Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. pumaking

pumaking I thought we were ahead.

News Credits:
    check out this combined mode pic...well explained why 30cm height combine-image.png robot-image.png

• Like Like x 7
  2. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep just cancelled my order. Decided I am out of the MP game all together now. The CHUG releases are getting better for the value but the MP quality is staying constant but the prices are rising way too much. Shouki's bot mode is great but the price is too much even with that discount. I can get all of Menasor for that price next year instead of just a torso bot. I hope they do a CHUG version of the trainbots in a few years since HasTak knows JG1 can sell after Victory Saber.

• Like Like x 8
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    There raising prices so much the MSRP is the same as Hounds from 3 years ago The only difference between this and that is a significantly smaller run with a halved discount and domestic stores charging more than MSRP.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 13
  5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's why I'm happy the Trainbots will come with some track. At least I assume they all will come with a length. And with the seeker flight stands hopefully I can get them linked together and airborne for some photos too!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, that is the route I am considering to take. Wait and see. But my wife and I wonder if Moon Studio is a good option since it’s half the price. Still, having one of each wouldn’t be bad. But whatever I decide, I’ll be happy. Perhaps for Takara, I’ll keep them in bot mode. I mean, I for found Hound for 9500 yen and Bumblebee MP-45 for 7,000 yen. So it can happen.

Moon Studio has a preview of their figures for comparison information:

• Like Like x 5
  7. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

Okay. I'm not trying to start an argument but, I keep seeing people say "ho scale engine . that's what they cost"... Are these going to be able to move under their own power on a track ? If not, why keep comparing them to ho scale engine prices? If this isnt powered it is just a piece of scenery. Not a 180 dollar ho scale engine. Im not bagging the price, I bought fans toys dinos. I have takara hound. I like big combiners. But to simply compare the price to ho scale engines makes no sense to me.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    It doesn’t sound like they will move on their own through battery power. If they did, that would actually provide some cool incentive to get them

• Like Like x 7
  9. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think we need an update in here every time there's Moon Studio news. I think it's well known at this point that they're an option. I know you had other stuff to post this time, though, so this is just a general thought. I know you've contributed to this thread a lot and have even brought some news.:) 

I figure motors are pretty simple and wouldn't cost much. Being able to transform, however, is much more complex.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    I shared in both threads. If Takara has another update, I’ll gladly add it to both threads as well. Plus, it’s not like I think their figures look bad. I like the kibbly nature as I think it will give an elaborate transformation and have MP moments like MP-36 and MP-52 did. Those figures are fun to transform. I really like their other modes and wish for Raiden to succeed

• Like Like x 4
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Because HO trains need to be built and don't have to transform. Swapping gears/motors for engineering.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I've been waiting to see! Thank you!

upload_2021-10-15_20-59-20.png
    I've mapped a few of the basic parts. My guess for where the combiner port for the arms might be is marked with "?".

These new images do raise some concerns, especially regarding partsforming. Hats off to Takara if they manage to achieve all 3 modes without partsforming, but I will be quite disappointed if transformation is just pulling off his backpack and sticking it on his chest. I chose POTP Abominus over Gen Selects Abominus partially due to the latter's partsforming chest piece.

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for eventually. I've found some crazy deals on Japanese websites.

HO scale locomotives do not typically transform into 7" robots and combine with 5 of their buddies, so I guess that compensates somewhat for the lack of engine.

• Like Like x 11
  13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    A big part of the current cost of HO model locos etc, is the large number of very small detail parts applied by hand. Labor intensive and not easy to train. Also far more precise paint jobs and tampo-printing.

The motors themselves are fairly cheap. But the electronics can be quite expensive nowadays, due to digitized sound recordings and command control etc. Plus miniaturized speakers.

• Like Like x 7
  14. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

It won’t happen, and I doubt many would want this beside me due to the price (if I’m wrong I’d very much love that though) but If Takara released all 6 in a gift set that homaged the 1980s one, I’d love that.
    5269CA66-9A0E-4804-9E7B-378ED7018FF4.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Hint: start at waist and go down from there

• Like Like x 3
  16. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the combiner is just 30cm tall then he will be only about a head taller than MP44 (I think). This would put him at the as CW combiners. How the hell is this combination going to work if all of the bots are the same size as the CW Devastator components, whose combined mode was nearly twice as tall as the other combiners?

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That happens when you need to redistribute the mass differently. In this case, the train modes are long and skinny, whereas the combined mode is still trying to approximate the original design's chunky proportions based on slightly "chibi" train modes. So a lot of that mass gets compressed back on itself for bulk instead. The Constructicons, by contrast, retain the entirety of their visual mass.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know you mean well and comparison is welcomed, and should be, but if anyone was posting pictures and news updates of the official TT version in 3P threads 'so that people are kept informed of the alternatives', they'd be chased out of the thread and banned for flame-baiting before they could say praise Kobayashi! :) 

I think if people want pics and news of 3P, we all know where the right forum is.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I've posted TT versions of characters in their 3P threads before and it's generally met with discussion on the differences between them, and it's never been met with "being chased out of the thread and banned for flame-baiting". Like with Cliffjumper in the FT Cliffjumper thread or Raiden in the Zeta Raiden thread and others. You'll only really be met with that if you go in saying "Look at this guy who's a 100% better than this shit offering because it isn't made by Takara/it is made by Takara".

Of course there's always going to be the "I'm going to report you for posting a picture of X character in X character's thread because it's a different version of X character!" but that applies for both 3P and MP threads.

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    If the molds are available, I'd like to see Hasbro do a "new issue". Put in vintage packaging but with a yellow cartoon explosion graphic in the corner that says "First International Release". Release it for $99.99 at Walmart. Collectors would eat that up. I'd buy two, one to open and the other to keep MISB.

• Like Like x 2