Transformers R.E.D. Series Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UtahRobotInDisguise, Jun 24, 2020.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Evergreen and whatever else would likely come next, but you and I both know if they made these and didn't start with G1, someone would complain and the hate train would leave the station for a worldwide tour. It's basically what Bruce was trying to tell Sam about wanting a better position at his job... You have to start somewhere else, first.

Revoltech figures didn't really serve a purpose, and yet, they have an audience to the point that 3rd parties produced their own to go with them. Though, Action Master transforming bases to go with these would've been a selling point.

Covering their bases? Trying something "new"? I don't get it, either, but this isn't the first time Hasbro has done something we couldn't figure out. If it somehow works out, I think we'll be having a very different discussion down the road.

2. Lightningsonic

Lightningsonic Well-Known Member

I think this is stupid. There are legend scale that are toon accurate. Why make a non transforming one ?
    But it will actually useful if they make these for movie design.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I think I'd also be interested if that made Wheeljack or Grimlock.

4. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

if the megatron is big enough he may become my new chug megatron

• Like Like x 1
  5. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

These are nice! I'm not sure how successful they'll be but its a neat idea to hit some of those accuracies that are hard to get on a transforming toy for a decent enough price.

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At first, I thought this was ridiculous and an overreaction...but then this post here:

Gives it some credence. That worries me. I don't want them to stop transforming and I'm worried people will, in fact, switch to something like that in large numbers. Guess I better get what I can where and when I can, because we might be seeing the end of Transformers as they're meant to be.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Alternatively, it's a way to get popular characters out on shelves at a variety of price points. People (especially kids) who want a Prime or Megatron now have a $20 option versus the $30 and $50 versions. And having seen younger kids play with Transformers...sometimes the transformation isn't as critical.

There's also the possibility that Hasbro is testing if these sell well enough to delve back in to a more Action Master style line where there are vehicles and accessories that can transform for the popular characters to ride and use. If it tanks, it tanks, but they're not going to kill the line. Especially since these seem tied to Walmart. Go in to Walmart sometime and really pay attention to the toy aisle. They've got stuff you see at Target...but they also often have exclusive sublines that offer things at a budget.

That could be what these are. A Walmart exclusive subline meant to deliver popular characters at a price point that's more appealing than some of the Generations/Studio Series lines equivalents. I don't like them, I probably won't buy them, but I can see where this could find a niche with Walmart.

Probably too early to assume that. I'd lean towards everybody being roughly the same height so they all look good together on shelves. If it does well enough for multiple price points maybe they'll do that. But I don't think that's the focus right now.

• Like Like x 3
  8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This strangely makes me appreciate MP-36 & 44 even more.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I'm kind of sick of g1 megatron and optimus prime as of late.

I'd like to see Omega Spreem please.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm almost there with you. Earthrise is close but not close enough. If we have to sacrifice transformation to finally get the Megatron we need for CHUG, then I guess I'll take this instead.

All that said, I do wish these included a dash of die-cast metal.

11. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    That's why I didn't really mind when Flame Toys were doing their model kits. They were newish designs and IDW designs that didn't get official figures. Even ReAction I gave a pass to, even though I think the idea of Transformers in a Kenner 3.75" style seems a little weird.

These though? I don't know man. Sunbow style, Gundam Universe-looking engineering. They just don't look good and I fear that they're going to hinder other lines.

12. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

siege megatron is 7 inches so i hope these guys are around seven inches like how marvel legends are 6 inch scale but some are 8 inches tall

13. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Hard pass for me.

If they had transforming partner and were named "Action Masters", we might have a successful product...

But this is just more streamlining into the Marvel Legends line. 1st GI Joe, now this.

The reason seems clear: ML toys are cheaper to make, but have the same high selling point ($20) as TF deluxes.

These Hasbro toys are NOT that high end, and no rich collector will replace a nice statue with these. The poorer collectors have a hard enough time buying mainline releases; they will not cancel Earthrise Optimus for this. So I think this line is doomed because of the proliferation of toys Hasbro already releases.

Edit: TF Selects release would work best, imo. Make these exclusive to Pulse or do a subscription type service (like MotU). Exclusivity would help, given the limited market for these. Just my opinion.

If these go to stores, we could have a Hero Mashers situation again. They clog shelves and block Generations mainline orders...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  14. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Non transforming transformers just what everyone has been asking for

15. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    This would be perfect for Pretenders! This is pretty much exactly what I wanted in a new pretender. A fully articulated Blood would be killer.

• Like Like x 3
  16. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Think I need to screen-cap the front page... my first news cred. :rock 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    What a shocker!
    Same here, I didn't like siege, I only tolerated it.
    I agree. That is a valid worry. I'm not fully jumping ship, but I will dramatically cut down on my main line.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    People have been saying that since <insert subline they personally didn't like>.

If it doesn't sell, Hasbro will dump it. Just like we saw them abandon the Titan Heroes for Transformers despite continuing on with them for Marvel and Star Wars.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Haslab

• Like Like x 1
  20. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't hate this idea, though I usually avoid non-transforming figures. But I hope they branch out beyond just the standard '84 lineup.