Transformers R.E.D. Series Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UtahRobotInDisguise, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

Man I am happy I got my preorder in for Arcee right when she was announced. Her and Knockout are the only ones I have interest in.

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I am... super disapointed by RED cheetor. There are a bunch of things wrong with it. I'm really not a fan of the back kibble at all. The rings at the top of the legs look really weird. The colour is not all that nice. Face is weird.

It's just really disappointing. They went for very screen accurate, nicely painted figures for the rest.. and for cheetor went... somewhere..

I'm a pretty easy to please guy, but this doesn't please me.

3. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    A whoopee cushion. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I don't have the room for these, but they look great. Will be interesting if this line lasts to see if/how they expand on the roster.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    R.E.D. Cheetor has plenty of issues. That being said, he looks leagues better than the Kingdom toy. That figure really is a dud amongst an otherwise stellar first wave. The utter lack of paint and color break up makes him look like a Playschool toy.

6. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You can remove the back legs if you don’t like them too much C8A45D74-71D9-4062-A75D-066FB7AED1DF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I know. I don't mean "Oh, he has too much back kibble", I mean, "the back kibble looks wrong". That back kibble, to me, has always been pretty iconic for Cheetor and Tigatron. But that picture shows what i'm talking about. Those disks at the top of the leg are too small, and I don't like how they encased in a more ovular shape.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Wow. Cheetor is 0 from 3.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Color me unimpressed. I was considering getting him to display alongside my BW figures with Kingdom Cheetor alongside in beast mode, but I just don’t like how he scales compared to how well Kingdom Cheetor scales next to the Kingdom toys. Also, that face is really off. Even the picture on the box looks off. I was hoping the gut gun accessory might be stolen to give to Kingdom Cheetor and even though PrimevsPrime’s review shows it kinda can, I don’t really care for it. Besides, I’m not spending $20 just for an accessory. I’m hoping a weapons pack like the one with Centurion will include the gun. If not, I guess I’ll just have to live with Cheetor not having his iconic weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    Hhhmmmm.... Cheetor looks good but not great. I think my two biggest issues here are the face sculpt is off and looks more like Dinobot and the cheetah leg kibble on the back isn't quite right. The oval parts are too small and the legs don't bend in that much on the show. Also, no pink on the gut gun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

This toyline looks horrible

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrLemming

MrLemming Well-Known Member

Oh god... his freaking cheetah head has red eyes too...? Seriously Hasbro? Did he spend too much time with Tigatron on one of his relaxation stints with the “special” incense?

13. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

lol, yea?

Maybe to you, but this line seems to be hitting a lot of notes for a lot of people. The biggest issue with a transforming figure is it has to look good in both modes for the most part, the biggest benefit of having these figures be robot mode only action figures is they look -shockingly- accurate to their source material. Thats a feature which, especially in beast wars, is near impossible except at a MP scale where they have the budget to pull off the witchcraft the show demanded if it wanted to have physical toys.

Do all of them look great? no. I was quite disappointed by the puffy sculpt and lame cape that coronation Starscream has, but this Cheetor look amazing. Looks a hell of a lot more show accurate than the recent kingdom figure, if you're fine sacrificing the alt mode. Arcee looks wonderful too, the only major issue i see with this line is since they're all 6inch scale, they all dont really scale with eachother? that's something i know a ton of fans are concerned about. Starwars, power rangers, and marvel legends get away with a consistent 6 inch line because 9/10 times their characters are just people sized. that benefit is totally lost on 6 inch transformers action figures, where character sizes range on a scale of Rat to City.

They're not for everyone, but if they use this line to give us more unique characters like the DJD or some more Unicron trilogy stuff, that would be killer I think. Its awesome that in wave 2 we're already seeing some serious generational breakup with BW and Prime. Lots of people are feeling a g1 burnout as of late so some variety is nice. They not perfect, but they're very very far from 'horrible'.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think the reason the head sculpt looks slightly too sinister for Cheetor is because maybe they plan to repaint this down the line into Shadow Panther

• Like Like x 2
  15. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
    Dreamworks cheetor

16. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Personally I think Megatron looks good next to my Devastator

Image (1).jpeg Image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    So a series of figures that aim for accuracy just throws that away when it comes to beast wars? This cheetor is such a disappointment. Everything about him is just a let down. Even my gf who knows very little about the show said to me that he looks like dinobot. What’s their plan here? The colours, the face and most importantly his proportions are all wrong. Huge pass from me! What a let down hasbro!

• Like Like x 2
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I know what you mean. To me they almost look like if the legs were part of a transforming figure and the shape was compromised for the sake of the alt mode... but on a non-transforming toy they shouldn't be this small and inaccurate.

And to me, and to others. The disappointment with RED is obvious from any discussion about it, and it's not just people hating on non-transforming toys, it's the fact that it's amateurish, inconsistent, and doesn't serve much of a purpose. There's no unifying scale or style, and so few characters go together with each other on top of just not being individually appealing.

There's nothing RED has done so far that legitimizes it. Arguably Arcee is the best figure, because paint aside she is at least physically accurate, but she scales with no existing toys and will definitely not scale with any upcoming RED Prime figures. (as she was the smallest character in the show and yet is the same height as every other release) But Cheetor isn't accurate, he doesn't look appealing, and isn't that much more articulated than your average transforming figure. Hell, even the G1 figures aren't consistent.

So really, what's the point?

But Cheetor isn't accurate, not in the slightest, so that's already proven false.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FemmeHighbeam

FemmeHighbeam TF Fangirl

Instagram:
    I like the R.E.D. Optimus, Megatron and Soundwave, and TFP Arcee looks good for the most part (disappointed in the paint accent color choice) but I definitely won't be getting this Cheetor. This has me worried about the rumored Knock Out figure. I really hope they don't screw that up...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1