Transformers Producer Promises G.I. Joe Crossover Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RazorX3000, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

As I see it, the only way G.I. JOE can work in the same universe as the live-action Transformers is if it's an upgrade of Sector 7. Meaning it would still be a Transformers movie first and foremost, because paying audiences have already demonstrated that they don't give a **** about G.I. JOE.

...and besides, MASK would be a better idea anyway.

• Like Like x 6
  2. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

This film has the potential to kill two franchises with one stone

• Like Like x 18
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 暴魂

News Credits:
    Honestly? Fine, good.

If that'll finally cause Paramount to be cut off for good, then quicker the better. Maybe they should mention Taiwan or Tankman somewhere so China will suddenly lose interest on masse as well.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

GI Joe is neat but you\'d have to set them up carefully.  They could simply keep them in the background and just have them play the calvery in a TF movie, but I\'d like to seem them try to go full spin-off and shoot for at least one movie on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TAZZY

TAZZY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol.

That's literally the best metaphor for this, ever.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Please GOD NOOO!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. Scornstream

Scornstream Dinobot Seeker

It's also a much more cartoonish franchise than TF. It's hard enough to take any of the G.I. Joe characters seriously on their own, forcing them to share the screen with Transformers is just going to make that even worse while simultaneously harming the ability to take the TFs themselves seriously.

• Like Like x 5
  8. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahaha, that's putting it midly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did make up their minds: they don't care
    Caple was very clear, multiple times, when asked specifically about this: the folks at paramount just want a movie out and continuity or it fitting it into a timeline is not a concern to them at all. Travis Knight said the same thing when it was his turn. Caple took it one step further to help clarify what they are doing. You can consider every film to be standalone. There may be references to previous films but it will never be in a way that hinders your enjoyment of the current movie you are watching.

As someone who just went through all the Bond movies, it's basically the same approach. That timeline does not work, at all, and there are heavy contradictions, worse than anything we've seen in this Transformers franchise, but MGM/Broccoli didn't care. And hey, that's the longest running franchise of all time, still capable of making lots of money (when the film is liked). So maybe Paramount has the right approach, just concentrate on making a good movie.
    Though, granted, many would say they have yet to fulfil that requirement.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    If the crossover is done right and the include a small roster for both sides I can see it doing well

11. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    I never watched any of the Joe movies, they looked terrible to me, so I never even considered this. But that's a very valid point as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as they wipe the slate clean from all the previous GI Joe movies. God those movie sucked. No damn world ending conflict. Start small.

What I would do. Joe special ops (with Diaz) stealthily infiltrate a base/warehouse filled with HISS tanks and discover Cobra files on a computer. TerrorDrome plans. They play an attached video clip and see the HISS being attacked by tanks when it suddenly transforms and blows the tanks away with its Fusion Cannon. Decepticon insignia briefly on screen. Joe team looks around at all the HISS tanks they're surrounded by.

Something something middle plot. Diaz contacts Mirage and GI Joe and autobot team(wreckers?) colab to stop Cobra/Decepticons. Plot plot plot.

Ending Diaz/Mirage GiJoe/Autobot quickstrike team are at TerrorDrome getting their asses handed to them by the Cobra HISS's and Dreadnok ThunderMachine when the GI Joe heavy armor rolls in. A bunch of AWEstrikers and MBTs. Pretty much a stalemate until one of the MBT transforms into OP and an AWE into BB.

Ends with Optimus telling Duke, "the TerrorDromes have pieces of Cybertronian technology. I fear this is only the beginning."

This would tie in the GIJoe x TF toys.

But that's just me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    With the searing success of Madame Web (Morbius crossover when, amirite folks?! It'd make a morbillion dollars!), Lorenzo is going to be riding high in Hollywood and is gonna have all the juice he needs to make this wild ride happen!

• Like Like x 11
  14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he should ride this success and concentrate on the Sonyverse while handing the transformers and GI joe to someone else. ;) 

• Like Like x 9
  15. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    Madame web sits at 21% on RT. Lorenzo is making Avi Arad proud!

This movie will truly make a Webillion dollars at the box office

But for real, can we stop letting Lorenzo make movies for pre-established franchises now?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    If a crossover happens here are the characters that should appear

Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Flint and Lady Jaye

Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro and Firefly

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Good.

Both Transformers and GI Joe need to rest after what Lorenzo's done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I don’t want a crossover at all but I am also not a Gi-Joe fan so that makes me even less interested. I would prefer a regular film of Autobots fighting Decepticons, predacons, bounty hunters, or whoever.

Also if a crossover does happen could they pick a more exciting property why not Ninja Turtles or Scream jk.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  19. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Unfortunately Caple Jr. said they'd maybe not do the popular joe characters and instead incorporate some of the lesser known ones. Which I mean.. that's fine I guess? But I'd rather see fan favorites first lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Yes, because another "shared cinematic universe" is what we need in movies right now. :rolleyes: 

They've tried making G.I.Joe work three times now, and each time failed. G.I.Joe Retaliation was the only one that even came close to being an okay G.I.Joe film, and then they did that awful "Snake Eyes in name only" movie that destroyed G.I.Joe ever really having a chance in theaters ever again unless they get rid of the people that have been behind the G.I.Joe films and finally reboot Transformers rather than go back and forth on if Bumblebeee and Rise of the Beasts is connected to the Michael Bay films or not.

Right now I feel both Transformers and G.I.joe should be given a rest for maybe 5 years or so...maybe do movies based off some of those other franchises that have been collecting dust like M.A.S.K., Inhumanoids, Visionaires...something else. Cause right now I think when people see "Transformers" or "G.I.Joe", they recall the older films and are all like "Oh...another one..." and move on.

• Like Like x 5