Transformers Producer Promises G.I. Joe Crossover Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RazorX3000, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Ilovetransformers22

Ilovetransformers22 Lover of all things transformers

News Credits:
    I don’t care about GI Joe. I care about transformers only movies. At least for now. GI Joe doesn’t seem to do well in live action. I think transformers will do well without GI Joe crossovers. When will they fire this guy? And let someone who is better takeover and will do his job well.

• Like Like x 4
  2. minibot

minibot Also Know as Minibot_Gears or his dudeness

the only crossover it might work is another universe from transformers AND the bayverse, it would have already known characters and could end that senseless Bay universe plot for once and for all, like spiderverse with transformers, it follows a known and reliable formula, just saying tho...

• Like Like x 3
  3. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

Oh shoot I didn't even realize that they said they're gonna do GI Joe without any of its iconic characters. Honestly this really just reaffirms my belief that they want to go back to Bayverse just now with a more G1 looking Optimus & with GI Joe in name only instead of Nest.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Maybe a crossover between Aligned and Bayverse? Could even do a video game with it

• Like Like x 3
  5. 1SecondNinja

1SecondNinja Well-Known Member

They should cross over with some good writing for the sequel

• Like Like x 12
  6. minibot

minibot Also Know as Minibot_Gears or his dudeness

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

Maybe TF One will do really good and they will pivot to all animated films and drop this whole thread.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Personally I just want a Transformers x G.I. Joe crossover and don't crossover over with other properties like M.A.S.K., Visionaries, Micronauts and Rom
    They shouldn't copy what IDW did so they just need to keep it with Transformers and G.I. Joe because it works in Skybound

• Like Like x 1
  9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love gi Joe , love transformers hate crossovers between the two

• Like Like x 2
  10. Greylight

Greylight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the subject is movies right now, but I think it’s worth noting that the Classified Series is alive and well with around 150 figures released or revealed, a couple of retail vehicles, and two very successful Haslab vehicles that were both fully funded with all stretch goals achieved. All in less than 4 years.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    And that’s with the most recent cartoon having ended over a decade ago and the last movie being a complete bomb. That’s not bad for a non-licensed toyline at physical retail these days.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

Until bonventura is removed from anything gi joe we will continue to get subpar garbage. Transformers and gi joe really shouldnt be in the same universe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BumblebeePrime99

BumblebeePrime99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly we shouldn\'t even get another live action transformers movie because not only because it\'s the same thing but I thing that time had passed just continue it through books and tv shows

• Like Like x 1
  14. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

I expect nothing good. Dibonaventura has proven time and again he doesn't understand how to handle GI Joe. He keeps making the same bad decisions over and over again. The worst of which was that bullshit Snake Eyes Origins garbage.

• Like Like x 5
  15. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Please no & please not him at the helm of anything related to either franchise…

These crossovers never seem to respect the characters or themes of either setting, and they also require you to take quite seriously the notion that a silly little James Bond larper dressed like a He-Man character dressed like a He-Man character’s idea of what a soldier or spy might look like has a single chance in hell of besting a millennia-old two story tall sentient alien android with an epidermis that can shrug off shotgun shells & handheld or bodily integrated firearms which would be light or heavy artillery by our silly human standards…

Could we have literally anything else as a TF media crossover?

I’d take Arcee fighting Xenomorphs in deep space with Ripley at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skyflare

Skyflare Member

I don't care about G.I. Joe. The possibility of a crossover movie doesn't exist in my mind. I'm only focused on Transformers One. It's the fourtieth friggin anniversary of G1 this year, I just realized. I want a triumphant clean slate and a pivot towards animated stuff so badly after Falderal just posted;

On a related note, Sonic 3 and the Knuckles mini series coming out is both a treat and tHreat because if Paramount is doing well financially, they could actually go ahead and pre-produce this G.I shit. Knuckles taunts my very soul by making me think, Why couldn't Transformer movies be good enough to earn a mini-series that's actually seems good? :cry 

• Like Like x 1
  17. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

GI Joe shouldn't even be teased in ROTB, considering the more obvious connection to BBB movie with Sector 7. In fact ROTB should've been like, the 4th film in the new continuity after they do a Prime solo movie and standalone Beast Wars movie. It just feels crazy rushed jumping from 2 Decepticon scouts in BBB to straight up planet eater/Beast Wars crossover.

Haven't they all learned anything from DC trying to rush their cinematic universe and it ended up stumbling off the cliff so fantastically?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Suits don't learn, they mimic.

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've always been of the opinion that they can make any crazy idea work as long as it's written well. I'm cautiously optimistic about this concept. As long as the characters are written as rational beings with their classic personalities and behaviors intact, I think it has a chance. I think that's a tall order for this fucking production team, though. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Rather than promising it "soon" I would prefer promising it be "good"

• Like Like x 3