Transformers Prime First Editions Officially Cancelled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 26, 2012.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Isn't it the FE Vehicon that has kibble on his cape? The RID Vehicion moves it to his leg.

2. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Excellent post.

But, that is irrelevant if a US member asks me to pick up a figure in the UK for them. If I bought a Windcharger Scout for a US guy, I would expect the £8 + postage it cost me, not the £3 it would cost you in the US, leaving me out iof pocket. That does not make someone a scalper.

3. Matrix_holder

Matrix_holder The chosen one.

News Credits:
    The Canadian dollar is on par (that means the same) with the US dollar. They charge us more for transformers than they charge you. That means that we pay more than you do. Canadians are paying more for gas as well, $5.00 a gallon to over $7.00 a gallon of gas. We are also charged more to ship items through Canadian Post than you are with USPS. what dose it matter how much money we make? our dollar is on par and we are charged more for the exact same item. Many people make different salaries in Canada just like the states. Single collectors, collectors with kids??? doesn't matter. People are charged different rent and taxes in the different regions/cities in the states like Beverly hills, Detroit, Huston and Kentucky. It is the same as it is in the USA, people have different incomes and have different taxes just like in Canada. That doesn't change the fact that we are charged alot more for these figures than you are. Think about that 8 year old Canadian kid that saves up his allowance for a transformer...he has to save up more than his American counterpart for that 10th repaint of bumblebee. Not fair at all.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    umm....we pay for health care :tumbleweed: 

Seriously though...any conversation about comparing costs between countries is pointless and equates to this:horse: 

5. Matrix_holder

News Credits:
    that doesn't change the price of your transformers does it? We also pay heath care too...we pay for everybodys healthcare in Canada, My taxes pays for the heart transplant for the guy that lives across the country who needs one. Complaining about cost of TFs is not beating a dead horse ,not when you are selling or trading with someone from the US and want a fair trade or don't want to be chastised for being a "scalper"

6. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    The health care thing was a joke hence the emoticon

The fact of the matter is canadian transformers are not the same as american transformers and your not trading apples to apples. If you don't like the issues of international trading then just don't do it. It's not like your being forced to do it

7. Matrix_holder

News Credits:
    They are the exact same transformers, there is no difference at all. I have purchased "multi language" packed transformers in the USA and there is no difference at all. they come from the exact same factories. We also get english only packages as well. It is apples and apples.

8. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Everything effects costs though, even a packaging variant requiring a different, smaller, print run can add cost to a toy. Also the same is true of takara transformers too, over the last couple of years the only really difference for things like their movie toys has been the packaging and yet the toys cost significantly more even though all of these toys are manufactured in china and it's neighboring countries. In the process of being shipped to different countries various shipping costs, tarifs, customs and lord knows what else is tacked on to the cost of the toy. In the end it doesn't matter you can choose to deal with it or not

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rock  Exactly.

I know when Animated Arcee and Ratchet hit TRU I had little hope they would come out in Canada, An awesome collector in the USA helped me out and got me one of each. Like you I paid more, but nothing insane. He took the time to go pick them up, package them up and send them to me. I am still grateful to this day :) 

10. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Because of average cost of living, been mentioned in the thread several times. Still a relevant point. You can disregard it all you'd like, doesn't suddenly make it irrelevant.

11. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Questions for you guys- so while the US only got FE Deluxes Arcee, Bee & Starscream, other regions (like Canada) received those three plus the Entertainment Pack (Op, Megs & the kids), FE Cliffjumper, and the Voyagers Optimus and Bulkhead, correct? What about the FE Vehicon and Zombie (Terrorcon) Cliffjumper? Did Canada get these? Has anyone in the world received the Zombie Cliff yet?

Do you guys know if Japan is supposed to be getting those FE molds for the Vehicon and Zombie Cliff?

I am so annoyed and confused by this whole situation. I am finding myself spending an insane amount of money to get these FE molds, and I'm sure I will feel like an idiot when they start showing up at TJ Maxx, etc. sometime in the future. (sigh)

12. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well- us dollar and canadian dollar have been pretty close for the last 2 years- as of yesterday 1 USD = 0.9954 CAD - so really, pretty much even. Given that we are your largest trading partner and closest neighbour, it stands to reason that things like standard of living and cost of living are relatively similar, though on goods we tend to pay more. In some cases we pay a lot more, like for cars.

all the other stuff is relatively irrelevant when it comes to discussing TOYS, but for sake of argument- you have all of the "knowing" at your fingertips - just google it.

googled "average canadian salary" (after taxes) -
    Average income after tax by economic family types

sales tax where i am is 13% :( 

the average single canadian pays 31.6 % of household income while an american pays 29.1% -- for those with kids its 21.5 to 11.9.

anyways...

13. WoundSave

News Credits:
    NO - we Canadians have not seen vehicon or zombie cliff..... anywhere.

our waves went something like

couple weeks before xmas
    entertainment pack + bb ss arcee wave 1 pack

a weeek later- cliffjumpers (im pretty sure in their own- just cliffjumpers boxes at first) , and a small number of Voyager Boxes. Ent Pack basically been shelfwarming since xmas

after Xmas no new shipments for a couple weeks (well in my area)- then a seemingly repacked deluxe box with BB, SS, arcee, and cliff in the same box and voyager boxes showing up once a week or so.

all the canadian toys =
    [​IMG]

14. escutler

News Credits:

Thanks, Wound! That clears it up. Nice photo- I am jealous! You said that the Entertainment Pack has been shelfwarming since Xmas- is it still? If so, I humbly request that you pick one up for me and I will be happy to throw in a little extra for your trouble!

I think Japan is supposed to get that FE mold Vehicon, but I can't seem to find any info on that Zombie Cliffjumper- I wonder when/if this will be released! Hmmm...

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zombie Cliffjumper is coming up in the Takara line.

Zombie Cliff

16. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I got mine from the same guy, feel the same way. There's a huge difference in being compensated fairly and being ridiculous with it. Mainly you'll see members here post "Hey, I've got X" and it's usually at the high end of ridiculous. You have to really sift through before you find a reasonable seller here anymore. It gets worse every month and more people are doing it every hard to get figure and it used to not be like this at all. Still seeing mainline RiD figures being sold for crazy amounts, a line we'll have soon if not any day really. That is my problem with this mess really, the influx of "helpers" doing it to "help". Bullshit. You did it to take advantage of the situation or someone who doesn't know better and that's it. Take a stroll through the J.E. or link throughs on profiles, you'll see. You'll have a ball looking on ebay or Amazon. lol
    Maybe it is time to quit when "fans" and other collectors are making it this way. No matter what rationale or spin you try and put on it you can't say it isn't happening.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you actually quoted my entire post, I made the distinction between the FE and main line version. :wink: 

18. escutler

News Credits:
    Thanks, Robo! What is strange, though, is I thought the AM line was the Japanese version of the Robots in Disguise line (not FE). So is AM-08 Terrorcon Cliff based on the FE mold Cliffjumper (like originally planned) or is it based on the 2nd (not as good) RID mold Cliffjumper? If the FE, then I am ordering that! Does anyone know, or can anyone tell by the photo?

Another thought... if Terrorcon Cliffy is now part of TakTom's main line, then is there a decent possibility of him being released as part of Hasbro's main (RID) line, right? Maybe that is how the US is going to get that FE mold- as a Zombie redeco. Assuming that the toy is still based on that FE mold... Does anybody "in the know" have any info on this?

19. Zeno4xx

Zeno4xx Well-Known Member

That pic is deff FE.

20. WoundSave

News Credits:
    that zombie is definetly based off the FE mold. the new RID mold doesnt have the flip out hand cannons.

I am on a first name basis with one of the managers at the local TRU, when i asked about Vehicons/Zombie Cliff wave she said that to the best of her knowledge they seemed to be pushed back to an undisclosed date. She is a collector herself, and her boyfriend works for Hasbro Canada - so im pretty sure she was giving me information based on what she knew, rather than just telling a customer 7something that sounded good.

so maybe we'll still see vehicon/zombie cliff in Canada, um (<---- my mourning dove just typed "um" weird......)