Transformers Prime Hype

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Okay, now you're backpedaling.

2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    He totally is.

Anyway, like I said, I'm done arguing. There's really nothing more that I can say that hasn't already been stated.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, or else I might loose out on the $10,000 prize!

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think G1 had the advantage of cartoons in general were just pretty darn bad back then. Cartoons weren't seen as much more than just something for kids and once the rules changed something to just sell toys. Slap some episodes together, hope it sells a few toys for Hasbro and that's it because who will ever remember this stuff.

Since then cartoons have gone more mainstream so that it's not just something to keep the kids busy on Saturday morning but cartoons can be aimed at adults as well in prime time. Instead of just selling some toys creative teams can get into some pretty heavy story telling so now it can matter what happened back in season one of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Personally I'm kind of excited to have Transformers Prime in this modern age of cartoons. Cartoons now kind of remind me of when comic books used to be big and a way to tell stories. So the idea of a Transformers series where things matter is just more exciting than the G1 idea of just slap some stuff together and it doesn't matter what we did last season.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That´s what Animated had. It had characters with personality, it had a solid story. For example, you felt genuinely sorry for Omega Supreme in Animated after hearing his story and how he realized he was nothing more than an instrument of war.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if Susan Blu's still voice directing?

I heard from tformers' Comic Con report that she had to leave since one of her family members recently did and she was replaced. Is that true?

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yes, it's true, sadly enough.

8. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Indeed, yes. I read somewhere that she may have been replaced by Andrea Romano, but I haven't seen any verification for that; make of it what you will, I suppose.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm down with Andrea Romano AKA Best Voice Acting Director ever*.

*- In my opinion

10. Sumner Sturgeon

You certainly would not be the only one who thinks so; if there's anyone out there worthy of taking Susan Blu's place, it's probably her. Here's hoping it's true!

BTW, someone on Wikipedia just added a whole slew of completely unprecedented characters and credits to the show's page; my immediate response would normally be to call BS on the whole thing, but after they turned out to be right about Andy Pessoa as Raf, I'm not sure what to think.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    It also says Johnny Young Bosch is voicing Bumblebee and Troy Baker is voicing Jetfire.

I'll take that with a grain of salt for now, thanks.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm well Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jazz, Jetfire, Blackout, Shockwave and Ravage were all in Exodus (where's Prowl though? He was there too, grrr) while Brawl and Demolishor were in WFC. Blitzwing though? Well I wouldn't be surprised considering the producers have gone on record as Animated fans which is why Bulkhead is in the show and Lugnut was in the novel.

13. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Yeah I'll take the Wikipedia info with a grain of salt as well. I wouldn't mind if they were right about Blitzwing being in the show though.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's just left over credits from WFC that I presume somebody slowly updates when they get actual credits in, and the rest are just left alone as assumptions.

15. Sumner Sturgeon

^ Yeah, that much is obvious. As for the rest, I get the suspicion that it might just be that particular editor's personal "dream" cast for the show.

16. GrantB

GrantB Pic so old

News Credits:
    If they added it without citing sources then it should be removed immediately.

If you can't cite your sources, you should not be editing Wikipedia.

17. Sumner Sturgeon

Of course; I actually raised a stink about it on the article's talk page, and I'm hoping someone with some sense in their head will read it.

18. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Havent seen anyone say anything about this - its not really news but The Hub | A New TV Network for Kids and Families, Coming 10.10.10. has a new promo video on its site that does show Bumblebee and has Cullen saying "This is Optimus Prime" These scenes and sounds have been heard and seen before but not in this video montage.

19. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    We, uh...already saw that weeks ago.

Thanks though.

20. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Okay that's confirmation it's just like the movieverse. Bumblebee on that wallpaper and icon looks exactly like the movie bumblebee. Ugly with no face and bug eyes and no expression.

I'm so disapointed. Why can't we ever get a high quality show that's true to Transformers popular heritage all the way around from top to bottom? :(  Animated came close but it's problem was the horrible visual style, which looks to be the same problem that Prime is going to suffer from.