Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    For Paxtin, as if that bit of Arcee news wasn't bad enough, Sue Blue won't even be the voice director on this series, due to a death in the family.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's too bad, but honestly I feel more sorry that she has had a loss in her family.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, but Hasbro's record profits are a sign.

Exclusives are a different animal, since they are a deal made with one store for one figure and if the store doesn't make it back, somebody gets the stinkeye at a meeting.

Shelfwarmers are just the last vestiges of a wave with four or so figures in it that probably did fine.

Also, even if Hasbro slightly overestimated demand for RotF figures, that's pretty understandable considering that they badly underestimated demand for 2007 movie figures, enough so that Animated was shoved back and redecos were shoehorned into the movie line.

4. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

The only good thing for me here is that Arcee is not pink, she is blue, it's cool. Unfortunately, all other pics makes me want to puke. I hate Bayformers and Animated, also I think that putting 'Prime' into WFC universe is illogical, stupid idea. That will make me hate WFC too, even despite of the fact that I like designs of WFC characters, they is way more appreciable for me than this Baynimated 'Prime' crap.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better.

It's a different country! :thumbs2: 

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will never, ever, ever understand this kind of thought process.

7. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. The whole 'hate by association' mentality borders on irrational. Do people really think a children's show is going to go out of its way to reference a T-rated video game and a novel?

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there's things in the show that directly contradict both the game and the novel. And that's fine, there's no need to confuse kids with this 'one true continuity' BS Hasbro seems insistent on pushing.

8. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Transformer designs: Win.

Human Designs: Fail.

In continuity with WFC: EPIC FAIL.

9. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Why is it being in continuity with WFC a "EPIC FAIL"? It is a current continuity and it is a pretty decent one so far; it is G1 with a sprinkle of Movieverse kind of like (based on what Kurtzman and Orci said) Prime is.

I do not like the human designs either.

Does anyone have the Optimus Prime image from IGN? I would reallly love to take a look at it.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The repeated cycle of almost-mindless anger and rage over the reveal of a new Transformers series is pretty normal for this fandom (and most likely every other franchise with an online "adult" fan community).

*FFN remembers the almost-mindless anger, bile and rage exhibited by this very forum and pretty much every other Transformers forum when Animated Prime was revealed.*

Another thing, fans like to pre-judge a new series using powers of clairvoyance that they don't actually have. Wait and see, I say.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I can't be the only one who actually likes the human designs? Seriously, I think they're a big step in the right direction. I'm so relieved they're not a bunch of macho NEST toughguys, or characters from the movies.

And I don't think the bots are looking as Movieverse as everyone seems to think. Unlike Movieverse, they don't have a load of scrap hanging off their frames. The anatomy is much more consolidated, unified, but still flexible. They don't have as much character and personality as TFA, but probably more than WFC.

The main concern I have at this point is that there might be too much cheating going on in the transformations. I hate when they do that. I want transformers that can transform authentically. If those designs do legitimately transform into those vehicles, they're quite ingenious. You can't really tell at this stage.

The only things I definitely don't like in the current lineup are Blue-bike Arcee, and drones. After seeing epic shelfwarming of ROTF Chromia, I never wanted to see another blue bike again.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Fit for natalie is absolutely correct. Outright rage over something new is normal for this fandom. Though I have to be honest, there doesn't seem to be as much compared to when we first saw Animated Prime. The phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover" fits this situation perfectly, imho. The personalities could, and probably will, be quite different from the movie iterations of their namesakes.

Personally I'm optimistic about how it'll turn out. Though it helps that I like the robot designs, despite only knowing what they look like for a couple of days now. Especially Ratchet, who is a perfect blend of G1, Animated, and WFC. Even without seeing his alt-mode, which could end up being the one part of his design influenced by movie Ratchet (will just have to wait and see).

I have to admit that the designs of the kids bothered me, but they've grown on me since I first saw them. Something about the little kid with the generically-huge hair still bothers me, but in time I think I'll get used to it, and eventually it won't bother me (especially if the characterization of the kid isn't as generic and annoying as his design).

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm used to the outrage. It doesn't bother me. The outrage at the outrage has become more tiresome.

I don't have a problem with people jumping to conclusions. I'll form an opinion, positive or negative from the tiniest scraps of info just like anyone else around here. When I see more, it gets put in perspective and I revise the opinion accordingly. That just comes from having a burning passion for the stuff.

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    First to call Eric out and say he'll love the series a season in to it.

I just hope they're able to make the toys even somewhat as animation-accurate as the Animated toys were to their animation. Nothing sucks more than toys that don't match up with a show. Unless you're 5, then it doesn't matter (see: all of us and G1).

15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    You make a very good argument about the kids and I will say that really only the one really little kid bothers me.

As for the designs, aside from Bumblebee I do not feel that the designs are as movieverse as every one is making them out to be. To me they kind of our what I wanted the movie to be; nice G1 updates with very human proportions, no complaints from this G1 fanboy.

Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that the Decepticon Troopers look a little like the troopers from WFC?

16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Could not agree more

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any got that Prime IGN pic?

18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah please I would really like to see this high def pic

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i only dislike the girl, the guy and kid look fine

can't wait for this show

20. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I just don't. want. panels. Is it too much to ask, to not have Transformers with tons of panels? I hate lining those things up.