Transformers R.E.D. Series Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UtahRobotInDisguise, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is were we’re gonna see Generations Action Masters, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  2. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    I could see this line really selling well if they had the bots at $20, and a separate alt mode version for $10 or less so both could be displayed, without seams and "cartoony". It'd make it more palatable and profitable. Give hunters more to collect... "Hey, I found robot prowl, now I just have to find his police car!"

• Like Like x 3
  3. misterd

misterd Multifaceted nerd

I think that's unnecessary. TF's aren't going to require super articulation. Heck, from these promoshots, we already have $20 transforming figures with better sculpts and articulation than the RED figures. If they are dumping transformation, they could easily do $20-25 figures with even better articulation. I think they dropped the ball with these two figures, but maybe they look better in hand.

4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Alpha Trion has been released in a non-Transforming line twice now (Ex Gokin and Reaction). I'd say he and Elita-1 are probably ahead of some of the 84-86 toy cast as possibilities. I wouldn't be shocked by Action Masters.

I wish we could get some comparison pics to Earthrise as "6 inch" from Hasbro has meant everything from just under 6 inches per 6 feet to 6.5+ inches per 6 feet with some figures at 7 inches.

These could plug into a WFC/Studio Series collection if Hasbro wants to keep that option open.

Some ML even have the Bandai stand hole like TFs have. I hope these use that in a hard to see place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Say it again for the folks in the back!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Well, at $70, they could have diecast parts, premium paint, accessories, and a more premium feel. Like comparing the Banpresto Dragonball to the Figuarts.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not my cup of tea. Things like this have been done before, they weren't the biggest sellers from what I personally can remember. (Though, to be fair, my area is just one and doesn't represent the entire nation. Just saying, we sat on "action figures" of Transformers for years after they came out. Especially those Unleashed things...)

8. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll only be interested if they do the original Action Masters and other non-transforming characters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I... don't hate the idea of this. I actually kinda like the look of those. But it seems I'm in the minority, haha.

That being said, just once, I wish one of these non-transforming lines would use actual Actionmaster characters. Like, a line like this, but featuring Rad, and Mainframe, and Skyfall, etc....

• Like Like x 13
  10. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

To be fair, you're comparing a $50 product to a $20 product. Though of course, the trailer is part of that as well. Take the trailer out and it's probably a $30 product to a $20 product. I do agree with you though, that given all the recent G1 focused products they've released that actually DO transform like Earthrise/Siege and the MP series, I really don't have any interest in these that don't transform and don't look as good as that other stuff. (or at least not appreciably better)

11. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

oh wow...guess I will be starting a new collection. Love these.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Driskull98

Driskull98 Icon by @Bugbrainzart on Twitter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I like how they couldn't even be bothered to make them more generalized like using the Evergreen designs or something, no it's just more Sunbow crap as if the rest of the franchise isn't already 90% dominated by it.

Action Masters at least had the transformation element intact with transforming partners and weapons. These are just basic action figures that don't serve any purpose.

Exactly. Generations is the collector-focused line so why even bother with these?

13. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Wow. I actually like these. I’m a bot-mode collector, anyway. I’d buy everything in this line.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

All I see in these is yet another opportunity for Hasbro to foolishly compete with itself for shelf space...

• Like Like x 8
  15. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

You know what? I am so down for this. Yes they may not transform but... look at the end of the day when I look at my shelf of figures, I realize for most of them it's EXTREMELY rare for me to pull them off the shelf and just casually mess with the figure, especially if the transformation is just so complicated, at the end of the day I'm here for the robots so if you give me the option to have just solid interpretations of the robots? I'm down for it, especially if this line gets big enough that we can start having build-a-figures for the combiners or hell, since these internally were referred to as "G1 Red", I'd be curious to see if much they like what they did with their Lightning Collection figures if they're willing to branch out to other series.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Okay, but then stores like Walmart wouldn't carry them and nobody would buy them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

6-inch action figures? I can't hate on that - 6-inch action figures have been the bread-and-butter of my toy collecting since 1998.
    It is still very strange to me to have a Megatron toy that is not silver - that toon look is not my favorite, but I don't hate how these look.
    If they keep going - I wonder how they handle scale, or if everyone is just 6 inches tall?
    Neat.

I'm gonna bet these are not aimed at life-long Transformers fans, who want to transform stuff, but at people picking up other toy lines.

• Like Like x 1
  18. butz

butz slippery when wet

Megatron looks kinda neat, but Prime looks bad. I don't think I need non-transforming versions of these guys. Also, Actionmasters at least came with transforming accessories and vehicles and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zahrumac

Zahrumac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm mildly excited at the idea of using this as an avenue for some really wacko designs that could benefit from articulation (pretender armors like Stranglehold would rule as full-fleshed figures), however I worry it'll just be the usual case of releasing 4-8 figures based on "safe" 84-85 mainstay charas and maybe some of the 86 movie cast then dying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

This is literally the first thing in years, outside of MP, that Hastak has done that I am interested in. They look great for $20 toys, and I’ll probably be picking them all up.

To the naysayers, this definitely isn’t for everyone. I’m sure you didn’t like TF reaction either, and that’s fine too. Just know there is a market for this, I’m stoked.

Also, for the ones saying $20 isn’t high end (and I 100% agree with you), Super7 is currently working on a G1 line of non-transforming Transformers Ultimates that will be 7” scale for $45. It just hasn’t been announced yet. Hopefully that line will be even better than this line, but the S7 Voltron Ultimate figure leaves me with some doubt they can pull off robot sculpts.

• Like Like x 6