Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    But then they couldn't have you halfway committed to the team before you saw the final piece of the puzzle.

• Like Like x 3
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's anything that ulterior, personally. I think they just kind of aren't great at figure reveals. Lately we've seen tons of leaked poorly hand painted samples and even pre-production prototypes and thefts. Their photography for MPs has never been as high quality as it could be (many have lamented over the years than even fan photographers do a better job.) And now a silhouette that fans managed to brighten up, that they apparently didn't want us to see, from a video that doesn't do Raiden any favors.

I am always of the belief that Hanlon's Razor is more likely to be the cause of these things than nefarious motives. Not that nefarious motives can't or don't exist too. I just don't think they are being that cagey about it, given all the leaks. I think it's more that they just... kind of don't do a good job of it. And that was more my point. That they should make more of an effort to just get the information out there fully. It can only help them (and fans.)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    IF it goes that way, I'm still uncertain, then I'd wonder how well they could re-engineer the toy into a Thunderclash (effectively ironically walk backwards from the unreleased Universe Menasor to G1 Thunderclash, heh heh).

• Like Like x 1
  4. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Basically when it comes to this fandom (including me) and what we want for a figure, I look to this Simpsons clip which is pure gold.

• Like Like x 14
  5. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

Damn this is awesome!

6. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I'd be all over a Thunderclash that retooled a Motormaster cab into the robot and the Menasor-body trailer into the gun platform.

Kinda akin to what Fans Hobby did to make Thunderclash from PM Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

That's a good looking CHUG sized train

• Like Like x 1
  8. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

love those props

9. famigami

famigami Well-Known Member

not show accurate at all though, they are chunky AF, just like CHUG style figures are. Not at all masterpiece aesthetic.

licensed figures aren’t unique to masterpiece. masterpiece also has unlicensed figures so the argument is baseless.

“Highly painted”. Don’t make me laugh.

the only thing that is off is literally everything.

these aren’t masterpiece scale though. They’re chug scale just like CW devy, which is NOT masterpiece scaled.

10. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Raiden's figures are clunky as all get out, even in the show? As CHUG collector numero-One, they're honestly a bit large for CHUG

They are MP scale. They're scaled to the individual bot modes, not to the combined mode. Shouki was give or take Ironhide's height.

How big should he be, per your request? Because if you're gonna say based on combined mode, then he'll be too big per the scale charts MP figures are made on

Raiden is literately out of scale with his components on the scale. So is every other combiner. All those MP combiners out there? Either out of scale in one mode or pantsformers, and the less said about pantsformers the better

Oh, and CHUG Devy's too big for CHUG. We've debated this for literal years

• Like Like x 6
  11. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    They're chunky because they're show accurate. Do you even know what they look like in the show?! And they're highly painted, I don't know what would make you laugh about that?! The only thing off is Raiden, who's too short. Shouki is in scale in robot mode, which is what the Masterpiece line has been about for ages now; all individual robot modes are in scale. Please show me a CHUG that is as highly detailed and painted.

As for Raiden being too short, there is no way to get Raiden in scale and still have Shouki in scale too. If they would not have stuck to the HO train scale, then Raiden could have been bigger, but he would have still been too small. I would have preferred that, so that we would have gotten a slightly larger Raiden, and it's also likely the reason for me to cancel my pre-order, but you seem to be unrealistic about what is possible.

• Like Like x 5
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only licensed CHUG figure in the last ~20 years is Netflix Bumblebee (Prior to that, I believe the only licensed mainline figure, outside of Studio Series/Movie shenanigans was RiD Super Sideburn), and he's a complete exception.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Just ignore him. He's repeating that CHUG nonsense like a mantra, hoping that before or later could became true.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His chunk is toon accurate...
    20210816_212643.jpg

His individual bot scale is toon accurate (a little small but close)...
    rdtATN32.jpg

DUnno what more to tell you. And what about my other points you ignored, all of which together indicate this is nothing like CHUG.

CHUG CHUG CHOO CHOOOO!

• Like Like x 15
  15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Electric trains don't sound like that though. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Yet this is one of the most laughable posts i've ever seen in the history of this site.

I don't know where in the hell on God's green earth you're getting the idea that Shouki isn't cartoon-accurate, but he 100% is.

[​IMG]

There. There's your chunk.

>Just like CHUG

Please, CHUG wishes it could hold a candle to Masterpiece. Shouki being no exception. The articulation that'll be in our hands will blow anything CHUG away by a country mile, the parts count will blow CHUG away by a country mile, paint by a country mile, accuracy by a country mile and overall aesthetic by a country mile, I can go on and on and on.

Also nice, equating the single license use in the mainline in the last couple decades compared to at least 3 dozen in the same timeframe in Masterpiece, and you think just because we have had some that weren't licensed that the argument has no merit? Laughable. The licenses need to be acquired for us to get certain characters, others don't, welcome to the legal systems of the world.

And yes, these certainly WILL be highly painted, if it wasn't, then it wouldn't exactly be Masterpiece, now would it?

This ain't your kids' Transformers that you grab on your way out from your bi-weekly Target or Walmart run, so quit trying to equate Masterpiece as being on the same level.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got the engineering mostly down in my head now and you're certainly right about the parts count. This thick boy is 100% MP in transformation complexity.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eeehhhhhh...
    There's a bunch of CHUG figures now that have pretty close to or even the same amount of articulation that has been shown for this guy. It's where the whole complaint of "Fanstoys bots are starting to have worse articulation than some CHUG figures" comes from.

• Like Like x 1
  19. famigami

Where? Should looks nothing like that!

20. famigami

Except that’s not what he looks like at all. It isn’t close to accurate and scale alone doesn’t even remotely qualify as masterpiece. Saying that is like saying if they sold you a cardboard cutout in the right size it qualifies as a masterpiece.