Transformers Producer Promises G.I. Joe Crossover Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RazorX3000, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Thats really what I think the problem is. They want More Now instead of later, but the thing about that is that you have to earn it.

Marvel didn’t make the MCU in one film, it took them years before we got the first Avengers. These days studios want the cinematic universe money but don’t want to put forth the work and they fail every time. You have to make audiences care first otherwise it means nothing.

What they should have done is a “soft remake” of the 2007 film with a group of soldiers pulled into the Autobot and Decepticon war as it makes it way to Earth, have those soldiers be Duke, Scarlet, Roadblock, etc. Then at the end have them be recruited into GI Joe and have that lead to it’s own movie. Then have the team up movie.

Really, the idea is perfect and works really well. The problem is that they can’t hire competent writers and want to rush straight into a massive crossover blockbuster becuase they think they’ll just instantly rake in Avengers money.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lorenzo and Bay are the wrong people, and have been the wrong people for a decade. Those two names should strike fear in the hearts of any franchise fan.

"Dude it looks like a Gundam movie is in production!" "wow who's producing / directing?" ...."Lorenzo and Bay" "oh F@#$, guess I'll never see a good Gundam movie, at least there's quality anime to watch..."

• Like Like x 4
  3. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

Madame Web should be a red flag for Hasbro. As should Transformers Last Knight, GI Joe Retalirion, Rise of Cobra and Snake Eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Michchall

Michchall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yet Bay was the one that saved us from Gi Joe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh you mean, he held out before signing on....?

6. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

whenever i hear their names i shit my pants and breakdown crying

• Like Like x 3
  7. Skyflare

Skyflare Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I feel like Michael Bay is exactly the director for G.I. Joe. His love for military and human action is ideal for G.I. Joe. We've met him during TF movie production and he is a cool dude to meet. He's very passionate about what he does and sure loves to talk about it as well. TFw2005 site owner Tony B. said they had a great time on set with him.

• Like Like x 14
  9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    On paper he feels like a director who's better suited to GI Joe than he ever was for Transformers.

I'm skeptical he could make it a success though, I look at his films and think "he could put his visual style onto the concept, but would he add/do anything that would attract people?" I'm not saying Bay can't make a successful film (he's done so in the past), but would his film be significantly different from, and better than, the last two GI Joe films, enough to attract an audience? I have my doubts. At best, we'd end up with something like GI Joe meets The Rock (which wouldn't be bad, but I don't think would be a monster hit for today's audiences), and at worst we'd see something that has the weakest parts of previous films from both franchises so far.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Cool to see they learned absolutely nothing from Rise of the Beasts, not that I'm surprised.
    Found this particularly amusing
    Exactly like what people who wanted a G.I. Joe crossover were hoping for, right?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can we not have G.I. Joe anywhere near Transformers?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 6
  12. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I'll be amazed if this actually ever happens.

13. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    G.I. Joe and Transformers crossover is most likely to happen
    I am still looking forward to seeing it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

As bad of a horrible train wreck of a film as that would be, having Char going around citing all the legal reasons why his relationship with his underage teenage subordinates isn't at all inappropriate according to the various Zeon statutes (which he could've written himself depending on when the movie takes place) would be 100% on brand for both.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I love how even Bay begged them not to do this and they are doing it anyway lmao.

• Like Like x 6
  16. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a licensed toyline, it just so happens that the toy maker owns the license.

Well they filmed two versions of that scene with the card reading "sector 7" and another reading "GI Joe", which explains why nothing looking like GI Joe was shown in the bunker.

This is not just an opinion, it's fact. Writing is the key . The Spider-verse films and hell even Twin Peaks season 1 are excellent examples of how good writing can sell any crazy idea.

We'll see. We've had many scrapped projects, in this very same franchise. So it's in production now, but it could always get cancelled later, or turned into something else.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    While that is true I mean this was a thing Lorenzo wanted since 2009 so it was bound to happen eventually

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    As an 80s kid, I, of course loved both. I do feel a Micheal Bay style military Joe movie could work well. And the soldiers in the 2007 movie could have easily been Joes.
    I don’t get the fans here that don’t want Joe anywhere near TFs considering the military presence in most of the films. Has Joe had a good movie, realistically, no, but I liked Retaliation enough. I liked the 07 movie, but after that, they were just silly - I supported because I was a transformers fan, but didn’t buy many of the toys- choosing to stick to MPs and others. But you can’t tell me tf movie has been any better. Rise of cobra was bad, snake eyes was bad, but they tried, and at least kept the toys lines on shelves for a bit. Bumblebee definitely sent it in the right direction, and I was giddy at the crossover scene (at least the potential)
    I want a bonkers good movie with both represented well- will it happen, probably not- but whatever they make, ill support because I love both brands and deeply want them to succeed.
    My hope is they set it in the 80s, that way it can at least be campy and sentimental. Even S7 could branch off, creating GI Joe.
    My desired characters-

Hound , Cliffjumper, Powerglide, Blaster, Tracks, Stalker, Scarlett, clutch, Breaker, Doc, Duke, Rock and Roll- Snake eyes (cameo) Prime (cameo)

Soundwave, Dirge, Skywarp, Kickback, Jetfire (who turns baby face half way in after several Greenshirts and Bazooka killed by) Megatron and Baroness, Firefly, Twins, Mindbender, Zartan. Cobra Commander (cameo)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    You’re right. It’s an in-house licensed property, as opposed to Marvel or Star Wars, which is why I had that brain fart to begin with.

On one hand, we’re in the right timeframe for the G.I. Joe/TF movie to happen (announced the year after ROTB came out and scheduled for 2 years from now), but on the other hand, the Optimus Prime solo movie that Lorenzo kept talking about as a sequel to Bumblebee never came to fruition. We’ll see.
    If the G.I. Joe/TF movie is a sequel to ROTB, it would have to take place in the mid-90s or later since ROTB took place in 1994.

• Like Like x 3
  20. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Optimus Prime and Bee buddy film became ROTB as more people signed onto the project and changed it.

• Like Like x 4