Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though I wanted this to be CHUG sized (which is looks like it may be), I had to back out. The price/value for me is what killed it. Hopefully we get a proper CHUG Raiden someday, even if they’re generic trains.

• Like Like x 5
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this gives me hope the legacy stunticons will be close in size as well .

3. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    It's best not to take English words in Japanese text as literal. They're there for marketing and to sound cool, and don't always have the same connotation or mean the same thing as in English.
    Anyone who has lived in a mansion in Japan knows what I mean :p 

• Like Like x 8
  4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if a Haslab Generations Raiden happens at some point. After how well Star Saber did, Hasbro knows there is a demand for Japanese characters, we just need to prove to them that train mode characters will sell. Heck if that hypothetical Haslab did well, maybe Rail Racer could eventually get a retail release.

• Like Like x 2
  5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I expect Rail Racer has more popularity in the US than Raiden. Rail Racer was on Saturday morning TV and readily available at Target etc.

• Like Like x 4
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I like the idea of MP combiners…but the price is ultimately gonna keep me out. And if future MPGs continue to prioritize alt mode scale and realism, the combined modes are going to suffer. I get the logic behind the prioritization of the train modes for this one…but the combined mode is just way too compromised for me. Hopefully any Devy they come out with in this line prioritizes the combined mode.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, maybe don't prioritize combined-mode "accuracy" too much:

devastatorscale.jpg

But I can guarantee you that a Devastator with a similar approach taken to the individual robots isn't going to end up as short as Raiden does. Again, Raiden's problem stems from trying to make a bunch of long and narrow alt-modes look bulky in combined form. Devastator's combination method is more defined, and the alt-modes are already bulky so there's not nearly the same amount of mass-shifting required. He'd end up not too dissimilar from Combiner Wars Devastator, just hopefully much more refined.

• Like Like x 4
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

A smaller and more solid version of the CW Devy would be fine with me…with more detail and improved articulation for the individual bots. I wouldn’t be real interested in a full toon Devy…lol… And I’d agree that Devy ought to be easier to pull off than Raiden.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just like the CW version, it's really Long Haul that's the big question mark, engineering-wise. But with a way higher budget ceiling, they've got a better chance at pulling off some of their characteristic black magic. And as per the animation model, maybe they can find a way for Scrapper and Mixmaster to contribute more of the load in forming the legs.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, someone mentioned bot mode scale earlier, and after looking at it, I'm actually impressed they managed to achieve both the train mode scale they wanted, and keep him relatively in scale with other MPs in bot mode. Following ye olde holy scale chart, he should be close to Ironhide's height, taller than carbots, and shorter than Prime (again, around Ironhide's height, maybe a smidgeon taller.)
    G1 Japanese Scale 1 (3)25.jpg

And while it's hard to see because they're posed rather than neutral (and with the caveat that this thread moves fast and someone probably already has him measured to the mm and I've missed it, and so someone will probably post after this saying no he's actually too tall or too short :lol  ) from what they posted it looks like he should fall reasonably around there at least.
    robot-detail (2).png

If not perfect, he's definitely at least shorter than Prime and taller than the carbots. Given that they wanted a specific scale for train mode, yet his bot mode still pulls that off, I'm actually kind of impressed. It also makes it essentially inevitable that combined mode would have to be the mode that is out of scale. Almost no matter what they did.

In other words, two out of three is still an achievement imo. And it might also be why they created a new line for this, since every combiner would essentially have a slightly different scale in combined mode due to them trying to get alt and bot mode as close to whatever scale target they have.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Omega Supreme confirmed the combiner size in the WFC CHUG soft reboot

12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im sorry, what size is it? close to the majority of CW ? and what thread? thanks for responding

13. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Approximately, yes. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Onilink

Omega Supreme is titan size, in scale with the two titan combiners sold in the previous line. Menasor CW already exist, the Legend One will be remade, probably close in size to Devastator and Predaking

15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in other words, you're completely speculating and nothing is confirmed.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It hasn't been confirmed yet, but, leakers have said Motormaster comes with the trailer (thus Commander Class) and that they believe they saw that Motormaster only really transforms from the cab and possibly part of the trailer, meaning the rest of the trailer would form parts for the combined mode.

If I had to guess he'd probably be the size for GT Gravity Builder, bigger than the standard CW combiners (which half of people said were too small) but smaller than Titan Class combiners (which the other half said was too big) to try and please everyone (Although I'm sure for most MP collectors they'd prefer him to be Titan Class as a stand in for a Takara one like with Devastator).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Not related, but that Walmart (my CHUG definition) Menasor has me really excited TBH.

Can’t wait so see it.

18. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nippon Yasan just not bothering then? Strange.

19. Onilink

how everyone here is doing, unless is work is at hasbro.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Kind of an odd release, the twitter bots aren't even posting the listings like they normally do.