Transformers R.E.D. Series Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UtahRobotInDisguise, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    They put that insane an crunch into Megs but couldn’t give them double jointed elbows?

• Like Like x 3
  2. sladeprime

sladeprime Check the earth. It might be Unicron.

News Credits:
    Now where\'s Metroplex?

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm torn here. These are... not impressive. At the same time, the line could get better, and then I might be mad if I let Prime and Megatron pass me by. Oh well. I think I will keep my pre-orders but I really hope Hasbro does better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shockwave1

shockwave1 Free to go...to Cybertron

I guess Hasbro is trying the 6 inch scale line with every property they own? I did place a pre order for all 3 that were available from WM. But I do have the Fewture Ex Gokin Grimlock for scale. But once I receive Hasbro's Prime and I feel the same way from the review I might pick up the Fewture Ex Gokin Prime instead.

5. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

It feels that way doesn't it? Especially with the new GI Joe 6" line. I don't think we're the target audience for these figures though. I think they're going to be aimed at people who don't really collect toys but have a few action figures on their desk at work.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Pass.
    Ill stick to the Amazing Revoltech G1 Optimus Prime if I want a super poseable non- transforming action Figure.

• Like Like x 3
  7. nathaniel Meza

nathaniel Meza Member

I can see why people are dissapointed with these. I\'m a bit too but hopefully they improve as time goes on because I really want this line to succeed since were getting different types of TF media like Prime and Beast wars. And maybe animated if we get there. Hopefully we do

• Like Like x 4
  8. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    Tbh I can see this line becoming something similar to McFarlane’s DC line. Pretty rough out of the gate, but improvements are made slowly every wave. One can only hope I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The PVC didn’t surprise me since their other 6” lines use PVC as well. Would’ve been cool to see ABS but the price could’ve gone up....and given the hindrances to articulation as is..switching to a better material for a sharper sculpt would make the edges look better but not get rid of the core issue.

These are a step backwards articulation-wise compared to all the other 6” $19.99 Hasbro figures this year.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Optitron98

Optitron98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    While true, this is Hasbro who had to learn the hard way to make quality toys with the Marvel and Star Wars collector series. I want them to be better because the potential is there with the accessories and lack of hollowness, but this feels like an unjustified rought start when they have shown to make similar products that were fantastic.

• Like Like x 4
  11. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I actually had high hopes for this line, but these look like shit. If it can't transform why is the articulation so lacking? Ab-crunch but no butterfly and extremely limited ankle tilt. The thigh swivel is just plain ugly too, should've been at the hip like their transforming figures. If people like this line and support it great for them, but these just look cheap to me I'm out.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Revoltech Chip Chase

I know that it’s common for a lot of folks in the fandom to turn their noses up at non-transforming figures, but some of the benefits include more articulation, a clean silhouette void of kibble, and a more show accurate aesthetic. There’s clearly a market for this. If there wasn’t, Hasbro/Takara wouldn’t have allowed for their IP to appear in the Kaiyodo Revoltech, Flame Toys, or Sentinel lines.

But the execution of the RED series leaves a lot to be desired so far.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    Yeah, it makes me wonder if that’s why this line is Walmart exclusive. Maybe this is just supposed to cheaply test the market for non-transforming TFs? But still, not a good way to leave a first impression. I’m not gonna cancel my POs, but I’m a tad underwhelmed at how these look.

14. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Bargain bin incoming. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    When offered, they were probably the only retailers that went for it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    I'm not disputing the market for this.

But 30 years old S.H.B.M. were better designed and made than this RED crap.

Also, if Hasbro/Takara wanted, they could design transformers that have less kibble, but they're lazy, so they compensate with this RED crap.

At this point, only the super mega expensive Masterpieces have great designs and actually transform. But you have to get a second mortgage to get them (I'm looking at you Beast Wars Megs)

More power to those who like them RED figures.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Revoltech Chip Chase

I wouldn’t call them lazy. Engineering a toy that transforms while keeping it within a certain size class and development budget isn’t easy. If it was, everyone on this site would be mass producing toys out of their garages and basements.

• Like Like x 3
  18. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    The SS86 and Kingdom TFTM figures coming out next year are shaping up to be hyper show accurate AND articulated. Plus, they transform! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    No the poster just didn't use the arm swivel plus it has dual hinges on it's shoulders that the main one isn't even being used. These walmart guys keep changing my "estimated arrival time" it's now 10/1 but that's the 4,the change from the original September 2nd.

20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    One would think at the very least, that these could move better than SS86/Kingdom figures, let alone Marvel Legends from 10 years ago! Sadly that’s not really the case.

A 6” Ghostbuster from Hasbro from this year moves better than these and the 6” Ghostbusters have largely standardized articulation for 6” Hasbro figures from recent years.

• Like Like x 3