Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Even though that statement is completely incorrect, isn't that the way with all of the main TF lines? Anyone that doesn't like them generally gets 'put on hold'?

I don't even see how that complaint can be aimed at Hasbro in this day and age - I walked into a toy store literally yesterday and found Animated, Generations and Revenge of the Fallen figures sitting side by side. I'd shudder to think what would have happened if someone hated Beast Wars, Beast Machines or Robots in Disguise - there was literally no other choice then.

2. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Never mind him, that's Ash for you:) 

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

About the best I can manage at any store has been two lines at once. With a bit luck perhaps in a few months I might actually see three with new stuff on the shelf since this time Power Core, Generations and Hunt for the Decepticons are all hitting at almost the same time.

But honestly what do people expect other people to do when the stuff they like keeps ending up on the short end of things? Rejoice and say well thank goodness everyone gets stuff in their lines.

At some point you'd hope that maybe your fellow fans would have just a wee bit of sympathy for the people getting left out. I didn't collect the Animated line but I still feel for sorry for the fans that got into the line only to see the line end before they could cover all the on-screen Transformers.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody have any clear/not dark pics of Optimus and Megs? I can barely make out their faces or see the details on Optimus.

5. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Maybe if we kick up a big-enough fuss Hasbro would continue Animated?God knows I want a fucking Spittor...

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    If we're talking about PCC as a separate line then four lines were on shelves at my local toy store (five if you count MP Skywarp as part of Universe 2.0).

Essentially your argument seems to be that the new stuff sucks because they're not continuing with whatever your old favourite may be. Which while understandable to an extent is not in any way reasonable.

I've got no sympathy for the people who feel "left out". Ever since the original Transformers movie (1986) the franchise has been constantly evolving - I'm sure if we had the internet back then there'd be hordes of people bemoaning the move away from realistic alt modes to futuristic vehicles. Prime is the next evolution of the franchise and I've not got a lot of time for those so attached to the past that they can't give a fair go to the new direction.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Totally and then there is the argument that they learn something new in toy engineering with every line. Transformers today are way better than transformers, 3, 5, or 10 years ago in terms of engineeering. And its sure to continue. So if you even if you don't like the aesthetics of a product. Don't get mad. Just don't buy it. But the engineering will eventually surface in something hitting your tastes. Its actually kind of a bland argument when so many differing aesthetics are running to service the fan base. Animated still has a few repaints and new molds hasbro wants to get out, Transformers Prime offers slick G1 smooth (war for cybertron) infusions of movie designs. Power Core is a aesthetic that flows naturally from the unicron trilogy designs.The movie verse has hunt for the decepticons and TF3 next year. And after that, the fans unhappy with everything can at least enjoy Masterpiece, Reissues, and Generations.

They would not have attempted to do robot designs like this with the more flowing human proportions if they had not done the revolutionary animated toy designs. If they do manage toys prime, I think they are going to tansform intuitively like animated; because of the proportions and how arms legs and the backbone structure will need to look in robot mode.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Megs and ratchet look nice. I think prime is gonna take some time to grow on me.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since when have fan and reasonable ever gone hand in hand?

That's almost as unreasonable as saying because someone doesn't like something they must not have given it a chance. Is it not possible that people have given something a chance and still ended up saying no I just don't like this stuff.

Or the unreasonable expectation that just because something has Transformers slapped on it then you must like it because it is Transformers. At least GI Joe fans are nice enough to say it's okay to not to like something.

The unreasonable expectation that we should never get just a little bit jealous that something like the Marvel Universe line can get a scale Sentinel for their line but we can't get Classics style Dinobots to go with Grimlock.

But hey at least you were nice enough to say that it's totally unreasonable to ever expect any sympathy from your fellow Transformers fan. That nice warm feeling of every fan for themselves and the heck with anyone else as long as I like what's offered.

10. Razorrider

Razorrider Well-Known Member

I don't see how War For Cybertron is a lead-up to this show when the characters here look more like the Movie designs.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon and CYbertron were sequels to Armada when everybody looked EXTREMELY different.

WITHOUT EXCUSES.

At least Prime has the fact that they're earth mode designs for past cybertronian designs.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has it actually been confirmed yet that WFC is a prequel to TFP?

13. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Finally seeing the designs has heightened my interest in this series, although that may just be because we haven't had any news on a new show in such a long time.

I like the designs but have reservations. I understand the argument that the new movie Op and BB are now the iconic looks, and I agree with those saying we should move on from the G1 looks....however, associating the look of the new show with the movie has its ups and downs.

Yes, it will be good for recognizability and sales. But it's bad in the sense that a lot of TF fans and members of the general public just didn't enjoy the TF movies. This show really has to prove itself. I know the little kids won't care too much about character development, but I think anyone over the age of 8 appreciates strong characters in a show. That's why Beast Wars worked, that's why Animated works.

At least they aren't bug-faced. It'll make each Transformer more unique and distinguishable, instead of "Bug-face TF junk-pile #4."

Arcee as blue is fine with me. Whenever my friends saw my TFA Arcee, they'd say, "Of course the girl is pink." It was pretty stereotypical, and it's nice to give familiar characters a new look. Provided they're not bug-faced, of course.

I'm sure they'll be a toyline for this. Isn't that the point of Transformers? To sell TOYS? I don't think they'd put so much work into a show if there weren't going to be toys. I am worried they haven't even shown prototypes, though. Animated suffered from a late toy release. Even if Prime needs to be put on hold for TF3, I think they should at least get in the first wave of Prime toys out there.

14. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I though i saw that in the SDCC coverage. TFP is conected to TFWFC

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Someone somewhere said that some Hasbro suit said it was. Sounds pretty damn official to me.

The panel that High Mon participated in said that the game was G1.
    Word from the TFP panel was that WFC was PRIME.

WFC has become the G1 Prequel that High Moon wanted to make, and the lead in to Prime (likely for marketing purposes) that Hasbro can use.

16. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Any cleaer/r lighter pics of Optimus?

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember somebody posting a real big close up of Optimus CGI render from the IGN site promo. Anybody still got it?

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    HOLY FUCK MONKEYS IS THAT BADASS

oh i am excited

19. Sideswipe80

News Credits:

Noooooooooo I missed it!!!

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't RotF get record-good audience response poll numbers?

Don't confuse critical response and geek-media with actual popularity. This movie was not a one-weekend wonder, it had legs.