Transformers: Prime User Review Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by njthemonster, Feb 28, 2011.

1. njthemonster

njthemonster Member

As the thread says, its a review thread.

Write as follows:

Pros:
    <insert paragraph of TFP awesomeness here>

Cons:
    <insert fanboy rant speech here.>

Rules:
    1. No random flaming (it happens)
    2. List fact and points; be specific don't just say "it bl0Ws YaLL! tH!s Sh3t !s Wh4Ck!" or "It's fr34k!Ng Aw3$0m3 $4uC3!"

Mine:

Pros:
    Transformers: Prime is the first 3D Transformers series since the Beast Wars series and has been a great visual overhaul compared to BW; the detail is magnificent - going as low as to have a few 5~7 pixel-long "imperfections" (scars, wounds, etc) and a great rendering engine provides one of the most appealing visuals to date. The humans aren't actually annoying as other past series (notably the Unicron trilogy) and are actually lovable and useful. The fight scenes are something worth noting; unlike 2D cartoon animation where there are but a few moves used during an entire battle, vastly emphasized by the use of spacial lines and other effects, TF: Prime action scenes are fully animated, fast paced and epic.

Cons:
    The world; Jasper, Nevada - as portrayed in the series - is a small town surrounded by desert. In short; dull, while certain scenes in other locations are spectacular,most of the scenes are dull and void of life and beauty. While it may be a little early to judge; so far the story does not seem that interesting; the story seems to be more of a underlying part as the moment (maybe to allow character development or :break in: the show?).

MSGangstaIII.

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Pros: Well animated, Starscream and Megatron are both fun to watch.

Cons: Overall characters feel flat and uninteresting, especially Optimus Prime. The series lacks originality and a strong plot focus. Too many cannon fodder drones and not enough real characters.

Overall: I've watched ever episode and the show is entertaining enough, just nothing really stands out so far.

3. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

Pros:
    Very good animation and action scenes.
    Not bad characters.

Cons:
    Optimus Prime design, bad story, bad work on the world& the universe, cheap& low detail CG.

Overall: 6/10. I really hope it will improve over time.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Pros:
    Earth based = earth-modes.
    Petter Cullen as Optimus Prime. And Frank welker as Megatron.
    Intertaining characters.
    Nice looking CGI visuals.
    Intense action.

Cons:
    Shows still fairly young, but some episodes feel somewhat hit or miss.
    Some cut corners in animation, like TFs having clearly earth-mode kibble in robot-mode, but are stated in the show to have not acquired a vehicle-mode yet.
    New characters seem to show up only to leave or die.

Overall: it's still a fairly new show with lots of potential.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pros: Wheeljack and Optimus were pretty pro in their action

Cons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Skyquake, Makeshift, Breakdown and Knockout too

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Pros: Good action, fun to watch, some good dialogue.
    Cons: Having to scan a vehicle before transforming on Earth, boring characters, can be a little tedious to watch at times and I get bored of it the second time I watch it.

Overall: 6.5/10.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol  ^ I see what you did theirs.

Pros: The Charecter dynamics and personalities, the endless posibilities that the show could get into, very nice CGI animation and excellent voice acting cons.

Cons: Charecter selections I mean we keep seeing Prime, Megatron, BB, Soundwave, Arcee, Bulkhead is almost everything the last couple years and killing Skyquake off, it wasn't neccesary, The cons need more bots on their side.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't do the pros/cons thing. Like I have pros and cons, but it's hard to properly vocalise my opinions on certain aspects if I have to split them into two paragraphs.

I'm enjoying it very much so far, and I think the show has a lot of potential. It has a very unique evironment. It is a buttfuck nowhere desert, which is interesting and new. It also makes sense. Why would the Autobots hide out in a densly populated and busy area where they can be exposed so easily? Even if they were exposed in this area word might not even get out, making a possible cover-up more believable. The story is eh for now. I expect things will get more complicated, but I think I've heard "Dark Energon" more in the last two years than in my entire life hearing the words seperate. The characters are fantastic, fresh new takes while still being in line with what's come before. The character designs are great, like Animated in 3D with more detail. The animation, up until episode 8, had been improving every episode. Charatcers moved with a weight to them, were rendered very well, and seemed very lifelike. But 8 had some... odd moments, mostly with Wheeljack. I'm also not a fan of how drab some of the backgrounds are. I get it's a desert, as I said, I like that, but that doesn't mean it has to look boring. Being a desert alone sells us on this not being party central. Though this isn't always the case. A few establishing shots in the first episodes looked great. The writing is very good for the most part, giving the characters meaningful and competant exchanges. Voice acting is top notch. I wasn't a fan of Starscream at first, but every episode he's in he says something that makes me like him again. The only other voice I did not care for was Skyquake, who sounded too generic. (his episode in general is probably my least favourite) Characters like Ratchet and Megatron sound fantastic, especially Frank Welker's Megatron, whom I was sure had long since lost the ability to do a good Megatron voice. Instances like this are where I love being wrong. :D