Transformers Prime From NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, getting my impressions together here. Hooookay.

Bumblebee Legion: certainly looks decent enough, but I wonder what it has to do with the story (more when we get to the Deluxe).

Smokescreen Legion: DEAR GOD WIN. First of all, it's nice to see the fine sculpting on Legion weapons continue with non-translucent weapons. It's also nice to see the character continue with *gasp* a new mold. Deco on him looks really nice.

Airachnid Legion: Meh, will be nice to have the character for $5 and hopefully avoiding the feeling of "I bought an awful thing because I'm obsessed with toys."

"Twinstrike" Legion: OH HASBRO. You can't fool me. This is Sinnertwin. There isn't a single feature missing, and the name even feels like a shrug and a wink to a name that, let's face it, might raise oversensitive eyebrows. I wouldn't doubt it if he's non-show, and just an excuse to make Sinnertwin. And I already have Legends Hun-Grr to go with!

Bulkhead Commander: Just got a redeco, and now a retool? The new look doesn't win me over, if you're going to do Roadbuster JUST DO ROADBUSTER. I'm hoping this one isn't in the show, or at least that it's just the new helmet and not a recolor. I have to say his weapon is amazing though.

Predaking Commander: Ok, I guess I have to talk about Predaking now. I like the name use, don't mind that he's non-combining, I like Predacons as villains. I'm sure I'll wind up with one of these guys, for such a prominent character. But without having seen the bot mode of one of the two large versions, I'm not flipping over it yet. On the other hand, I feel some goodwill towards Hasbro for dabbling in large figures again AT ALL.

Sky Claw: Hoping this is a non-show ship. If it is from the show, I doubt I'll be able to resist it, and then I'll be stuck with that daft Smokescreen redeco.

Apex Armor: Ok, it's not accurate, but at least it REFERENCES the damn show. Might get it, just cause it's armor that isn't that Bumblebee thing. I'd rather not be stuck with the Breakdown, but I'm amused/exasperated that it seems to be referencing perennial homage-magnet G2 Breakdown.
    Seriously though, Breakdown for the toy? Why not Cliffjumper? Tailgate? How much deader will the guy continue to be? I guess they needed a Decepticon Legion mold, but how bout the Vehicon? People actually want to buy more of him.

Bumblebee Deluxe: Ok, hmm. Whether this is brilliant or awful depends, for me, 100% on whether this is a thing that happens in the show. It does seem to be a retool but it's very extensive, almost fooled me. The head being different is really intriguing.
    If this look is show-accurate, particularly in that it moves away from the movie head, I might get it instead of the FE BB in the end. At least I'm not stuck with another Deluxe BB yet.
    If this is another gratuitous "Shadow Strike" kind of thing though, and that instruction storyline isn't an actual S3 storyline, I'm going to be torqued. Frankly, even if you do have to shove the show's lead character into every refresh, that character is Arcee anyway. The BBs are an assault on the senses.

Deluxe Soundwave: Ten to one this isn't a show colorscheme. That wacky Soundwave, just wanted to add some yellow! I LOVE Soundwave, but not sure Ravage and a tentacle will get me to buy the mold again. I do think there might be some story payoff to Soundwave having a new (Predacon?) companion.

Deluxe Wheeljack: Really? This is what we get, not Smokescreen? Why doesn't Hasbro's toy peddling make any sense? I do like the spear though, and the face, and that he is overall more different-looking from Generations Wheeljack. Again, it's up to "is this in the show," and let's face it, there will be more cash-in modifications to the toys than in the computer models. If there are ANY in the end.

Deluxe Lazerback: Bad name. The toy, well, it's a thing. If it's in the show, worth considering.

Voyager Predaking: Well, that's cool. Scale-wise, looks as though the "big guy" might be preferable, as long as it isn't too pricey.

Voyager ?: Really? What is this? I wonder if both the ?s are a new character they aren't revealing. It would seem a little silly if it's just "gnarly Optimus" or the long-revealed Shockwave. And honestly, anything other than Shockwave would actually annoy me. He's already overdue for one.

Generations Platinum: Well, that is a new thing. On one hand, it's a bit depressing that Hasbro's idea of a Premium line is to spruce up stuff from EIGHT YEARS AGO. OTOH, Omega actually looks superb, and I have really been excited by the last two Amazon exclusives. While Unicron was a slight pain to get, in general Amazon is a perfect retailer for this kind of thing, they can handle the traffic, cut you a deal on shipping, still no pay on pre-order, and are ordering serious quantities. Plus, I like the system where BBTS gets their back, might pay a little more and take a little longer but they are reliable so, good safety net. No desire for the Energon Optimus though, I know it interacts with Omega but I don't need that. Weird choice for a collector thing.

2. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    "Transformers Generations - Platinum Edition"?

How about some brand new Classics-verse figures? Or is that just too much to ask? :rolleyes2 

3. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Only the new dlx wheeljack looks cool to me, rest: meh

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Jeez that thing is Bahamut, but in Transformers form.

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Designers' meeting: Kids love Bumblebee. Kids love pointy things. POINTY BUMBLEBEE! Nailed it.

:rolleyes: 

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    An effing kickass double homage, right?! ;) 

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

If you know something about the forthcoming Takara version that we don't, please do share.

8. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm finding myself a lot more interested in Beast Hunters than I thought. Even some of the "new" remolds are pretty sweet! But dear god, Omega Supreme will be mine if I have to sell an organ haha. Next year looks quite promising with some new ideas, can't wait!

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Sure, if you want less new mold Prime toys.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, please, what is it with comments like these?

Classics always comes back every two or three years, and it always comes back better. Yet people seem to have some kind of misguided idea that, whatever TF series is going on, will cancel the Classics toys FOREVERRRR.

So, so sick of hearing Hasbro doesn't give the fans what they want. Oh wait, I bet that's why they released not one but TWO Classics lines two years ago, featuring Classics versions of many characters people still 'needed', including: Kup, Perceptor, Jazz, Wheeljack, Tracks, Thunderwing, Wreck-Gar, Warpath...wait, do I need to go on?

The first Transformers movie didn't destroy Classics. ROTF didn't destroy classics. TF Prime isn't going to destroy Classics. It's just taking a break every time. Hell, even the upcoming Generations toys feature some Fall of Cybertron characters that can easily fit in your Classics collection.

So yeah, it is too much to ask. Quit yammering.

More on-topic: having seen the Beast Hunters toys, I really don't think I'll get into this. But who knows, maybe the idea is crazy enough to work.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  11. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

? We are getting a larger version of this predaking? Is it a combiner? or just larger version of the voyager?

12. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

He will probably be made of wet noodle plastic to avoid the pokey bits.

13. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Mate, I couldn't give a fuck about the Prime toys. I don't own a single one of them & I have no intention to. They do absolutely nothing for me.

IMO those recent Asian-exclusive Classics remolds/repaints sucked ass - a half-arsed Springer, a crappy Swerve, Wheelie from the Jazz mold? Yet another re-release of the Classics Seekers? :rolleyes:  I am sure there are more people out there like me who feel that way. I want to buy new, upcoming TFs but the only ones that appeal to me in the next 6 months are MP Sideswipe, Soundwave & all his cassettes - & that's it. Obviously Has/TakTom don't want anymore of my money...

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It was the version of Predaking shown off on the preview night. It's the same design as the Commander and Voyager figures, but we still don't really know what size-class it'll be. Supposedly it's a new one, so it should be interesting to see what price-point will go along with it. Given the added detail and larger size, depending on how much it's going to retail for, it might actually be worth skipping the Voyager for.

15. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    They will do just fine without your money.

16. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Predaking is a winner. No doubt about it.

But what is up with that terrible display? 16 Powerizer Primes? So half assed.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *squints*

Hey, I think that's the version of Energon Optimus Prime with the mouth instead of the faceplate....

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is Omega coming out and any word on a deluxe Smokescreen?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I want to say late this year/early next year.

Not yet, but I would be shocked if they didn't have one on the way for either the second or third wave of the Beast Hunters line. He's getting a new mold Legion figure, and then it's getting repainted and packed-in with a new mold Cyberverse ship.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least this gives hope that Smokescreen will survive season 2!

(Looks at all the Cliffjumper figures.... damn)