Transformers Prime Hype

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It doesn't sound like you're referring to Beast Wars or Animated. Have you seen those in any detail? They're both better-written than G1 by a long shot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Oh, for sure! I respect the hell out of G1, but Beast Wars and Animated are easily superior, in terms of plot and character-development.

• Like Like x 1
  3. darkunor

darkunor Banned

"Also, there's nothing wrong with trying to please as many people as possible."

I'm not saying there is! I'm just saying it is only detrimental when the quality of the show might be affected! Take Armada for instance, another embarassment to the franchise, those annoying teenagers; pokemon rejects! I personally can't stand Armada, but even fans of the show despise them, so why bring them back???? What is the logic in this act, it didn't work then, what makes them think it will work in this one???

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Armada was a Japanese-created show and it's their cultural tradition to work in tropes like cute, spunky kids. Transformers: Prime isn't a Japanese-created show. There's nothing we've seen yet to convince me the Prime kids will be anything like the Armada kids.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

To be completely honest, I can understand your concerns. But overall, you're just basing this all on assumptions.
    just because we have three main human characters in the show doesn't mean it'll be the exact same thing as before. I'm sure it'll probably be a bit rocky starting out, kind of like how it was with the human cast for TFA. But given time, they could grow as decent characters.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  6. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

First of all, I've yet to see anything that has really hinted at the actual show's quality (which, by the way, is unknown because the show hasn't debuted yet). All we've been given is a short test animation, character designs and names, some voice actors, and a very vague plot synopsis. In other words, we don't have anywhere near enough material to make any valid judgments on this show.

Secondly, the kids in this show aren't the same kids from Armada... What are you talking about?

Thirdly, you've yet to answer Fosterlager's question. What do you have against Beast Wars and Animated? They're both great shows.

By the way, you can quote people by selecting the 'Quote' button at the bottom of their posts. This will make your posts easier to read and will eliminate the need to copy and paste text.

7. darkunor

darkunor Banned

My point is that, logically, by increasing the human cast in the show it is more than likely a greater deal of emphasis is more likely to be placed on these supporting characters than the main, key characters on the show, that's what i'm speculating and that's what is casting doubts in my mind. Also I personally did not like the Michael Bay spin on the transformers and TF Prime looks a lot like that in my opinion. I may be proved wrong but this is what I am suspecting, as i said before I am only curios to see it because of Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, particularly because of Frank!

8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    You're being a little too pessimistic: Yes, I'd rather see something like Animated where there was one human girl and characters like Fanzone, Prof. Sumdac and Porter C. Powell, but that's not something I'd expect from this production team. It'll hardly be horrible, but I don't see Prime making any attempt to try anything all that daring with the franchise, and relying on the '3 kids' archetype doesn't fill me with confidence that Prime will surpass Beast Wars and Animated. But it doesn't mean it'll be as bad as Armada: that simply isn't possible.

If you think it's going to be that bad...I don't know what to tell you. If you're going to take issue with the show's quality, compare it to TF shows that are good and see how they stack up to it. But to think it'll be as bad as Armada is just silly.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    The reason humans are more prominent in the movies is budgetary reasons. Baybots are EXPENSIVE to animate, so giving more of the expositionary/development roles went to the humans to fit the budget. Since Prime is completely animated, it'll cost roughly the same to animate humans and bots, so I don't think you'll need to worry about the humans being center stage here.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm incredibly curious how employing a slightly greater "main human character to main Transformer character" ratio is supposed to save anybody a flipping dime in a computer animated show. I guarantee you that is a creative decision (which is irrelevant to whether it's one you agree with).

As for whether humans have a place in the Transformers franchise: yes. They turn into our goddamn vehicles.

11. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    And therein lies the problem. He thinks that every show other than G1 is crap... :redface2: 

THIS.

I am so sick of people complaining about humans in the Transformers franchise. The story's setting is on Earth. They're robots in disguise. Why? Because they're trying to hide from humans. Without human beings, Transformers would have no premise.

On top of that, of course the live-action films are going to place a much greater emphasis on humans. If they didn't, there would be no reason to make them live-action.

• Like Like x 1
  12. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Thank you, wheeljack Prime, very, very good response, very good indeed and illluminating as well! Although, I'm still convinced the transformers should be more focussed on but now at least I can understand why!

And as for Beast Wars? Please!!!! There was nothing really wrong with this show, the problem is there was nothing really right about it. Where do I start? The very forgettable phrases "Maximals, maxiise!", "Predacons, Terrorize", how uncatchy were those phrases? The cliche, suave, sophisticated bad guys that were gaining Exposure in the nineties in Megatron? I guess to be fair it was an ok show, but can you compare it to the cartoons that were around at the same time- Batman, Superman, Spiderrman, X-men (animated series) and Gargoyles. Come On! that poor incarnation of the great G1 can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as any of the all time greats I have just mentioned!

As for Bay movies, where do I start? These are horrible in every aspect, barring the rather impressive toys. The only two good things about these besmirchments to the franchise are Megan Fox (damn, she's fine!) and Peter Cullen, lol! The tranformers movies are not just bad transformer adaptations, they are bad movies, period! Honestly, if it wasn't called transfomers, could you really see yourself watching movies of that calibre, certainly not for me. I mean Skids and Mudflaps! Streotypical, racist nonesense. It says a lot or in this case very little of Michael Bays sense of humor! Those movies are so awful they have become a barometer of judging how bad movies are????? People come up to me saying Superman Returns was rubbish and I go " Come on it wasn't that bad, I've seen worse, I've seen Transformers!"

I'm sure you'll probably enjoy these movies if you want to see special effects or a big dum summer blockbuster or you're a hardcore TF fan partial to everything transformers related, but if you are looking for a good adaptation of a G1 characters or a compelling movie, these must be avoided lke the plague.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

This and this.

Wait...How did this become about the movies, anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars has far far FAR more credit as a quality production than G1 cartoon ever will have outside of nostalgia.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    I truly pity you. You've limited yourself to G1, a very small (and dated) fragment of what Transformers is all about. By being close-minded and ignoring the other interpretations, you've seriously cheated yourself out of the full experience of what is an awesome franchise. A lot of Transformers' appeal is derived from watching it change and retell itself over the years. Sadly, it seems that you can't appreciate that.

Now I see why you're so bitter when it comes to the new series. If I forced myself to not enjoy anything past a 25-year-old cartoon targeted at little kids, I guess I would be too... :redface2: 

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'd like to think it's at least a little okay to take issue with the human characters in Prime. Cybertron also featured a spunky Asian-ish girl, a plain boy, and a spunky slightly younger boy, as well as a government agent, and I still consider it the worst iteration of the Transformers franchise for how damned dull it was. I don't think it'll be that bad, but when you're already relying on familiar tropes like that, where are you going to break new ground like past TF shows have? Do they even have the desire to try?

17. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    Tropes don't make the show. The writing and character development does.

18. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

real shame transformers animated was dropped, to be honest I thought the writing in that show wasnt bad at all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    soooo...I'm not the only one that thinks Starscream looks like a girl right?

20. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

I did a search and didn't see this mentioned but...

"It turns out Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will NOT be lending his voice to G.I.Joe: Renegades, but instead will be lending his voice to Hasbro's other series "Transformers: Prime." According to them, he will be voicing the character of Cliffjumper."

...my apologies if it was mentioned already =)

<poof!>