Transformers Prime From NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also possible. Though I think there's a lot less reason to hide him.

However I'm gonna be happy imagining cool possibilities. If you want to be bummed out by boring ones feel free.

-ZacWilliam, the fact that the Dinobots are playing a big role in the prelude to Beast Hunters and that Hasbro didn't just say "no" but "keep watching" is at least a reason to be optimistic IMO.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Loved all the pics!!!! Thanks for posting them.

Amazing bunch of bots/weapons, etc. :thumb 

Was getting worried about Optimus, glad I finally saw him toward the end. He had a very familiar look to him, but awesome looking nonetheless.

Bring'em On!!! :thumb 

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love the new claw arm for Omega Supreme, but the (pin)head looks worse to me. Also wish they would have remolded the train foot as well. It does look awesome though :D 

As for Beast Hunters, Legions Twinstrike (Sinnertwin) and Voyager Predaking look good from what I can tell. Everything else is passable.

All in all, these preview shots give me hope for next year.

4. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh my. gonna have to get that omega supreme!

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    That Soundwave is very teched-out. Pretty cool stuff, probably will pass on most of them but that Predaking looks pretty night. A little dissapointed about there being no Smokescreen Deluxe toy but, oh well.

6. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think well see a smokescreen deluxe soon enough.

otherwise some really cool stuff on all fronts.

seems to confirm smokescreen wont be dead by the end of season 2, and maybe airachnid and breakdown will both make a comeback of some kind?

also trailcutter kreo : Humor hides self esteem issues. roflmao! seems James Roberts characterization is bleeding backwards- a good sign.

and windchargers "advanced brick aerodynamics" lolololol

7. Crown

Crown Omnibot

News Credits:
    I've enjoyed Prime so far, both show and toy's. But, and I hate to say this, I really don't like what I've seen so far for Beast Hunters, save for maybe Voyager Predaking. I may still enjoy the show but I don't see myself being a completest with these Beast Hunters.

As for Generations, Omega will be bought.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't even notice the Kreon stuff until now. I want that Trailbreaker and Windcharger.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the Prime looking bot fighting Predaking with a long sword and shield in the Beast Hunters Logo.

I'm really enjoying the direction the show is going in. I really hope that the decked out Autobots are in the show. Dinobots? It's inevitable.

10. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    That has nothing to do with James Roberts. That's Trailbraker's original G1 bio. That's always been his character.

-ZacWilliam, but they did say they're watching IDW for popular characters and are going to start including IDW comics with Generation toys. I'm praying for Rung.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm... While I probably won't get the same characters again, I worry that any Prime Smokescreen we get will be weaponized. Glad I have the Tomy Knockout redeco preordered.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Didn't honestly pay any attention to it, lol...Chances are it's probably just an armored-up Optimus with a repaired Star Saber, but does anybody else get a Grimlock vibe from it?

13. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Well, Dinobots were mentioned to be in season 3.

Who better to challenge a giant Space Dragon than a sword wielding Space T-rex?

14. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to say either the dragon is 1 part if what will become the PRIME Predaking or the dragon will be in homage to Cybertron Jungle Planet Scourge

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    True. Part of me wants the unrevealed Commander and Voyager class figures to be Grimlock, but part of me has a hard time seeing Hasbro releasing two Voyager class Grimlock figures so close to each other.

The dragon IS Predaking...

Edit: Looking at the Soundwave figure, two things catch my attention. 1. Why would Soundwave need armor?, and 2. Does he have a face now?

16. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think that's less likely. But they might well be willing to let Generations Grimlock stand for the Prime character as they seem to be fine with Generations Shockwave doing the same. (Takara certainly is.)

So, Maybe Commander Swoop and Voyager Slag, Snarl, or Sludge?

-ZacWilliam, base speculation I know, and maybe it WILL be something as boring as armored up Prime, but it's nice to imagine...

17. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This Beasthunter thing is so odd to me. Did they explain how the show is going to move into this new storyline? I haven't watched recently.

* nevermind, just watched the spoiler teaser

18. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    To anyone worried that a deluxe Smokescreen would be armored up like Bumblebee and Wheeljack, do me a favor. Look at the legion figures. Bumblebee and Bulkhead are all armored up. Smokescreen and Airrachnid (both new molds) are clean.

I'm 100% certain that Smokescreen will get an unarmored mold, at least initially. I'm sure Hasbro will remold him into an armored version for a later wave, but I'm sure he will get an unarmored version first.

I've already said this but I will say it again. The armored molds are to fill out the line with popular characters that kids like done in a way that kids like so their parents will buy them.

19. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Yes.

Shockwave, who was introed a little while back in flashback is going to return and have used his experiments (continuing the ones that created the Dinobots in FoC) to recreate the prehistoric Cybertronian dragon-race know as Predacons. He's created Predaking to be the ultimate Autobot hunter and the Bots must deal with it.

ZacWilliam, that's about what we know.

20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    So, I generally don't make these comments...and I say this as a BW fan...these swing WAY away from the recognizable and into "ice cream parlor Donatello!" range for me.

Beast Wars was a reboot w/ recognizable animals that changed into robots
    Animated was a reboot w Teen Titan style
    Prime was a meld of Animated and Movie styling
    And now they're just random cybertronian beasts in bright colors.

I'll see what comes of it, but this seems like the most random choice since technorganic Transformers in BM