. I placed my Amazon order in since the release dates make it plenty manageable to budget for all of them. Great job on this one from, Takara.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I'm sure you know, but perhaps chosing to forget, TT MPs can always be pre-ordered at 20-30% discount off MSRP at any Japanese store, and the likes of ShowZ the same. Exception is TT Mall exclusives. The 'discounted' price is essentially the price. MSRP is meaningless. So yeah we do use that in arguments.

• Like Like x 8
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely didn’t disappoint in randomly turning this into a personal matter where you want it to be a “me vs you” thing. All I did was ask what we are using, PO pricing for both, or retail pricing for both. And then I talked about the size difference win bots. You yourself pointed out the current release price of the 3p offering and then used PO pricing for takara’s offering. Only one making unfair and strange comparisons is you. Who for some reason keeps bringing shit from the past up that’s unrelated to this for some reason asking for beef.

11. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are you thinking about purchasing any of these?

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really, but I’m also not buying the 3p option either. I’m just a fan of transformers so I’m interested in both sets and how they compare to each other. I’d probably be interested in buying one of the sets if I had way more disposable income.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Interesting. To me it is odd to see the amount of energy I see some are using to make a case about why one thing is better than another. I'm a fan of transformers as well, but I personally don't weigh in on figures I have no interest in purchasing. That's just me though.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd go beyond getting TT Shouki, but Getsuei is looking pretty good. I'll have the MS bots for gestalt, but these alt and bod modes are looking more appealing.

• Like Like x 6
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m in the same boat. Though maybe I’ll get Yukikaze depending on how he turns out. Probably not the whole set (though never say never).

15. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What can I say, I’m passionate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  17. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goddammit, i'm so fucking torn on this. The Moon Studios toys clearly have better robot modes, size and a cleaned-up combiner mode. Not to mention the price. But the Hasbro versions so far look amazing in train mode. That side shot of Getsui blew me away.

I'm not really a Raiden fanatic, and I really try to avoid multiple combiners of the same bot, so i'm not sure what to do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Japanese region video. Need to use a VPN.

Some interesting pics.
    Screenshot_20220112-200827_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20220112-200810_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20220112-200750_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20220112-200740_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    Man, that combiner sucks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I now know what’s going on with the massive kibble chunks on the legs that apparently aren’t part of the leg bots. I think Given the small nature of the crotch area, I’m betting Kaen partsforms and has chunks of himself form those blocks on the sides.

• Like Like x 2