Transformers "Raiden" Project

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It's just really bugging me though that I'm sure I saw the same content posted by a TFW member at one point, but can't locate it for the life of me!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    nah, it's like to say that the Deluxe generations Rattrap is a stand in for BW Masterpiece

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    If you are comparing OX with United Warriors, I agree with you, but if this is made to "MP" level then no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BxChris8669

BxChris8669 Well-Known Member

Isn't TW making Raiden too?

5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think the scale set by 3P is perfect for combiners. By going the UW route I'm sure there is more playability, better articulation and all that. And yes, I do also understand that at the end of the day, the MP scale is set by TT, no one else.

I mean, I'm not surprised. TT hates partsforming/panstforming/having parts than don't serve a purpose. I guess I just like the overall size 3P combiners offer, it is simply a sight to behold on one's collections and happens to be my preference even will the insane amount of cheating parts, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    No, apparently i can't read anymore... I've read that the CHUG combiners can stand in for MP, nvm

7. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

ah

8. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

N scale would honestly be hilarious. That's like Micromaster sized.

My best guess for train scales would be S gauge (maybe OO) Anything bigger is too big and anything smaller is too small.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    フィギュア王No.27

◆ MP skids coloring prototype and color variation products released. There is also an interview with the developer, Mitsuhito Ohno.

It seems that two bodies, the skids that transform into City Turbo and the new character "Reboost" that transforms into City R Red, are scheduled to be released at the same time.

According to the interview, the skids will not come with the Motocompo like the G1 product, and the Reboost will come with the Motocompo. A human figure attached to other MP products can be boarded in the driver's seat in car mode.

He also commented on future MP products, and said that trainbots and skyfire are currently in progress. Trainbot Leiden is the Unite Warriors

The size is close to. This probably means the size of a five-combined combiner other than Devaster in the series.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

I was thinking that Takara migh also try to make the trains fit it with one of the miniature train sizes for added play value.
    If we go by a popular miniature train size (e.g. H0), would that add up to make Raiden similar in size to a United combiner (be it a small one or large one)?

11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Just to be clear, all of what you've copied and pasted there is from the blog, so it means that Autobase Aichi isn't quite sure what Ohno meant by Unite Warriors size. The only thing confirmed is that that part of the interview isn't clear even for Japanese speakers.

• Like Like x 5
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, nothing confirmed but when actual readers of japanese are making that assumption from reading it it seems more and more likely versus us google translating it. I'm guessing their assumption reading it ,is if scaled to Devastator they would have came out and said that specifically, versus the more ambiguous Unite Warrior line . With UW devastor and Predaking, him scaling with them would make sense at least to us anyway

Troublesome part is 12 inches make some sense. They can sell it as an obvious gift set for about the price of Prime. They focus less production time on it then a fully realized MP Raiden. The price is more compatible with peoples pockets. They'll lose some potential MP buyers but would probably pick up train and the sh!ts and giggle crowd, who would probably pick it up bring a one of a kind product.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sheesh, I'm guessing Sparkplug is a retired 'Marine, and I mean Imperial Space Marine. He looks like he could barely fit into any of the Constructicons in alt mode going by those pics.

• Like Like x 2
  14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's funny how the Insects are bigger than Megatron's alt mode. Those have to be some gigantic insects.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mugenlazlo

Mugenlazlo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally, a combiner in the Masterpiece toyline. Now if only they would do Devastator and Predaking.

16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    TakaraTomy has consistently referred to it as Masterpiece Raiden, so that's definitely how it'll be marketed and packaged.

It'll be to UW scale though and for now it's up in the air whether that means Devastator height or Motormaster height. The former would obviously scale better with other MP figures, but the latter would be easier on the wallet and be better suited for tiny-ass Japanese apartments. Not a lot of display real estate here lol

To clarify, Ōno said "similar to Unite Warriors size" in the interview. This is ambiguous, but as @jackisking said, Devastator is the outlier size wise, so the quote seems to indicate it would be similar in size to the smaller combiners.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Takara doesn’t know these words.

• Like Like x 5
  18. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And also missing the text middle (egg on my face). But looking at the Constructicons, they should honestly be larger in relation to their alt modes (unless they are comparable to Skyfire, Astrotrain and Broadside and the like).

19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see that, especially with the changing sizes from the G1 show. I do prefer the larger scale with or without partsforming, but I do think it's isn't a terrible size.
    Then again, at least there will be the larger 3rd party version coming out... sometime. So there's always that option (still don't know if it's partsforming or not, it's a lot of leg for one bot that size).

Unless the idea of them being UW Superion height turns out to be true, in which case the 3rd party would be the only MP option.

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Can we start collecting nickels every time someone else asks this?

• Like Like x 10