Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    HA! I knew this idea had been used in TF before, but I couldn't place where!

I love the idea that Megatron would produce an army of drones. It doesn't mean that is ALL of the Decepticon army, but it fills it out much more. Its like Shredder and the Foot. Yes, there are a lot of faceless bad guys for the heroes to defeat, but that doesn't mean they loose their menace and the individual bad guys who lead these guys can prove to be the major problem.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would prefer it if the generics could speak. Love henchman banther.

Also, why no IDW coverage?

3. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

looks cool but all a little bulky, except arcee. i like her form the best which is hard to say because I love optimus

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I love them all. This series has gone from me having no interesting at all in it to be being really pumped for it. Bravo Hasbro.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If they go for henchman banter then I hope the team has been watching a lot of Venture Brothers episodes. 21 and 24 grew from just two guys in a butterfly costume to full fledged characters. Just really hard to top Venture Brothers for henchmen.

6. AntiSperglord

AntiSperglord Member

Thank god it's not another shitty anime or anime inspired show. I'm so happy I was wrong.

7. abominus prime

abominus prime Well-Known Member

what the ????

Why is it that Hsbro has distanced them selves from anything to do with the original G1 charachters ...I mean what is this, We've been getting Bayanimation charachters rammed down our collective throats for years now. Hasbro had a great opportunnity here to do something with G1 transformers using the original voice actors and all we get is more of the same.

Now don't get me wrong i loved the movie charachters and I'm looking forward to the third. But come on already.... we've been seeing these movie and japanamation concepts and ideas for years now what happend to the american ones.

I will say one thing I'll reserve my final judgement when i see the finished product But i do have a big feeling of utter disappoinment.

for any one who wants to see what could havebeen checkout ngsmoov.com

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It'd actually be kind of a neat homage if at some point Megatron actually refers to the troops as Vehicons.

Something like:
    "Soundwave, dispatch the Vehicon troops, now!"

I don't see how one could just assume that there's not going to be thought put into the character development just based off of a visual design. That seems like a rather superficial judgment.

9. abominus prime

Also more over having drones instead of personalities takes alot of the charachter development out of the show making it very bland and small with very unimagitive plotlines. I mean all it seems like is more movie eye candy and no substance.
    Heres another point for you guys to ponder ....

If bay decided that frank welkers(there is only one megatron and thats frank) voice didn't fit the the movie megatron why is it his that his voice is all of a sudden deemed suitable this megatron with the exact same charachter design just some food for thought

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Because it's NOT the exact same design and most importantly not the same character personality-wise.

11. Vicalliose

Vicalliose Well-Known Member

Optimus and Bumblebee are "iconic" movie design or otherwise. I doubt it would be hard for the kiddies to recognize who they are.

First of all, didn't they say there are no plans to make a toy line for TFP?
    Perhaps I missed something.

Second, designing a character so their toy would not be so similar to their previous incarnation sounds logical. But if the design they choose is just based on a another existing incarnation it doesn't make any difference. Especially if it's the movie Prime, considering he had about 70 toys made out of him.

12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Actually, having the villains army supported by drones doesn't take anything away from character development. If anything, it frees up that time to focus on the primary cast and any other character that shows up, thus allowing for more, well rounded characters instead of a lot of two dimensional characters that can't grow or learn or do anything else.

Also, like Shroob said, it isn't the same character or the same design (its REALLY different). On top of that, Bay (as I understand it) considered having Welker due his original G1 voice. He made the call that it didn't fit their design or character (and it was the right call, its just weird in the games). And finally, that was BAY'S choice. He made that call and, guess what, he isn't involved in the show. The show runners wanted Welker and Welker supplied a new, more appropriate voice.

Welcome to the boards, off to a real great start! *NOTE: Not meant to be snarky, I realized in retrospect it sounded that way*

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Something along those lines, but they way Hasbro reps speak, you can't take much, if anything, they say for face value. There will inevitably be a toy line for the show, they just don't have it ready enough to show off, or don't want to show it just yet. It also probably won't be all that large, depending on when it will begin.

14. abominus prime

granted it may not be the exact same design but the cocept holds true to the movie as a cybertronian war ship and personality wise hugo weaving suits that charachter concept and design. but thats hasbro trying to cash in on the movie and trying to attract new fans. Rather then building on something that is and still is successfull chech out

YouTube - Transformers: G1JOE by NGSMOOV!

15. abominus prime

hey thanks rogzilla glad to be here "till all are one"

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

But still, it's not the same character design. It takes some design cues from the movie, sure, but in robot mode, the movie's Megatron is much more monsterous. Which Weaving's voice did suit more. But the character design of TFP's Megatron actually does have more of a G1 head design. So Welker's Megatron voice works for that. Especially now that he's been able to remaster it.

I don't really see how in the alt-modes being alike, that reflecting on the actual voice of the character.

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Maybe we should get Jeff Bennet to voice Arcee! Y'know she's a cycle and all.

18. abominus prime

yeah you could be right i could be jumping the gun here thats why i said earlier i reserve judgement for the finished product. I just saw the frank and peter togethervoice acting together clip. It gave me goose bumps and also made me giggle like an 8 year old school boy all hopped up on sugar hahaha!

19. abominus prime

also read some where not sure where that susan blu is involved could she be doing the voice of arcee??

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

From what I remember hearing, she's suppose to be the voice director on the show like she was on TFA, which she reprised her roll of Arcee on. So if she is on crew for TFP, I'd assume she's going to be on board for voicing the character again.