Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe you're right. Plus, Discovery Kids has been succesful for quite the long time. It's not hard to imagine that we'll have a bunch of families checking out the new channel after the "announcements of change" they always do before a Network does that.

2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, I am not digging it at all. I MIGHT buy some figs from this but it is mostly a pass. I have to wait again for a tf cartoon that fits what I want to see. :banghead:  Just my opinion.

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I feel for you man, but that could take years.

4. abominus prime

abominus prime Well-Known Member

check this out its only a short clip but i thought this was closer to what i wanted to see as far as G1 charachters check it out let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  5. abominus prime

They even managed to get gregg burger to do a cameo for grimlock

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ??

7. abominus prime

yeah sorry how bout now ?

8. abominus prime

9. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Curious, how did you get your info?

Yeah. l loved that too. But let's be realistic, if that's the kind of TF cartoon you're waiting for, you might as well wait until doomsday. It's 2010 do you think people are gonna bother with those chunky animation models from the 80's?:rolleyes2 :

G1 is gonna be shown on a retro block on the Hub for us old heads anyway. But with a little fairy dust, you can have something like Dr Smoo'vs G1 on the same block too...if the powers that be permit it:rolleyes2 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron Bumblebee's card bio? Exodus, the "official" prequel?

Oh, give him two or three seasons, he may get a voice, but it'll take a while, if it even happens.

11. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Oh. I don't have WFC since I don't really play games and have enough trouble keeping up with the comics.So they are tying things up to the movieverse and WFC. Lame. Well, I already like the animation and the designs are alright except Arcee but I never liked her that much anyway. I hate the idea of a trio of human kids. I thought they took lessons from Animated?!! I hope those kids are not in every episode like Sari wasn't and yet she had an interesting story.

Also slightly annoyed that they went past chars Sideswipe, Prowl etc. for Arcee and Bulkhead. Lame. There are also tons of underused chars in G1 alone if they didn't want the already popular ones.

Heavy sigh.
    But I guess that comes down to my point, we will never get the exact cartoon we want. Just cross our fingers and hope for the best. Or deal with it.

12. abominus prime

I am... all I said is i would have prefered that over what hasbro is giving us now I'm just not drinking the cool aid till i see finished product .

Granted the those "chunky animations" are dated but there fan made which also won first place the botcon film festival over a year ago. Thats apples and oranges as the animations they have shown us so far have big dollars behind it ,the other does not . compared to whats out here now its still decent for a couple of guys with a very small budget. and yeah i do believe if given the same budget to work with people would rather see that then japanimation charechter concepts and design. So I think I'll pass on the cool aid so Enjoy!

If it wasn't for peter cullen and frank welker reprising there rolls as optimus and megatron i wouldn't even give it a second thought. you are right in the sense that we could be waiting a very long time before that happens... and also that there is so many other G1 charachters out that could be used so in that sense it just has a smaller feel to it for me but like i said many times before , I could be jumping the gun and reserve judgement for the finished product!!

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I am liking these. :) 

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    the picks are cool. i like how cj is not a bee but in red. ratchet is my favorite out of them all. megs drones just look like a movie barricade ko. i like arcee design but i rather see her in pink.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've seen cable networks with far less to offer do well so given all that Hasbro has to pull on for The Hub I think the new network should do well.

You've got years of brand recognition for titles like Transformers and GI Joe so that should make for some interest in the new channel. They have both boys and girls brand programing which other networks have had trouble tapping into. Stuff for a variety of different fans between new shows and classic shows. Plus with all the movies Hasbro is attempting to get out they are out there in the wider media.

I was around for the early days of things like Fox, G4, and Sci Fi so compared to some of the networks I've seen make it I'd say The Hub is launching much stronger than most new networks.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Power Core Combiners.

Modern media...no comics...basically, all you want is TV shows + associated toylines?

In that case, finish your Animated collection as you're waiting for Prime.

Or spend a year saving your money and grumbling that none of Hasbro's three distinct Transformers lines currently appeal to you.

You are "screwed" for like a MAXIMUM of two years, until Prime toys hit shelves. That's making the generous assumption that nothing in Generations, "yellow box" (which actually is releasing several original characters that are barely movie style), and Power Core (which is ONE vague G1 homage and then original characters who don't look movie-style) remotely appeals to you.

Is there a mini-con that turns into a violin for you?

17. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I'd go so far to say that not all the current IDW Transformers comics are bad. Sprocket should try reading The Last Stand of the Wreckers. That comic mini-series is probably one of the better offerings from IDW.

As for being "screwed," I don't understand why Sprocket is so upset. I'm not happy with TF: Prime, but it's not the end of the world. I can take solace in the other toys that are currently or will be available. Generations looks fantastic. I love mini-cons, so the PCC 2-packs work for me. I've even seen a few HFTD toys that I like (Seaspray comes to mind).

If you can't find something you like, you aren't looking hard enough.

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I happily own all 5 issues of Last Stand of the Wreckers. But that's a pebble in a beach of sucky comics.

And excuse me for not caring about Generation 1 characters. We all have our likes and dislikes. Mine happens to be owning toys of characters I have some level of attachment to (which rules out PCC, plus I've heard the combiners tend to lose stability after some use). I can't be the only one that does that.

I'm saying you're screwed if you also don't care for Prime 'cause they're planning on having it run for 3-5 years. We're past the days of 'yearly' toylines, but I kind of wish they'd started that with Animated. What can you do.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Actually they arn't. Even if the character designs are taking cues from the film, Hasbro stated at the panel that TF-Prime does not tie into the movie-verse. It's just taking a few concepts from it. Story wise, it seems TFP is apparently the continuation of WFC.

This is just the starting cast. There's probably a good chance we'll see new characters added on as the show goes through it's seasons.
    Kind of like with Beast Wars when they started out with just the core crew and then it grew on throughout the seasons.

I actually wonder if this is going to start a whole new fandom thing of Arcee is Pink, Chromia is Blue?

AIPCIB

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

So... worst SDCC ever?