Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. DigitalBrave3

DigitalBrave3 Collector Canine

Seems like those feet wings are literally formed from the extra bulk of the leg bots. They seem to be parts of their bodies folded up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if we'll be seeing any interesting asymmetry going on there. Getsuei's alt mode is a lot shorter, proportionately, than Yukikaze's, so I wonder if Kaen will be used to make up some of that length difference in the limb.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just perspective, which was what I was trying (poorly) to illustrate. They aren't actually that wide, they just look like that in 2D form without depth or detail visible. What they actually are is long, but at the right angle, length looks like width.

E077776B-1314-4FFC-BDB4-B646EB00D802 (2)22.jpeg

Imagine seeing that, but without any of the details that denote length/depth. It would look wider than it is.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

And like a compliant plastic junkie we enablw them:ev: 

5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    To be fair, this is the image that a lot of people are going off. It shows many of the details (including the leg wings) more clearly.
    27EA2DF4-405F-422F-85D3-B8343E0E70AB.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  6. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

Looks like mp45 syndrome to me. Don't think there's much Takara could have done given the direction they had to take for the alt mode. Moon studio nailed it but at the expense of chibified trains. I think it's great that we have options for people looking for different things in a trainbot set.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Figured out a bit of where pieces are in each mode.

The white bit under the shield is the real front of the train (highlighted in green). The blue bits behind it are the bottom of the train (highlighted in grey). They squeeze together in combined mode and you can see the piece holding them together in the back view at the top. You can see the seam for them in train mode. The wheels behind it are the set on his back in robot mode and the front set in train mode.

The bits at the top of the chest mode are the backs of the feet (highlighted in red).

The picture with the underside of the train mode is differently colored than the rest. They have the pieces between the front sets of wheels in blue when in the other images they are black. The peg here is used to attach the shield in combined mode (highlighted in purple).

The blue bits to the sides of the wheels under the chest shield is the trim from train mode (highlighted in blue). I thought they were solid and filled in with the cream color plastic, but that's actually the plastic you can see behind them.
    Transformers-MPG-01-Trainbot-Shouki-07-h.png Tramformers-MPG-01-Shouki-25-h.png item_tf_mpg-01_09-h.png display-detail-h.png

• Like Like x 13
  8. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Wait, when did that get revealed? If that's a confirmed image of the Takara product then I retract what I said. They're definitely wider than they should be. Which is disappointing. (Unless they eschew partsforming, then it's actually impressive to me.)

9. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's the silhouette from the video with the contrast messed with to reveal the details. That one in particular looks to be TCJJ's attempt.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    I think I realized what really messing with Raiden's proportions: the shoulders are too big. They make him look too wide. I know that mass has to go somewhere, but I think smaller shoulders would have looked better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks. Well then... yeah see my last above post for my stance in that case. :lol  That's marginally disappointing to me, depending upon whether those parts are integrated. Integrated would be very impressive imo. Detached would be disappointing (to me.) Not that I have a dog in the fight, as I'm not getting him. But I still enjoy looking at and analyzing him.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Megamenasortimus Prime

Megamenasortimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Raiden’s right leg looks quite a bit undersized compared to his left for some reason. If that were even it would go along way imo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Some considerations about the "combiner MP and CHUG" question, i'll start from some facts.
    From WFC generation soft reboot (models scaled as correctly as possible, with mother series aesthetic) we have never had a proper combiner, so we don't know which from Devastator or Superion scale is correct, we will know in Legends, i think (my best bet is something betweeen them)
    Masterpiece Combiner does not exist until MPG line: what we can say is that Takara doesn't want partforming, and combiner will be the results of component-scaled-correctly robot.
    With that in mind, 3p attempt to made a own combiner scale, with part forming and all (keep in mind that to have a correct combiner scale, you should have, for example, every constructicons big as MP Ultramagnus, PLUS partforming pieces).
    So MP Combiner Scale (Based on components) =/= 3P combiner scale (based on given combiner height, not the official one) , and this information was available from a week.

Given that, we can say that a future MP Devastator could be something similar in size to UW Devastator.

My two cents.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

If the leg wings are actually made by folded parts of Yukikaze and Getsuei, it seems Takara is going the extra mile in order to keep the combiner short, since it would be totally overkill if yhe purpose is only to avoid partsforming wings (especially given Shouki seems to have a partsforming chest plate). This seems to be an opposite approach compared to UW Devastator where they gave him a leg extension in combined mode.
    I'm curious to see if Takara will make all the combiners the same size as they were in G1 and how they will scale the components, or they'll take an approach more similar to the toys and the Japanese combiners where size was more variable. To my knowledge only the Constructicons appear in official Sunbow scale charts so Takara might have some freedom in that regard. Sadly it will probably take years to know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Think a lot of people assumed the differences in sizes would be negligible on the figure. Size-wise why they would do what they had to do “ to make things fit”. Should have been obvious when we found out Shouki actually fit a train scale that they would be strict about that in comparison to the regular MP line. May also explain why this wasn’t Devastator sizes the difference in sizes would have been more noticeable between some of the bots. It would also explain why that silhouette doesn’t look much like Raiden to me proportion-wise, it reminds me more of a diaclone reboot. Which is a shame because I actually dig his combined mode, but both miss the mark on that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Honestly, I can accept kibble on the legs, but the thing that bothers me about the ankle rockets is that you can clearly see that they're a mess of parts and don't look like rocket guns. It doesn't help that these lumps look more like a cube that the traditional rocket-guns. I feel like in color they would look even more chaotic. At least with something like MP Bee 2.0, the mess was in the rear and you had a clean chest/foot visible to the front.
    I hope that there's some sort of way to have a flatter, simpler surface showing forward even if it's a mess in the back. If not, I wouldn't be shocked if this was the first 3P add on made.

I'm really curious about Kaen (the hips). The actual hips seem pretty tiny - I'm starting to think that Kaen makes up a lot of the legs, possibly down into parts of the shins even. That might explain why so much junk from the leg bots had to be pushed out to the ankle guns.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I wonder if the junk on the feet may be hiding bigger more articulated hands for the combined mode, the ones it has are a bit small proportionally and it would solve both problems.

18. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

That's my current theory...I can't wait for colored pictures in order to have a better idea of how the combined mode works.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well CW/UW Devastator was originally going to be MP Devastator back in 2015. It was then simplified and redesigned a bit to go into Generations, but still kept the original height. So then you had companies like UT or MMC making MP combiners at UW Devastator height without pantsforming, which is probably where most people assumed the MP Combiner height would be at since Takara very likely wouldn't do pantsforming, rather than the 33-35 cm estimate that's been theorized so far.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I know is that I’m already 5 combiners deep and that they all have the same scale as each other… I also plan to display in combined mode, so that takes precedence over alt or individual scale for me.

45265893-BE20-40B6-A7BF-1F44D0571C1C.jpeg

Personally, the only thing the official is doing better are the train modes… A perfect setup would be 3P combined with a ring of tracks with the officials in train mode circling around him… but I’m not paying for that :lol 

Granted, I’m glad to see TT branch out into combiners… maybe that gives hope for a HASLAB Metroplex at some point!

• Like Like x 8