Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

I'm really on the fence with this release. I'm intrigued by finally getting a new Raiden & Shouki looks amazing but I just can't pull the trigger. I'm not really an MP collector, I only own 4, so there is a bit of sticker shock involved: this is easily $60 more than I want to spend on a single figure. I've even been thinking about going with a retailer that let's you prepay on preorders but even then I can't make the order. I want this figure but I think the price has proven that I can live without it...

2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You forget the biggest crowd, surely? The 'haw haw blocky kibble garbage' crowd. :) 

• Like Like x 10
  3. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are that crowd! The blocky kibble garbage is cartoon accurate right? And we are dorks and slaves for cartoon accuracy! The Haw Haw is on us! Luckily we are having so much fun talking about this new line. I’m extra excited for Kaen just because he IS the ugliest train and bot. Something of an underdog I guess. And the gray and orange is sort of my thing I think. Wonderful color palate

• Like Like x 8
  4. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Officially pre-ordered! That train mode looks incredible and I’m really liking the robot mode. Release date seems forever away, but that kind of helps since getting all 6 is gonna be expensive. The more spread out the releases are the better.

• Like Like x 6
  5. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

Wait what that's a lot! Just for practically next door delivery and import? Amiami is at ¥15800 not including delivery or taxes.

If all goes well this will not only be my first Takara Masterpiece purchase but also my first ever 3P purchase. I guess I just like Raiden as a combiner that much.

I know how that feels, I only own 3 MPs. By ordering from Japan instead of within the EU, I should save $50-$60 per figure, shipping included.

If the two year timespan is true, that would make it a lot less painful financially.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

I don't think that the 2 years timespan is true, seekers for example will be completed in less than 6 months. (Yes, repaints, but engineering for all six models is completed and tested, can't be otherwise).

7. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

The way I see it, the offerings by both companies have their highlights and their flaws (judging from what has been revealed so far).

In my personal opinion, TT wins for alt mode. They have a perfect train mode, MS chibi trains are not my thing.
    For robot mode, I see a tie. TT is going more for the toy and early MP look, which I like, MS more for the idolized and newer MP look, which I also like.
    For combined mode, MS seems to look much more refined to me than what we have glimpsed from TT. Since I went with MMC for Bruticus, neither of them would easily fit into my collection (and into my Besta furniture).

I have the original Raiden gift set that I got back in the 80s when a friend of my parents brought it back from Japan (him not knowing what they were was except Transformers, and me also not really knowing them), so they hold a special place for me. I am most likely buying one version of them, but neither hits all marks. I am slightly leaning towards TT because of the train mode, but I'll have to wait to see more members of the team before commiting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The train mode looks so dang great. I might have to buy just for that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    He is a diesel-hydraulic though. Boring-looking, but unlike most any other type of loco outside of a few similar Japanese and German ones. So, unique in function, if not looks. (though that doesn't really translate to a toy)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think they'll want to release a team member that connects to Shouki, so that means that Yukikaze and Getsuei will be released after Kaen. So either Kaen, Suiken or Seizan will be next. My bet is on Suiken, followed by Kaen, then Yukikaze, Seizan and last Getsuei. That way the arms are released some time apart, and the legs too, because the arms are similar and so are the legs. And this way everything they release can be combined straight away. But with TT you never know what they'll do next, so I might be completely wrong here. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    It’s directly taken from a Japanese online article, so it is absolutely true.

• Like Like x 9
  12. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As much as I want to continue supporting this, I'm cancelling my pre-order and switching to Moon Studios. I think that MPG Shouki blows the Radiatron bots out of the water in robot and train modes... But I vastly prefer the way their Raiden looks. I was musing about that to my wife and she asked me how often I'd be displaying them separately instead of combined, which honestly wouldn't be very often. As much as I like how Shouki looks, Raiden's look is more important to me.

13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a call back from Takara Tomy’s customer service and they said that the height of the combined form will be 29cm. Not even a foot long. Yea, that is going to be one short combiner for $800 or more dollars. Wowsers, that’s insane for a small combiner

• Like Like x 22
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :eek: 

• Like Like x 6
  15. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Yea believe me. I’m shocked considering Predaking is taller. :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  16. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Guess that's some magic in itself making 6 11-12 inch trains turn into 8 inch bots that turn into a 11 inch combiner.

I'm looking at this like Skids, where the emphasis is more on vehicles versus the actual figure. It's in its own line because it doesn't fit in the regular line by no imagination combined. Which sucks for us, but believe there are people more than happy this won't take up much space

17. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's smaller than the estimates here.

Heck that's smaller than CW combiners, let alone Devastator/Predaking.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well that's interesting. Wasn't aware they do that. Do you think you could ask about who is the next trainbot coming out? I wouldn't have thought they'd give out that information give the combined mode hasn't been revealed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    I was actually more concerned about the height than the order of the figures. I could try. But this time they took anout 5 days to call back.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So 1.5 cm smaller than Ultra Magnus?
    C7B37313-47ED-4761-B3B2-B671CE088061.gif

• Like Like x 10