Transformers Prime Season 3 16 episodes long but NOT final season says Jeffrey Combs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 15, 2012.

1. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    and thats why i still dont have bulkhead it's retail or nothing only paid full retail for 5 out of my 12 prime figures

2. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    They probably just mean this series is ending, but the next series is a continuation (like what they do with Power Rangers, or what happened between BW and BM)

3. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

You know I wouldn't mind it at all if Beast Hunters was a complete alternate take on Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo written by the staff from Beast Wars/Beast Machines to fit into the G1/Beast Wars/Machines Timeline

4. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Three seasons is a good length for these kind of shows. I look forward to the next version of Transformers.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

I don't really care what the reason for it ending is as its not like we are ever going to know for certain, I'm just sad its going so soon as its probably the best show we have had yet (in my opinion). All is not lost we still have some more mtmte to look forward to and hopefully just like when animated ended it will get a new show in its place of equal quality, who knows maybe that beast hunter thing could be the best thing to happen to the franchise who knows? I'm really not looking forward to grinning and bearing my way through the next Bay movie but we have all kept our interest through rotf and if fandom can survive that it can endure anything

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Sad news, but should have figured it'd be around the corner.. You know, with the Transformers 4skin movie coming out in 2014. At least with another movie toy line on its way, I can focus on buying the Beast Wars, BWN, & BWII stuff I want.. And maybe even Beast Hunters, that is if it doesn't get cancelled.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    People are surprised it's ending so fast?

Really?

I mean I'm no big Prime fan but there were red-flags that this won't last long since the beginning!

First off the show aired on a channel that you need to pay extra to get and not only that but could be watched only in the US. So with that many kids overseas never noticed the show and the toys didn't sell because of it. I know whenever I go to a toy store there isn't a single Bayblade or an Avengers toy to be found because they are all sold up. And when I go to the transformer isles all of the movie toys are sold up and there are tons of Prime toys that no body is buying.

The toys simply aren't selling well. I mean what do we have for toys? We have all of the characters in the show in multiple toy formats. Do you really think kids will buy 5 different Optimus Primes or Megatrons? Or even Bumblebees?

The toys even look too much like the movie ones so many kids didn't even want to buy them as they already had the movie toys and they were pretty similar in looks and design so why bother?

Also having toys of ONLY that characters that appear on the show is a bad marketing idea when the said show has a very very limited cast of characters. It didn't work for Animated and it didn't work for Prime.

I mean Beast Wars had TONS of toys and most of those never appeared on the show. But that didn't stop kids from buying them. A good toy is a good toy regardles if the character is in the show or not.

Prime needed more new character in toy format to keep the steam up and they started going with it with guys like Magnus and Thundertron but again a little too late.

8. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

After TF: Prime we'll have Transformers "The War Within" based on the comic designs :D 

9. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me that Star Wars The Clone Wars has lasted beyond 3 seasons and yet Transformers isn't allowed to last as long. Sure, I expected them to end this by season 3 but what happened to that theatrical Transformers Prime movie they were talking about?

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The Prime cartoon is no failure. it's getting Three seasons & 72 episodes. this is more than any other TF cartoon series ever got besides G-1.

Hasbro is the fault why the TF Prime toys didn't sell well in stores. the toys were one year late after the cartoon aired. their was no big initial push in stores. the toys take forever to get newer toys in stores. the first four months distribution was so slow. bumblebee was a peg warmer in almost all the sizes.

Hasbro knows cartoon viewers & toy buyers lost interest in Prime. Hasbro is playing it smart by doing Beast Hunters. I support this because I enjoyed Prime & i'm ready to move on to the next big thing.

11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    please don't be true, I want to see more characters and serious action. If it is the end, well at least it had more episodes than Transformers: Animated.

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    You are mistaking the number of episodes in comparison to how many people actually saw them.

Many kids never saw the Prime cartoon or don't even know that it exists because it's on the Hub. Many parents won't dish out the money for a channel that has one or two shows that the kid may want to watch when they already have CN or Nick.

13. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

why did you isolate the one part of his post stating that all Hasbro cares about is selling toys and then attack it. It didn't read like a complaint, it read as a "matter of fact" statement. One which you seem to agree with. I think you and Spunky both have some valid points but I think that ultimately they are just prepping for the movie and poor sales/ratings would only embolden that decision. It makes sense to not have two competing toy lines with similar traits (vehicles being a pretty big one I would think). It also makes sense to drop a product that isn't selling like you'd hoped it would. DOTM sales sucked even though they had some pretty good molds, but it was too much of the same. Prime has also given us too much of the same, especially considering the case packs.

You are stating things as if you feel that they are making the change now as if the crossover is imminent. It isn't. It is in the works and the ship is changing course but it is far from immediate. We are at the close of season 2 and season 3 won't begin airing for at least another 5-6 months. I'm sure there will be re-runs and they might coast on that for a while. Maybe they'll squeeze out more toys we haven't seen molds for and maybe they won't. Maybe they'll keep pushing new toys until the new film is drawing near or maybe they'll just focus on Generations figures.

I thought it was stupid when I first found out Hasbro had their own channel via satellite and I think this is the cost of that endeavor. They didn't hit as large of a market as they potentially could have. The show isn't horrible but it isn't fan-fuckin'-tastic...it isn't as if G1 was Shakespeare and the films certainly weren't notable for their content either. Beast Wars was endearing though far from perfect but at least the story arcs were better realized.

I think TF fans are pretty lucky to usually have 2 toy lines going at once for the most part unlike Joe fans who are only permitted one. It may not be truly concurrent but there is enough overlap.

I just hate the aesthetic changes that come every so often, especially when I become endeared towards one because I like to have some consistency with my toys. I was hoping TFP would last long enough that I could squeeze enough characters out of it that I could be satisfied with the roster on both factions but oh well.

If I can get a few more deluxe cars and voyager Shockwave, Soundwave and dare I say it Airachnid I can be sated but I won't hold out hope for that, it's just what I want. I'll be happy with who I get and then trim the fat and have a handful of them, whatever.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

this series is ending in the same sense that ben ten ended and became alien force, or what ever.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I posted this in the UK thread, but I'll post it here too (and remember, this is from the perspective of someone in the UK, a place that has only barely seen wave 3 three deluxes released...)

"I can't say I'm particularly surprised, or even that bothered for that matter. Which is a shame, because I really wanted to love it. Don't get me wrong, it's had it's highlights - The opening five parter was stunning, and when the excellent First Editions finally arrived I thought we were on to a real winner. But, for the most part both the show and the toy line have limped along without any real drive.

I would have liked to have kept up with the show, but it just became too much hassle to seek out, especially when many episodes proved so bland. As discussed a few days ago, I begin to find myself craving the arrival of the Movie Hype machine, or at least, a glimpse of something new for transformers...

/Grumpy Sunday morning rant. Time to get some coffee."

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Because he doesn't want the change but Hasbro wouldn't be instigating a change if they didn't feel it was necessary. Hasbro is here to sell toys. THE END. If they aren't happy with the toy sales they have for whatever reason, they are likely to try some new approach. What they are not likely to do is stay the course and bad sales be damned.

I isolated it because it WAS a statement of fact. The only one he had amidst a sea of speculation and paranoia. They are here to sell toys. When you really accept that and actually think through what that means and all it entails to its logical conclusion, a lot of things fall into place and you can start to examine their actions without the haze of paranoia distorting everything.

Selling toys and selling advertising time on their network are their only concerns. If they change ANYTHING, it's because one or both of those needs are not being met.

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime just isn't selling as well as they thought and hoped it would (wave 1 everywhere doesn't help. Selling well in the UK apparently but lack of selection is definitely not helping sales grow)

Maybe Hasbro are planning on trying to invigorate the line in the same way they did in 1995 by trying something different. I expect a line half vehicle transformers half beasts, BW2/Car Robots style.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me a bit.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i wouldn't mind it being thundertron or what ever, and his army of minions, hunting the autobots, and decepticons down. that'd be fun. and be something transformers has not really done before.

20. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

agreed.