Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

• Like Like x 4
  2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I wonder if these dioramas are going to be available outside of Japan. Nice to know they finally found something to work them in with, its been an option on the surveys for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are just some of Tomy's N Scale structures. You can find them on eBay, Japanese retailers, and other model train websites. These structures aren't in scale with the actual toys, though.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

While I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get the whole thing, it should at least be a bit easier now since I got a random $400 refund from college the other day. It's still a hard price to swallow, but man does Shouki look awesome

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Given how I’m willing to wait it out, this might be what I end up getting should everything turn out well by the time the team is released. I’d rather buy them all at once than 1 by 1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still looks significantly cooler than both the original toy and the animation model.

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Model railroading companies literally make EVERYTHING in HO scale. Trees, roads, warehouses, homes, corn, pigs, people, brooms, snowplows, bridges, mountains, rocks, snow, streetlights, power lines, garbage cans, sidewalks and curbs, brickwork, curtains, air conditioners, milk crates, off the top of my head that I've seen.

You can replicate the entire world in matched scale if you want-----that's pretty much the end goal of model railroading.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I knew he had ankle kibble but damn!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

I've finally cracked the code on this whole Raiden size debacle, it was quite simple really, all it took was some simple measurements
    here it is, everyone.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 22
  10. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    30cm is more than a head taller than MP-44. Siege Jetfire is about 30cm from head to toe and is significantly taller than MP-44, as you can see in my photo here:

A9D6A944-EFFB-4BCF-B541-70313EC0AF37.jpeg

MPG-01 Shouki is estimated to be almost as tall as MP Ironhide. We don’t know yet what the length of the trains will be that will form Raiden’s legs. Looking at the three figures pictured together above may help better visualize how the Raiden combination will work out.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like trains, but I can't justify this guy. Will have to think about Moon Studios Radiatron. It's half the price, twice the size, and looks a lot more stable. With Takara's QC issues you almost have to go 3rd party.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It seems a significant amount of mass from the individual bots is shifted into the feet, shoulders and back of Raiden, keeping it shorter, while Devastator gains some length in the legs when combined and has a really bulky Long Haul to add more mass to the lower torso and hips.

13. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    After much thought, I'm in. I love the train mode, the robot mode is good-old MP style (not nowadays cartoon-slavish boredom), and it's three bots a year, around 150 € every four months. Expensive as a gestalt, yes, but no so expensive as six MP.

• Like Like x 7
  14. sdexam

sdexam Well-Known Member

One more try, I think if the size is around17.5cm, that will fit my collection pretty well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I think you’ve inadvertently invented the most cost-effective method of building a Transformers display…haha.

• Like Like x 19
  16. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Aren't MS's about $100 each, possibly plus shipping? So actually about 2/3- 3/4 the price, really.

Most likely true. For me, however, pure size does not always mean better. For a combiner, sure I see the appeal. Zeta's stuff just happens to be too big for my collection, so a smaller figure is better. I am a little disappointed if Raiden really is only 30cm, however. Something like 40-45 is the sweet spot for my collection.

Absolutely no way to tell fromrnhr photos. No one has either in hand yet. Just remember too, if Raiden is the size we're assuming, that's packing a lot of mass into that small of figure. Which, in theory means dense, which could, also in theory, mean very stable.

Yep, TT has it's issues. So does literally every 3P. I collect both, and it's silly to say official or 3P has better QC over the other. They're both just as likely, and just as guilty.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Devastator could be 30 cm as well, all depends of mass shifting and distribution. UW Devastator has different proportions from settai model, Long Houl is a LOT more bulkier just to help the combiner transformation, only half arms are included in the arms components, and Hook is merged with Long Houl only by 2 pins, because of the weight (this is not possible with more heavier robots).

I can't exclude that they want to made combiner super-articulated and shorter, for scale and display space:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30 cm combiners are perfect in scale with minifigure (we should have some autobot and decepticon minifigure)

And, Omega Supreme and Sky- Lynx could be more affordable in masterpiece "giant scale" .

18. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

My dude - I didn’t want to have to be the one to tell you, but you forgot to carry the 1. Gotta start over.

• Like Like x 6
  19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do wonder if this will be the scale for the entire MP-G "line," if there is even going to be one. Or if each combiner will have its own unique scale in the line. Lots of good arguments earlier in the topic for how they could go either way. A line of small-ish MP combiners just unto themselves with their own scale isn't entirely unappealing honestly. But I know it's disappointing for many.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I would be happy if they maintained the same general “scale” for (possible) future MPG combiners. I’ve always liked Raiden and Devastator being rivals, so it’d be nice to have them in a similar size in bot and gestalt modes.

• Like Like x 1