Transformers Prime Hype

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm excited. The voice cast looks great, especially since Cullen and Welker are both back and reunited in something other than a video game. The crew behind it is solid, and I like the desings (except Starscream which isn't horrible but could use some work, IMO).

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Your loss. It's pretty OUTRAGEOUS! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I saw a picture of a drawing of one of the characters a few months back and it was my biggest fear of this whole show realized. I don't like the look in the way they're changing it all to the movie verse style. Never liked that look. Actully to be perfectly honest I hate that look and that would be the politest way of saying it. So it's tough for me to buy into the hype and get excited for this show even with alot of my favorite classic voices doing the show.

At the same time I reminded of how much I disliked Animated's style/look too but the acting and writing was so good that it made the show watchable. So there is hope, but I'm taking a wait and see appraoch to find out what it really is.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't see how this show is movie-style except for the Bee design and the armor fragmentation, and even then, it's done in a much cleaner and different way from the movie designs.

5. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I haven't really seen a whole lot of it and this was just based on that one picture so to be fair I really should go look at more stuff. It's just when I saw that one picture it was like, "Great. Well I guess I shouldn't get excited now. No need to look up more news now. I'll just be more disapointed." I didn't want to put too much into it because of fear it would bother me.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Didn't we see a picture somewhere for the show where Prime has kind of his movie look?

But at least to me it seem like the show is pulling looks from all sorts of places and mixing things until it's kind of hard to call it one look. Sure there are some movie elements but you can also find Animated and War for Cybertron elements in the pictures we've seen so far.

It's almost like they decided to take the hybrid look Hasbro has been messing with in the toy lines to a new level for Transformers Prime.

7. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Exactly. Everyone's complaints about the movie designs primarily consisted of how they "looked too messy" and were "indiscernible". But, these designs, while sharing some facial similarities, are very clean and solid. There's really nothing to reasonably complain about. It's just more unnecessary movieverse hatred...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I don't like panels. When I reach for a leg, I want to reach for a leg, not a leg and three different panels. I'd rather have Animated Ironhide than Deluxe Movie Ironhide (STILL can't figure out how to peg his damned chest in). If nothing else, I worry for the toys.

Plus, Optimus Prime's design is pretty redundant when you compare it to his movie model. Not what I'd call an essential toy. Especially with those bizarre flat-screen TV pecs and huge arms.

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

And those non G1 incarnations (were)are targetted at people other than kids? Come on! Now just you sound delusional! Even that 25 year old cartoon targetted at kids has more of a serious tone than those badly written, hideous movies riddled with lewd, crude teen jokes and racist stereotyping that you think so highly of! And about limiting myself to G1 and cheating myself out of ther franchises! Puleaaaaaaaaaaase! Armada, Energon, Animated? You must be having a laugh? Were any of those anomilies the stand out shows or at least one of the stand out shows when they were launched? The answer is a resounding no! Why, because there weren't fresh, inovative or original in any sense, nope, they were just trying to capitalise on their great G1 predecessor's success! As I have already stated, the times in which other incarnations of G1 were being aired on TV there were far superior shows being aired at the same time which can hardly be said about the G1 Series!

And as for those movies???? Where do I begin? They were so bad I think I''l hold out on the third one, until maybe a Christopher Nolan-esque kind of director decides to reboot the franchise sometime in the future. You know, someone who can actually write a compelling and engaging story and can be faithful to the source material simultaneously as opposed to some Hollywood money grubbing whore who feels he can just put out rubbish and captialise on the namesake of a great franchise and get away with murder, which he clearly has done because there are some people that love anything transformers-related regardless of the quality! I'm not one of them, mate!

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why do people insisit on putting G1 on some fucking high pedestal when it comes from it´s stories. It was like all the current TF shows a commercial to sell toys.

I kinda lost you when you said Animated was an anomaly too. Really? Animated is leagues above the "Great G1" ( I use the term with a heavy dose of sarcasm) with it comes to storytelling and characters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started to read your post, but every gratuitous exclamation point enraged me a little more. My brain is currently trying to escape my head through my tear ducts, and it's all your fault.

I have no idea what you just said, but for god's sake, can you try to say it less hysterically?

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Apparently Bay is a murderer, from what I read.

13. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    You know what they call someone who likes anything Transformers, regardless of quality?

A Transformers fan. :lol 

14. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    You think G1 has better writing than Animated, and I'm the delusional one?

Wow... I think we're through here, pal. I'm done trying to argue with a close-minded Geewunner... :redface2: 

P.S.
    Don't PM me your arguments again either. Reading your posts on this thread is more than enough, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's pretty simple. Darkunor has either not watched G1 since childhood, or hasn't seen any other modern series in its entirety. There's really no other rational explanation.

16. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    That sounds about right to me.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And there's nothing wrong with being in that situation, in and of itself. But be open-minded to new takes on the franchise, especially something that might be coming highly recommended.

Worst-case, you don't like it as much as the old series. Watch the reruns on the Hub then!

18. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    Exactly. I take no issue with someone preferring G1 over any other series. But, trash-talking all of the other iterations is, to put it nicely, just bad form. G1 is not the end-all-be-all of the Transformers franchise and should, by no means, be treated as such.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You are histories greatest monster.

20. darkunor

darkunor Banned

For the record, I never said G1 had better writing than Animated! The point I am emphasising, is that it was far more original, iconic and influential when it came out than animated was, is and will ever be! You wouldn't compare a 1950's Ferrari to a subsequent model of it made in the 2000's, would you? Clearly the model in the 2000's would be superior due to technological and advancements and what not! What you would compare though is how iconic, original, influential they both were and how they both fared against their peers/rivals in respective times they were released. And on that basis G1 is by far superior to it's subsequent incarnations!!! Post G1, every incarnation has played second or third fiddle to other franchises/shows in their respective eras, in the 90's Power Rangers and batman, in the 2000's, Avatar and Justice league!!! G1 has just been far more iconic than any of it dysfucntional offspring could ever dream of being!