Transformers Producer Promises G.I. Joe Crossover Is Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RazorX3000, Feb 12, 2024.

1. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "ComicBook.com recently had the chance to chat with Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura ahead of his latest film, Madame Web. When asked about the Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover, he admitted there was still a lot up in the air, but that it would happen at some point in the future.

'The honest truth is I don't know," di Bonaventura told us. "I know we are going to deliver on the promise we made.'"

Caple Jr. also commented on utilizing GI Joe and the potential of the scope for the sequel films:

"Yeah, it was figuring out a way to use the G.I. Joe technology because they're known for their tech," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "I was like, 'Maybe we don't have to go through the classic characters like Snake Eyes and Duke and all these other characters. Maybe there's a way we can use other characters that haven't been utilized as much.' There's different series and editions and different factions of G.I. Joe as well," Caple Jr. said. "There's G.I. Joe: Renegades and different branches of it, too. So I started to play with that, and I pitched versions of it to the studio and the producers. I pitched a direction I wanted to go in and ways to branch out the universe in general. Transformers movies have scope and size, but we've been spending a lot of time here on Earth, so I just think there's more out there. Even in the graphic novels for Transformers, there's other planets and things like that, and I was like, 'We're just thinking too small.' So, if we're going to do movie number eight and nine and ten, maybe there's a way to make this all more expansive and branch out."

Link: Transformers Producer Promises G.I. Joe Crossover Is Coming Soon (Exclusive)

• Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Ah Madam Web, what a cinematic game changer that films gonna be for him, Sony, SPUM, and Hollywood.

EDIT: Just so people know the Caple comment was from June of last year a week after the film came out and again I love that you can tell he's an actual fan of this franchise by his comments of other planets and even other GIJoe stuff beside the OG show.

Also Lorenzo I'm a-okay if we don't go through with this, might be for the best (along side I doubt it's gonna draw in the GA's like you think with how Joe films have done in the past).

BUT if you insist on doing GIJoe and TF's, don't make it this $200M world ending CGI specuctale big battle end of the world film cause that model don't work anymore for you to automatically make a billion dollars. Make it smaller scale like BB, focus on the heart and emotion of the characters and people will come. The world isn't coming to a end but there is a conflict. Which that isn't a TF or Paramount problem, this is a HOLLYWOOD problem, and you saw its effects last year. OH also hire ILM again.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 21
  3. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

Me: I hope the next live action film is a little more character focused and not some huge “Save the entire planet from destruction.” thing.

Caple Jr: How about a GI Joe crossover that takes place on another planet?

• Like Like x 13
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shiznit, terrible news. It's the end of Gijoe with Paramount. Transformers will survive even if flea-bitten

• Like Like x 4
  5. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    GIJoe's been a corpse film wise for years so it was long dead already. So this isn't going to draw in the people like he things, this isn't Avengers meets the GOTG.

• Like Like x 14
  6. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just announce the ROTB sequel already.

• Like Like x 20
  7. BethCyra

BethCyra Takara ye broke me heart :(

Well I hope it works?

I had hope for ROtB but between how they view Prime, and treatment of the Female bots I’m already kinda checking out and this isn’t helping.

I just want a story with a small cast of bots that focuses on a good story. Please just Megatron or something “simple” no more Unicron or earth/universe is getting destroyed, it’s tired.

• Like Like x 4
  8. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

I think that’s what this is. It’s gonna be a GI Joe in space crossover. (At least that’s what he wants it to be.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean, at least it seems they aren’t rushing it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    wow lorenzo was actually coherent for once

but ffs can we stop this 'go big or go home' thing with movies does the universe have to end EVERY time?

• Like Like x 7
  11. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Weekend at Bernie type of deal where we have to pretend to care about the rotten decaying corpse of GI Joe and flail it around

• Like Like x 20
  12. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Yeah this thing isn’t coming out for a bit. Hopefully since Steven will be onboard from the beginning it can turn out better maybe and him learning from directing a big budget film like this for the first time.

And the big reason they shouldn’t even think of rushing this: Paramount is not in the same state they where in 2022 or even early 2023, they are in financial trouble right now and could possibly even be bought out by someone else (please no Zazlov) and yet another big studio falls. Plus ROTB while not crashing and burning like a WB and Disney movie it didn’t do so hot. So they better take their damn time because a lot of shit depends on it if the studios not already bought by then possibly.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well if Lorenzo says it we can DEFINITELY bank on it!

• Like Like x 8
  14. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who unlocked his crate? We had managed to get him back in after the press tour.

• Like Like x 9
  15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Let's not parade G.I.Joe as a sucky afterthought. RotB was a terrible movie, imo. Adding G.I.Joe at the end did not fix anything... rather, it scared me into reliving the last few Joe movies! :lol 

Can we get the Blue Beetle movie crew to have a crack at either? I think they did multicultural & Latino waaaaaay better. Considering the diversity that is G.I. Joe, the director of Beetle would do it justice, imo.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is so damn foolish. They're trying too many things at once it feels like

• Like Like x 3
  17. Primus Wept

Primus Wept Well-Known Member

I learned never to trust a word Lierenzo says. But this I believe, they clearly set it up. And after months of thinking about it i'm here for it.

I'm always happy to hear that sequel talks are happening. I hope they announce something soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. martin entero shoro

martin entero shoro ES Twitch enthusiast

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I hope he leaves the franchise soon. 

• Like Like x 14
  19. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. This is such an iffy decision. If they couldn't manage the ensemble cast of ROTB, what makes you think they'll manage the Transfomers cast & the GI Joe cast at the same time? I just don't know if GI Joe will bring in this huge crowd that they're probably hoping for. I remember people laughing at that teaser when I watched ROTB in theaters.

If they're really insistent on this. I'd say bring back Megatron as the big villain. I think having Megatron's big return would get people in, especially since his absence has been a big complaint I've seen for the past few years.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    Seems like they are going for the \"lets throw everything at the wall and see what sticks\" approach. Worked so well for TLK...

• Like Like x 3