Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    TFSource?

• Like Like x 7
  2. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Well, Raiden better be super stable and articulated to make up for the size.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yea, i really hope the combined mode won’t have the typical basic combiner articulation. deep down i feel like i’m in for a disappointment, but glad to be wrong.

i’ve gotten spoiled by the hyper articulation since mp sunsurge, to the point where i tried to cancel my skids preorder (i failed bc i was past my cancellation window). i’m really on the fence with this guy - i have zero attachment to raiden nor trains, but preordered him because i like combiners and am all for supporting takara’s first cut into mp combiners, not too bothered by the scale since, but his aesthetics just look a little too hasui-simplistic for me, where it’s toon-accurate or not.

only reason i’m keeping my preorder is for the lower price. i usually wait for all the members to be released to see how sturdy the combined mode is, but i don’t want to lose out on the preorder discount.

4. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I pre-ordered Shouki at Amazon Japan, but I might cancel before the end of the month. I'm really on the fence about Raiden. I thought 33 cm was small already, so if Raiden is actually 29 cm then that's disappointing. In the end, as various people have already mentioned, there simply is no way to get both Shouki and Raiden to properly scale with the other MPs. If they would make the trains bigger, then more engineering, folding and compressing, would be required to keep Shouki properly scaled. But this would translate into a higher price, and Raiden would still be too small. Individual bot mode has been used for scaling all MPs, and Shouki seems to be the correct height. And they want these trains to appeal to train collectors, which they will succeed in because Shouki is looking great in vehicle mode. But as a result, Raiden is short. I would have preferred a higher price then, if that would result in a better engineered Shouki and a higher Raiden. I was really looking forward to Raiden, but now I don't know anymore. Luxury problems, I know.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he doesn't even have as much articulation as the pantsforming, let alone the non-pantsforming MP scaled combiners, that would be a massive kick to the balls.
    Screenshotter--YouTube-UNBOXINGTransformersOcularMaxPS-14AssaultusUpgradeKit-27’09”.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Assaultus is the only time I have ever been tempted by 3P companies. No partsforming in combined mode if you don't want those silver feet and amazing articulation. That thing even has an ab crunch at that size! As of right now I am thinking Takara really dropped the ball by focusing on the train mode so much over the combined mode. I understand why they did ($$$$$) but damn shorter than all the regular CW combiners just hurts.

7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if this is true, and its the size of CHUG combiners , then its pretty much the perfect size for me and I'm probably in for two ( one for each kid ) . The price is ridiculous but i dont know if we will ever get the trainbots again in chug scale. will wait to order though until the size is confirmed, due to the cost

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Honestly Raiden should be the same scale as Predaking. 

If he\'s only a foot tall, that\'s disappointing. I\'d rather a Titan Class Raiden instead of shilling out the amount they want for \"masterpiece\" trainbots don\'t scale well. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    How did we get from UW Devastator size to 29cm? It was just yesterday that someone told me that this guy will not be that much smaller than 3P Raiden.

• Like Like x 1
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of the discussion regarding a 18” Raiden was hopeful guessing, as no one really thought it could be made as small as CW combiners (tho it was still guessed to be that small before then). But as we found out thanks to @Gamerlingual and Takara, It’s a 29 cm combiner. Granted, it should have been expected I suppose, as Takara from the start stated it would be “UW scale”, admitting a different scale than MP.

• Like Like x 2
  11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I've always said that I don't need my combiners to be super huge, so I'm not bothered by the news of his "shortness." Mostly, I'm just thinking "if it's THIS expensive at that height, how much more expensive would he have had to have been at UW Devastator-size?"

12. Sandman0079

Sandman0079 Well-Known Member

Ironically it would have been less expensive. What makes the Raiden components crazy expensive is all the engineering to make them compress to the correct train scale to the point of being difficult to distinguish from actual train models at glance. By comparison the 3P versions started by designing the bot mode and are less about crazy accuracy in train mode. Overall it's a very niche product dedicated more to train models fans that also happen to like Transformers and are nostalgic of Raiden.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I wonder who that was then, because in this thread it's believed for some time now that Raiden would be around 33 cm high, thanks to @Liampope for example. Now @Gamerlingual has contacted TT and they have stated that Raiden will be 29 cm high. I'm thinking that this might be a mistake and that they meant the length of Shouki in vehicle mode, but that may be clinging on to some hope that Raiden can't be that small... Anyway, even 33 cm is still small, but I may keep my pre-order if it's that size, whereas if it's only 29 cm, then I'll likely cancel it. I would have preferred larger trains, which would compress more for the individual robot modes to keep those in scale, and which result in a taller Raiden. Raiden will never be in scale, but every cm counts. (That's what she said.) But TT unfortunately chose to make the trains match the HO train scale.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Darthate2099

Darthate2099 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So does this mean they'll fit in with chug figures?

• Like Like x 4
  15. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Yep just for 1000 dollars!

• Like Like x 3
  16. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Gotta agree with you somewhat on that one. Maybe they should have just gone with a SS series or whatever the equivalent is over there for him instead of an MP.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Hardest of hard passes

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Estimates made by people in this thread based on the scale in relation to the figure pictures put this guy at only 33-35 cm tall, then TT customer service said that this guy will be 29cm tall.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then go buy that one. Nobody's holding you to get the MPG set.

Moon Studios went in, with the priority of making an "MP Raiden". TakaraTomy went the opposite tact, and opted for "Masterpiece Train-bots", that also combine.

• Like Like x 8
  20. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Uhm how about Soul of Chogokin DX Mariner? Or countless other offerings. I think the fact they had to design them as trains first has alot to do with cost and size.

This thread is the RAIDEN MPG thread, let's not take it down. Although it connects, it mainly is just that.

Is this the price for 6 with the discount?