Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think that's a bit extreme. Maybe most lackluster SDCC for TF fans.

But then, I think the sneek peek we got of TF-Prime was still pretty cool.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's unclear at this point how long Power Core will last. It could be something they plan on running for a while or they could put the line on the dreaded hold next year during the movie line.

A bit questionable if Generations will continue past next spring since both Classics and Universe both got the ax for movie lines. We may have already seen all we will get from the Generations line.

I think the guess of at least two years until a toy line for Prime is pretty spot on, given Hasbro's past pattern of releases around movie time.

Although once the movie line starts I think it will be about a year before we start seeing the off screen characters who aren't so heavy on the movie style or the hybrid figures.

If you are movie fan then you are lucky because Hasbro will give you just about everything you could want. If you aren't a movie fan though you could end up waiting 4 years for an announcement on a deluxe size Jazz.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    yoru nto aloen i agree, thats was not what we were hoping for

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok...you're not attached to G1, but Generations (which is also predicted to run for years) is not limited to G1. What characters are you attached to? What do you want to see? Start a thread! Hasbro is widely believed to lurk here.

I don't even know what you are asking for here, or what you want. Do you want there to be a new show every year?

Frankly, Prime is in such an early stage that it's impossible to tell if current "haters" aren't going to be all over it eventually. It's funny how a really good set of toys wins people over, or at least it was that way with Animated.

I really think that those (not saying you are one of them cause I frankly have NO idea) who are absolutely allergic to and offended by seeing Transformers that are at all inspired by the live action movie franchise are just going to be sad for, like, a decade. What we are seeing of Prime is NOT live action inspired generally (except for complexity), with the exception of Optimus Prime's and Bumblebee's designs. Well what have kids been seeing for three years?

It's incorporated into the history of the brand now. It's just too much to ask that Hasbro wipe the slate clean time and again. After TF3, it's gonna be Prime and Generations for awhile. That's still at least two completely parallel lines...what else can we ask for? :confused: 

There's going to be one more movie in this style. One. Meanwhile, out of all this moaning about Movie 3, Prime, etc, what have we SEEN? A whole load of awesome Generation 1 inspired toys.

Ash, it's all the same line. Or at least, it has a united style and the same target audience. Hasbro does these guys whenever they get a chance.

They have announced that Generations is going to be a long running "background" line. But ok, let's assume that they are all liars and they are going to terminate with extreme prejudice the moment that Deluxe Jazz rolls off the shelf. In two years tops there will be a "Transformers Legacy" line that is exactly the same bloody thing. Hasbro has been making these toys for longer than they've been making movie toys, for almost four times as long as I've even been collecting, so why does everyone act like it's as ephemeral as mist?

5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

@Anguirus, Sprocket is upset that Animated has been shoved aside in favor of this. That's his love. That said, I still find his tone to be overly pessemistic. There has to be something to like. The current TF world is not a barren landscape like the mid 90s.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I'm sorry, because I liked Animated too. That said, it ran for three seasons...nearly as long as Beast Wars. Every prominent character except the Constructicons got toys. It was killed at least as much by behind the scenes corporate dealing and Hasbro/CN friction as by some burning desire to "make the movie show."

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime probably won't get a toyline, but we'll see toys released under the Generations brand. Hasbro have already hinted that the unreleased Animated molds may see release in Generations, and the WfC figures were released under it, so why would we not see Prime toys, if it indeed stays a small cast (6 Autobots, 3 Decepticons is hardly enough to sustain a full toyline).

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All Wreckers were was over the top violence. No substance.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. Ash from Carolina

When a line you like keeps getting put on hold it's a bit hard to hold on to the faith that it will be there for a while.

Honestly I really do hope that Hasbro isn't just telling us what we want to hear and that Generations will be running for a long time. With over 25 years of cartoons, comic books, and now even a good video game there is so much that the line could draw upon.

With other lines like the Marvel lines Hasbro has shown that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal. So yes it is possible that we will have more of a mix this time. It's just something I've got to see first before I loose my skepticism.

11. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Well we don't always get what we want.

All us fans, yes would love that. Heck I liked Dr Smoov's videos. I grew up with G1 too but I'm just trying to be realistic. Those designs are not gonna fly with today's generation especially those who only know the movies and the more recent cartoons. It won at Botcon because well, Botcon is for us TF geeks not the general public.
    All I was just saying try look at it realistic side of things. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 80's are long gone and Hasbro is a profit company whatever anyone says. They'll always go with whatever they think is marketable, product-wise, design wise. No one is forcing the Kool-aid on anyone's throat and don't believe there's been any koolaid here, just a bunch of fellow fans who are enthusiastic about what they see.
    I should know I drank kool-aid once when i was young.:D 
    Hate, love it, you've got the freedom to enjoy what you do like.

1 Doesn't matter. They are still taking influences from the movieverse and WFC. Bumblebee is mute yada.Maybe he'll talk later on and we'll get. Doesn't change the fact that I'm unimpressed with that decision.

2 Starting cast. Yawn. But then again, this is a Wait and See. If and if they get a season four, maybe Bulkhead and Arcee will get killed off or transferred like what was supposed to happen in Animated.
    Oh well. Enough complaining. Like I said, we're not going to get what we all want anyway. We will just have to wait and see. If not, there's always plenty of choices.

Peace out!

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I know what you mean. I can see why they did it though. As an adult, I'll take what ever form and colour (bar ROTF) of Arcee hasbro throws at me. As a kid, I probably wouldn't want the gay pink robot. Pink is gay.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    in botco nthe ysayed that there are no plans for do a priem toyline

14. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    My ONLY gripe with this (and it really doesn't matter at all).

Why is Arcee blue? If they wanted to sell less girly colors, they could have done red! But whatever, it looks good regardless.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a more fitting color to the whole "ninja" thing she got going on.

16. Ash from Carolina

Maybe they figured the colors of the Autobots would work better if she was blue.

You've got Prime in red and blue.

Bumblebee in yellow with a bit of black.

Ratchet in white and red.

Cliffjumper in red.

And even though they did not have a picture I think the money right now is on Bulkhead being green again.

So maybe Arcee is blue to help her stand out a bit more since the other robots have so many other colors covered already.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooooor that!

And personally, I really like the blue they used. Much better than PINK = GIRL

18. Ash from Carolina

Yea I've got to say that given her robot design that shade of blue they picked just seems to fit her really well. I'm not sure that pink would have made the design pop as well.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

lol All right then. Fair enough. Least you'll have choices. That's more then I did during the Unicron Trilogy.

Now it's my turn to get what I want.

Actually I believe what was said at the panel was that they changed her to blue because they wanted to get away from the whole Girl = Pink stereotype.

The blue doesn't bother me, but personally I would have gone with purple. I think that's a nice middle ground.

20. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I will give the new show a chance, but it will not be easy for me to disassociate the movie-inspired TV character designs from the crap live-action movies from Bay.