Transformers Prime Season 3 16 episodes long but NOT final season says Jeffrey Combs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I actually want to know plain old why, why only 16 episodes? why the last season? what is it about transformers prime, arguably the greatest transformers series ever made must be cancelled?
    why
    why
    why
    WHY!?!

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Good, can't wait to see what hasbro makes next, cause sorry to say it, even if the characters are awesome and the animation is amazing, the story is garbage and all it does is build up to some amazing stuff and then waste all the potential

bring on beast hunter. i quit being sad at the demise of toylines and shows after animated got canned

not to be a hater, but i see people claiming transformers prime is the best transformers cartoon ever.....I feel pity for you folks....you can like it, but when stuff like animated and beast wars out there, prime comes no where near close to topping those as the best

3. fanguy99

fanguy99 Active Member

Man, I haven't felt this bummed out since I heard that they were ending the nostalgia critic.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Oh god you just reminded me. I'm now sad :( 

First Transformers Prime having an expiration date and now Nostalgia Critic. This Saturday is terrible.

5. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    And....they probably realized they blew their whole load on Unicron in the first season....BIG mistake. Nothing, at least to me, has been interesting since the end of the first season. This show will end, and I won't really feel much about it.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Hey at least the consolation is that we have Beast Hunters to fall back on! :D 

7. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Arcee leading Autobots? Yes! Maybe make her somehwhat of a prime?:D 

Ppl are agreeing with me, make it happen Hasbro!!!

8. PriNcesfDarXnes

PriNcesfDarXnes Seeker

Yeah, its true. The show has hit its 65 episode mark and Hasbro has been planning to hack it there for syndication for quite some time. Third season is the final season but as far as whether or not this Beast Hunters business has anything to do with Prime or some possible other project, who knows?

9. Nova Prime

Nova Prime New Member

Yeah, my guess is that it won't be the complete end. Season 3 will probably just set everything up for the Beast Hunters series. Hopefully I'm not wrong about this however...

10. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I remember when I said Why!? with Animated.

Just a hundred more times!!

11. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    More than likely it's just the end of Prime name and the next show will be in direct continuity to Prime. I just hope it still stars a good chunk of the cast of Prime.

12. CobramusPrime

CobramusPrime energon on the rocks

Well that sucks, but I kind of had a thought about this happening (not that I wanted this to happen) maybe because of the network it was aired on, the HUB. Don't get me wrong the HUB does a great job of bringing back some of our beloved shows but, when most people want to watch cartoons they probably switch to cartoon network first.

13. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I would have enjoyed a 78 episode run to match up with the total run for the Beast Wars + Beast Machines Series oh well 68 is all we're to get then so be it.

14. SamsHappyTime

SamsHappyTime Well-Known Member

I agree! I grabbed every figure I wanted as they came out. One fine day I pretty much ran a gauntlet of Wallyworlds and Targets in the area until I had the Autobot lineup aside from Bulkhead, which I never saw, so I finally bought one online that was opened for display, mainly because I wouldn't pay more than the normal retail, and I finally just saw Bulhead in TRU last week for the first time ever. Never saw a vehicon, and only saw Airachnid once. I would really like Ultra Magnus, and a Smokescreen which I suspect may be a variant of Knockout- if we see one at all. That is just a theory though. But yeah, the toyline should NEVER be like this, trying to be the one lucky guy who just happened to be at that one weird Wal-Mart at 6am for the one per case guy, and everyone else in the area is out of luck until they sell the ones I picked up months ago.

"The sea of yellow needs to be flushed before it starts to stink up the place."
    -Me

15. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

lol maybe if season 2 didnt suck so bad the show wouldve lasted longer

16. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope Prime doesnt end after season 3 and change to Beast Hunters because there wont be much for me to buy toywise if thats the case. I have a few animal alt mode figures but in general I greatly prefer vehicle alt modes.

17. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yawn another show cut too short probably because of another inane movie yay!!!

18. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I mean look at it like this the 2 longest running Transformers Series was the G1/Beast Era(s)

:: Transformers Generation One ::

- Transformers
    - Transformers Headmasters
    - Transformers Super-God Masterforce
    - Transformers Victory

:: Transformers ::

- Beast Wars Transformers
    - Beast Wars II Transformers
    - Beast Wars Neo Transformers
    - Beast Machines Transformers

19. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I just hope that if Beast Hunters is indeed a sequel series to Prime (like a Beast Wars/Beast Machines type deal) that at least some, if not most, of the characters transition over into the new show.

20. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I hate how reality tv has affected every show now produced. They have figured out that a show can be done with bad writing as long as it gets ratings and keep production costs down. This a shame with kids focusing more on games online and such too.

Or beast wars set the bar so high for transformer show it is hard to meet that expectations again.