Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So with these MP prototypes out in the wild now, I need an MO Beast Wars Prototype to leak lol

• Like Like x 6
  2. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Damn, going to have to get cracking on watching the Japanese Collection so I actually know what these guys are about before I get them.

Getting them regardless. I hope the Multiforce or Liokaiser are next.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks good, and more importantly to me Generations-like as others have stated. If each component bot is around $50-60 (I doubt it) I may get them for my CHUG collection.

• Like Like x 5
  4. microbot

microbot Well-Known Member

Look good but more like a generation line model ( a leader class?) instead of a real MP. IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

I would say those and as long as the combers hasbro is doing again are devastator size that’d be ok, but mp versions of computron and bruticus the cw ones kinda sucked.

6. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

I can see Takara reusing this mold as the 2001 RID trainbot combiner.

7. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Doesn’t work. Rail racer is only three trains and has a completely different design

• Like Like x 13
  8. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Very intriguing! I have no more than a vague notion of who these train bots are, but I like trains and I like Transformers, so this is cool.

The MP thing is a shame though, as it puts them out of my price range and also means they wouldn't fit with my collection, as I don't buy MP and have no plans to ever do so. It would be nice if they did turn out to be Generations figures after all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. I'm sure it's MP if they say it is, but it certainly looks... CHUGish. I wonder if it'll be a Titan akin to Devastator and Predaking and priced in that range as a boxset or if it'll actually be $600+

• Like Like x 1
  10. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice start! Can't wait to hear about size and quality. He'll probably face off nicely against my TFC Toys Road Caesar.

• Like Like x 1
  11. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Defender of the Ark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually fascinated by Raiden. I went to great lengths to get an original in the early 2000's, only to have to sell it unfortunately, just a few years later. His origins are linked to Devastator (Construction Robots) through Diaclone. Also, while Hasbro seems to have agreed with you (westerners think trains are boring for some reason), In Japan, the Bullet Train is still a widely used public transport, and still holds the fascination of many children and adults alike. If this is scaled to be roughly 18 inches in combined mode, that would be perfect for me. UW Dev and Siege Omega Supreme scale well together, but PotP Predaking, and ER Skylynx obviously don't. Initially I was hoping for a scaled down KO PotP Predaking, like they did for Dev, but if MP Raiden works out, he will be the perfect rival for PotP Predaking (just as they were in the Headmasters Anime).

I have all the UW releases, so I am satisfied with them. I did get CW Computron as well because it was so different from the UW one. But I just call the CW one "Betatron", and UW Computron is the real deal. ;) 

• Like Like x 9
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Yea. Im totally having a geeky fangirl moment now. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

It's very interesting that all these leaks are happening. Makes me wonder if a test shot of MP Skyfire will be showing up soon as well. Probably not, but we can hope!

My thinking on this is that, much like Hasbro, TT are taking WAY too long to reveal these figures. So the leakers are doing the reveals for them. If these MPs are far enough along that they have coloured test shots being made in the factory, why have we not seen the painted prototype marketing shots yet? I was under the impression that painted prototype shots for pre-orders are typically made way in advance of factory test shots. Nightbird's pre-order shots are CAD renders so she most likely doesn't even have a painted prototype yet.

There's really no excuse for Cliffjumper not being officially revealed yet, but for this guy I'm assuming they are trying to get all 6 bots far enough along so that they can show us a painted prototype of the full combiner at preorder time for the first bot. But I still think they should have shown a CAD render of the combined mode or something a lot earlier. This Raiden reveal process is getting ridiculous.

Also, I think because they have only shown the CAD sketch and now there's a leaked prototype of only the first bot and not the rest, that this most likely answers the question of how these will be sold. I believe they will be sold individually. Hopefully the rumour of the toon version and the Diaclone version being sold at the same time for each train bot pans out. It seemed to work well for Skids and I think they should have been doing that for all the car bots to give people the choice of which version they want to buy. It may also keep the prices lower because the mold is getting 2 or 3 uses right away.

• Like Like x 5
  14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    No... clearly the transparent parts will be painted on or reinforced with some high grade materials. That's just clearly a test shot and OBVIOUSLY NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT READY FOR HIGH END COLLECTORS.

• Like Like x 3
  15. robot1point0

robot1point0 Well-Known Member

Can\'t wait really like the idea of a train transformer that combines will be for sure picking up

16. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This unprofessional, unofficial leak does lend a bit more credence to the Cliffjumper leak. I'm just surprised that Takara is not shutting down these leaks like they used to. They used to be in control of the release of information on their brands.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I think the odds are high they're going for how the JP release of of the RiD JRX trainbots did, which is horrible----the entire sides of the loco are molded in clear, then they paint 90% of the sides, so as to have clear windows.

Looked terrible back then, and lead to multiple later revisions with the US versions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Can someone please leak MP Galvy already?

The train mode on this looks great.

• Like Like x 5
  19. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    It won’t be long now, Zeta reveal coming soon.!

• Like Like x 2
  20. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Twist! It's all on purpose by Takaratomy's PR geniuses. Or so I'm throwing conspiracies around. :lol 

• Like Like x 1