Transformers R.E.D. Series Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UtahRobotInDisguise, Jun 24, 2020.

1. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that this 2020 was "The Year of Arcee" for 3 figures that are going to come out of she (And Arcee Prime), but I see that Cheetor is stepping on his high heel shoes. lol

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Well, it's not that this line replaces the normal transformers line. This is the Hasbro "premium" line for the static figure, that already have a representation in the real premium lines (For real premium lines i'm talking about 3 Zero, Masterpiece, Movie Masterpieces, etc).
    With the WFC, Studio Series and now the Action Masters 2.0 (RED) they covered all the "affordable premium line" spots in the market.

Edit: to be clear, this line takes nothing from the resources given to other transformers line, they need only a sculptor and the figure is pratically done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what characters would work well in the R.E.D. line, maybe they could do characters that don't transform. Who do you guys think they should do?

4. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nova prime? He had an alt mode, but was never really used. And nexus prime as a build a figure might be nice. Transmutate, as well as moon and her friend from beast wars 2

5. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Do you mean Artemis, because Moon was the rabbit and is a he.

6. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh shoot, moon was a guy? Well, those Were the two I meant. And maybe a browning too? We can never get a gun alt for him, so maybe he should join megatron too

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well this suddenly got a lot more interesting, I hope we might get some figures of the unproduced animated characters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Yeah all of the characters that turned into real guns should be released in this line.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would actually love TFA figures like this. They would need to make Prime, Bulkhead, and everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thats probably for the best. Everything they make a tank megs, he always a bit off. So this is the line where I guess all guns go. This line might be useful
    If it stops being Walmart based of course

11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes there's definitely some potential for this line if it lasts. I mean I really want Animated MPs but if we got slavish animation models for them, particularly the few that could be seen as not already that (Lugnut, Bumblebee in a different sense) or characters not originally done. If they won't redo VW Bee I'll take it here. Definitely action masters, I'll add
    Oh I nearly didn't think of this despite that failed kickstarter being on mind, action figures of the pretender shells? They might be picky about which ones still look like Transformers but you know the monster ones at least if not shirtless buff man. I mean there's versions of Longtooth, Bludgeon and Thunderwing where those shells are just the robot or if shells still fit in more with other TFs, not that I wouldnt take slavish ones but being realistic and whatever they do they wont actually be shells. If this is a chance at official IDW designs I'd take a shot at more than the Rungs and Fulcrums who would be the main attraction. If they can do Sunbow aesthetic they can do 100% Roche/Burcham ones too or Sarah Stone Windblade cast, and while I'm gonna get into MMC probably the most feasible mainline way to do Milne's details justice.
    Even if they stay unfortunately focused on G1, you've got the Devcons, Alpha Trions and Bruticus but short
    OH SHIT WAIT XAARON I actually really want that
    but also if I'm going to buy novelty figures slavishly representing Sunbow's quirks I dont think I need them to transform and also be $1000 so I'm open to some of those of main characters in this line being repeated while also glad we know there's better to come

I feel like 6' works for the majority but if it takes off hope there's some size variety; something their similar lines do. BaFs, larger Overwatch releases, varying success in value for smaller Black Series figures.

These aren't the most exciting figures but they do look very good and the size is what I want so willing to pick up some of them earlier on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I think some of the more obvious characters would be Alpha Trion and Autobot Spike. They're well known characters from G1 who never really got alt-modes. I actually think the Quintessons would be a good fit for this series if they weren't getting one in Generations.

For other series, Transmutate from Beast Wars?

13. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Id say they are more than likely to make Sunbow season 1 Autobots and Decepticons.

14. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    What about Nightbird?

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You're right, that slipped my mind. There's also the recently named Halonus Maximus, but he'd need to be a big release.

16. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna get these, because of the cost. Transformers are b ecomming too expensive now. I will also see what Super7 does. I don't really transform my stuff that much anyways, but I think this line will offer more characters and variants at a quicker pace.

17. OriginalFire

News Credits:
    They also take up less space.

18. OriginalFire

News Credits:
    The Bumblebee says its red. What character uses the Bumblebee mold and is red. Or is there a Red version I am unfamiliar with.

19. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

These are basically larger, more articulate Action Masters.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Puma transforms into a chupathingy. I like it. It's got a ring to it.

~L~