Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    What about combiner scale? Did they said something about it?

2. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Nothing about combiner, they talked only about Shouki as single robot :( 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Ebay:
    So, what's the general consensus regarding whether the MPG Raiden or MS Radiatron will be "better"?

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's going to be more a matter of taste than anything, I imagine. And budget.

If you value Combiner accuracy and scale above all else, then 3P. Blunted, G1-toy inspired alt modes, and individual robot modes take a lot of design liberties in terms of proportions and kibble management. That route is also less expensive.

If you value alt-mode accuracy and individual robot scale/aesthetics, then TT is closer. But they're 50-100% more expensive. TT Raiden is a lot more interpretive, with massive liberties taken in scaling and parts arrangement, prioritizing alt-mode accuracy above all else.

Verdict is still out on engineering/enjoyability. At first glance, TTs looks easier to handle, looking a lot less panel-y. But that's just first impression, and may not match real-life handling.

TT Raiden appears to have fully-integrated engineering, capable of storing away all the combiner parts and maybe even weapons (with partsforming option for cockpit seating), while 3P seems to at least tack on the combiner hands.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Onilink

This, only one thing: we haven't seen the full Raiden combiner, and for scale, 3p is on 3p combiner scale, Raiden should be around 30 cm (and we don't know if this size will be the Takara combiner scale (individual components will be scaled correctly). In general, you can't have a correct combiner scale, should be something around Haslab Unicron, if not bigger.

6. Avedis Shamlian

Avedis Shamlian Cyclonusxx99

Ok, I'm excited to get MP raiden but I have some doubts:
    1. The one thing I'm really worried is clear parts as you can in the prototypes
    2. Back kibble is huge but I can get used to it
    Apart from that this figure seems to be promising

• Like Like x 2
  7. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Think the Moon bots will be easier to transform individually, they look relatively simple and seeing the size of them don't have to be as "fancy" to get to bot mode. Takara is going to have to pull out some magic,so the limbs aren't toothpicks. This will probably be far easier for combined mode, like you mentioned less panel flipping, and wouldn't be surprised it conversion is reminiscent of the toy.

8. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 22
  9. Avedis Shamlian

Avedis Shamlian Cyclonusxx99

• Like Like x 1
  10. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he looks better and better, glad i pre-orderd it :)  always liked the railracer trains and never had a raiden figure sooo win win

• Like Like x 1
  11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Again, can't really say for certain until we start getting these things in hand.

But comparing the Shouki designs, for instance, TT's has fairly solid looking blocks for limbs, while the 3P has a lot of panel folding going on. Panel alignment tends to be a fairly frustrating transformation experience.

In this particular instance, it doesn't appear that TT had to jump through too many hoops to get a more proportionate robot mode. Helps in this case that G1 Shouki was super stumpy, so the more elongated alt-mode just translates to a taller robot mode.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Takara is doing a solid job marketing those background designs. I’ll have to look more into them in their mall shop. They are actually swaying me back to find ways to use the Raiden set as an Autobot base instead of combined mode. This is definitely getting better by the day. Here’s hoping I can get a tax refund next year for this set if that’s the case

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does anyone know which specific Tomytec Diorama models those are? I’ve got a friend who’s interested in them and I might get a couple myself to start out.

14. jackisking

News Credits:
    Undoubtedly, the challenge think becomes the limbs if they stick to the 1 and a half inch width in train mode. That's like mp45 chest width I think. Will probably see something with the chest expanding and some of the train filling in the torso. Looking at the Moon studio legs things are pretty much "there", and isn't too much to manipulate to fill out the not mode.

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The biggest disparity will be between Getsuei and Yukikaze. A bullet train is a lot longer in proportion than a commuter train, and that's probably why the silhoutte teaser shows Raiden's legs looking so different. I'm actually wondering if Kaen has to transform asymmetrically for combined mode, to provide more length to the right leg. I can envision a design where the combiner hips are actually Kaen's waist joint and a mid-torso swivel, with the left thigh being Kaen's arms, and the right thigh being his legs, in order to achieve that result.

• Like Like x 4
  16. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

Very nice. It seems like he might have metal ankle joints.

Not sure if you've seen but there are now transformation videos, both stop-motion and step-by-step, of the Moon Studio legs. If you search through earlier pages of this thread, I uploaded some analysis images of where things go.

There are some things which really bug me about the Moon Studio transformations. I hope we see a Takara prototype being transformed in the coming weeks or months.

If you flip the side panels of Shouki's chest down, it becomes more or less the width of the train.
    upload_2021-10-29_21-30-2.png

The Moon Studio bots don't have to do much for their robot mode torsos and arms. Their legs though have some potentially annoying transformation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Onilink

Well, if the combiner ends having this kind of articulation, i'm not even mad about size:

[​IMG]

(UM 3P , around 27,5 cm )

• Like Like x 3
  18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    This also makes me wonder if their robot modes will also be very varying. Only so much of "the Lockdown effect" where a smaller alt mode becomes a taller robot is possible.

19. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok... 3rd news update of diorama pics.

diorama05-robot.jpg diorama06-robot.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    Looks CHUG pass......:D 
    Kind of surprised, figure they would hold off on the Shouki pics and start the Skids/ Reboost pre release pics. Still nice to wake up to, wouldn't mind seeing other figures in these displays at this point.

• Like Like x 1