Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if they were able to drop the price a bit by offering both toon and toy versions at the same time? Maybe that's one of the reasons why Skids is pretty cheap? If they get their repaint money right away maybe they can lower the price?

That rumored price sounds way too low to me. Easier on the wallet if it's true but it makes me nervous about MPs using less paint etc. going forward. Maybe TT is trying to expand the MP price range by having the less prominent characters at lower prices? Soundwave V2 would probably be a higher spec release but maybe combiners and characters like Skids will be lower spec releases?

• Like Like x 2
  2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    That was my exact thought with Skids, characters we would like to make but wouldn't make sense at the pricepoint they sell figures at normally. We may have to make some reductions, but the designers get to make some of the bots they want to make and fans get some of the bots they've been asking for that wouldn't have happened otherwise could be their thinking on that. Then again I'm thinking Skyfire's price won't be as crazy as people think it is.

• Like Like x 3
  3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'd definitely be down for the alternate Diaclone colors. They were very nice.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Might be tough getting both at once. I'd prefer getting to spend time with one for a bit and then latter getting an alternate deco. I'm a toon guy, but the toy Megatron really grabbed me. So I've been thinking having a self of toy guys would be nice (Where's MP-44+ and MP-47+?). When I first ordered Spinout my thinking was I could have him commanding Raiden since I don't really have a connection to Raiden. The problem being then a toy Raiden would make more sense for that, but toon is my main focus. I haven't gotten a Star Saber yet and he falls more into the Raiden category for me as far as familiarity. I guess I could use that to reason going with the toy deco over the toon deco.

Well that was helpful for thinking it all through. Thanks for listening.
    tumblr_mqqxk9WVaq1r5gx8xo1_400.gif
    Pst @ThatGuyCalledBlaster what'd you use to get Starscream on that "teach you this lesson" .gif. Shockwave could work here.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Say no more...

ShockTherapy.gif

(I use Gifntext to add the images over the original, as well as text and such. And then when needed, I take that gif into EZGif so it can be uploaded due to TFW's hard limit on file size)

• Like Like x 2
  6. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They were able to get multiple licensors to work together for Raiden.

• Like Like x 5
  7. cybergirl007

cybergirl007 Member

I am hoping that they release Raiden as one set as i don't want to wait 3 years for the complete set
    If they release one every other month i would be down for that however the shipping is still going to be an issue if individual releases

• Like Like x 2
  8. AJthecybermon64

AJthecybermon64 Autobot maintenance and wellbeing officer

I want raiden but I'm not really interested in masterpiece or 3rd party figures because I'm scared I might brake them but I do agree the trainbots getting a new figure after so long is great to hear because the only train transformer we been getting the most of was astrotrain and I'm tired of him yes I do love steam trains but seeing the same character does get quite annoying so this is a nice change

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  9. AJthecybermon64

AJthecybermon64 Autobot maintenance and wellbeing officer

Well believe it or not raiden did make a appearance in English media as part of a English dub for a transformers video game that was a Japan exclusive but I forgot what the name was but my guess was raiden

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    If they release it all at once we're going to need a few years to build up that kinda cash to afford it.

11. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

I figure they’ll start off with 1 at a time, and maybe release a box set when they’ve all been released individually

• Like Like x 5
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Yup. Poseidon, SS Devy, and the upcoming Menasor are all HasTak getting people used to piecemeal combiners teams.

And I'm absolutely fine with it. You give people a chance to start out small, and if any time they bail out they can sell their figures to someone who missed out.

• Like Like x 3
  13. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Sorry, what?

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Reliable leaks suggest there will be a new Menasor, likely in the WfC style, broken up across multiple waves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Holy shit man. Thanks!

They are my favorite combiner team! Amazing news!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

I get why they're doing him first (since Menasor was widely regarded as the weakest one in CW), but I really wish they'd started off with someone else (like maybe Bruticus or Defensor, since both of them had torsos with widespread QC issues) Out of all of the G1 combiners, Menasor is probably my least favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    People are saying that's why...but my guess is something else: Namely, they're seeing the success of 3Ps making a Motormaster/cab and Menasor/trailer type figure...and have figured out how to deliver one as a pretool for PMOP.

[​IMG]

Look at that. HasTak could take a lesson from this and figure out how to make an articulated PMOP body from a trailer that combines with a cab that turns in to Prime.

From there, you adjust the arms and legs to hold the other Stunticons and you've got Menasor.

• Like Like x 2
  18. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Even though Menasor is the biggest cheatformer combiner to ever exist, it does not mean TT likes the 3P approach. TT has shown that they HATE parts forming. I agree, I don't see any way for a CARTOON Menasor to ever be conceived any other way.

I'm personally buying the FT version (for MP) and the Ms version as that thing is just impossible to resist. But yeah, they both cheat all the way to hell (again, I understand why).

I guess time will tell.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    TT hates fake parts? I think you mean parts-forming.

• Like Like x 9
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

If this is the kind of engineering we're looking at with this Menasor then I have no interest whatsoever. I think attaching the members of the combiner team should be a requirement for a combiner. I don't think that's asking too much.

• Like Like x 7