Transformers Prime SDCC Panel Info with Video + Images

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    Love it! Awesome designs.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure where people get the idea if you aren't happy with what you've seen so far that you aren't going to give the show a chance. Yes there is a lot that I'm not really happy with so far but Transformers is always a tough thing to judge until you've seen the finished product. Beast Wars and Animated could have been written off by looks alone but then both pulled off some really great writing for an American cartoon series where things actually seemed to matter from week to week.

Plus honestly how would I not give the show a shot when they are shaking things up by having the fem-bot as a good girl for a change. We've had the bad girls before in Beast Wars, Cybertron and Animated so having a good girl seems different. That and I'm just impressed that someone is willing to give Arcee a chance at being a main characters so it is worth watching a few episodes for that alone.

Robot drones though, honestly I can't think of any example where they have ever been cool. They can never beat the good guy main characters so there is no tension in a fight they are in. When the good guys kill them it's about as much impact as killing a washing machine. At least when a Stormtrooper or Blue Shirt gets killed you could think darn that could have been someone's dad or maybe they were not a bad person but misguided. Really can't see the show having consequences if it's just killing drones no one cares about because they are just soulless machines with no personality. Just seems to be repeating one the horrible things about Beast Machines.

3. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Holy Jesus Christ:jawdropper:  That was fucking awesome:drool: 

4. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

My vote goes to this looking really awesome, first TF cartoon/show I've been interested in in a long time! Cullen and Welker, too.. awesome

5. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

Looks like it has potential and Prime's design looks better than that statue suggested. But yeah, Megatron is as boring looking as he has been since Armada.

Really liking Cliffjumper and Ratchet

6. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    Well, it's better than I expected. And everytime Bee would Transform, I'm like, "BITCCCHEEESSS!!!!"

7. DINOBOTT

DINOBOTT Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My hope is that Transformers Prime will be able to give us some characters that the movieverse can't or won't consider (for myself, this means Dinobots).

8. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of the incidental drones in War for Cybertron have some funny lines, which suggests they've all got a personality, even if they're fairly faceless. Maybe they'll be like that in Prime?

As it is, I'm not too sure about Prime and Megatron yet, but the rest look really nifty (especially Ratchet). A bit disappointing that Arcee's going to be a motorbike again though.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll like it if they've got proper dim henchman personalities and come out with some real wtf funny lines.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WOW. Just WOW.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With it being so early it's a tough call to know exactly what they will be doing. It's still possible that they are going to do something to throw the whole drone robot trooper thing on it's head by giving the drones different personalities. Sort of a shared body type and color to speed up production but then let the voice actors do different things with them since most voice actors can do a ton of voices. So far we've just got a picture and no real info, which is why it would be nice to get info with our pictures.

I also really wanted Arcee to be a car, but I'll take her as a main character and as a motorcycle over not having her at all. About time someone started exploring the character again.

12. shocky the spy

shocky the spy Zaku Pilot

Oh, boy... I'm not looking forward to this show at all more and more now...

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

It seems this is getting as much of a mixed reaction as the first Animated concept stills. Surprise, surprise.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah....it's like a person who keeps walking into a door without opening it......never learns.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Same here. We're getting Bulkhead and Cliffjumper, so it's not out of the question for them to give us characters that haven't appeared in the movies. The Dinobots, or at the very least Grimlock, would definitely be interesting to see in this aesthetic.

Was thinking about the troopers. If they can wright them some good lines, it'll make up for them just being cannon fodder. They could also, theoretically, introduce more than one trooper design. They do plan on this continuing on for at least two seasons, so who knows.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with that. to each his own.

Funny thing- I wrote off Animated in the beginning.
    This one, I wanna see more.

17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It the drones turn out like the Xtacles from Frisky Dingo I'll be happy.

18. Vicalliose

Vicalliose Well-Known Member

Ok. Then what the hell happened when they designed Prime and Bumblebee? :peoples: 

Compared to those misproportionate animovieformers, these new designes are completely different.

Transformations, proportions, colorations, the fact that they actually have a face rather than a "faec". If I had seen these first, I would have guest this was an actual WFC tie in.

I'm just going to assume it was for some stupid reason, like "Orci and Kurtsman said so", or "so it would be easier for the kids to recognize them". :rolleyes2 

19. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    "We even got our own theme song, check it out, listen..."

"The Decepticlones...."

"MORE THAN YOU BARRRR-GAINED FORRRR!"

"*Doo-koo-doo-tsch-Doo-koo-doo-tsch!*"

"Way to ruin it, Neil Peart."

20. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Thats it? o_O  More, more! I demand more!!! XD For a teaser i can say the animation looks really good. More fluid that SL and GF? o_O  Looks that way to me but then again, this is only a teaser.
    I am liking the characters designs, a bit of mix of everything ^^ Prime has G1 color scheme but its still Bay version, Arcee is ROTF Chromia but with WfC Slipstream legs, Ratchet is the WfC version. ^^ I am not complaining, this is exactly what i liked about Animated: creating an original design and still using bases from previous encarnations to make them recognizable too. I think i got lost here. XD
    But nevermind, i am digging Tf Prime for now and like i said at the beginning: MORE! XD